Carolina Handling

Carolina Handling Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Hilton

Good job but not a career

Field Service Technician (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat coworkers, high accountability keeps production levels high a corrects mistakes before they get out of hand. Pay is good, Team system and territory works well. Company van & special tools. Work from home, flexible hours, good training.

ConsCustomer Service Reps. (CSR's) take it in the shorts. Too broad of territory. Unable to stay on top of customer issues until it's too late. Field Service Tech's are expected to be Techs, Salesmen, Complaint Department, CSR, Numbers Chasers and still fix the forklifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a "SOP" Standard Operating Plan and stick to it. Don't talk out of both sides of mouth, be honest about the numbers, allow the employee to score high on their reviews. Give quarterly bonuses instead of letting the teams bust their but for 12 months and because goals weren't met in one quarter they get nothing.

The company has a lot of business from big name companies but some of the managers do not have sufficient training.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsProfit sharing is great, once established, company works with personal situations, all the overtime you want.

ConsReviews are not realistic as they will not give the highest score since they feel like no one is perfect. Favoritism is shown.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be helpful if a fingerprint was left every time an employee touched a file. Employees can manipulate files and point fingers back at other employees in order to sabotage someone's work.

Good company to work for.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery financially sound company and market leader in their assigned geographic territory.

ConsVery high accountability for performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make employees always feel their job is at risk.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company limited growth as a technician,

Field Service Technician (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsUnlimited overtime when available, honor system time card, company van and special tools, every day is different. Team based work force. Benefits are good. Flexible hours. Pay is good.

ConsVery "numbers conscious " like most profitable companies. Every minute you work must be accounted for. A lot of pressure to increase your production. Bonus plan is in place but goals are set so high, it's unlikely you will obtain them. In order to keep your quality people have options in place when the physical part of being a field technician becomes difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of "Yearly" bonuses, create a quarterly or monthly bonus plan like most profitable companies. Compensate Field Service Supervisors and CSRs better.

One of the best places' I've ever worked!

Rental Coordinator, Driver (Former Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsDecent Pay, Great Benefits, Company anniversary weekend getaway for entire company, great co-workers.

ConsGreat coworkers, but also lots of snitches and brown nosers.

It is a stepping stone job, not a career

Field Service Technician (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsYou have a Company vehicle,and you do not in an office. When i was there we had a company meeting every year.

ConsIf there is no work to do you do not get paid. I had to use vacation time to make my hours when things were slow

Advice to Senior ManagementI dont have much advice for the management. I would say update the technology you have in the field. Computers instead of paper

The truth about Carolina Handling

Teamleader/ Field Service Tech (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe pay is good and the company van was very nice. The associate has very good and adequate resources to do the job and the 401k matching was excellent.

ConsPoor management of the associates. Associates were looked at as numbers rather than people. I thought the company was run well before equity partners were made. After that happened, this company changed its core values that focused on the customer and the associates

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your associates with respect and listen to their needs

Outstanding culture, compensation is good.

ProsThe culture is very others'-focused.

ConsThere are absolutely, positively, none.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Great job.

Great place to work!!

ProsPlenty of room for growth. They have a structure that allows you to grow as long as you are willing to put in the work.

ConsCommunication, or the lack thereof, between branches and departments can be extremly frustrating at times

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to do a better job of keeping employees informed about changes with customers.

Worked for Carolina Handling? Contribute to the Community!