Carondelet Health Network Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. Analyst

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people with great mission and values. Lots of experience and exposure.

Cons

Economic and demographic pressures squeeze the budget.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. Unit Clerk

Former Employee - Unit Coordinator in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Unit Coordinator in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network

Pros

Great People at work. Flexible hours and PTO adds up quickly

Cons

Management likes to be under budget and the units suffer from being under staffed

Advice to Management

Listen to your team (employees)

3. Great Place to start.

Current Employee - Financial Counselor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Counselor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

St. Mary's is a great place to start your career. There are very experienced individuals in each department that will try their best to aid and guide you.

Cons

There are little to no advancement opportunities unless you "know" someone. Promotions are offered not based on experience or knowledge. Pay is very low and raises haven't been offered in years.

Advice to Management

Invest more in retaining star employees.

5. Dream job, was very satisfying and fulfilling.

Former Employee - Medical Transcription in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Transcription in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time

Pros

Felt like the work we did was really helpful and supportive of our patients and staff.

Cons

Unsurity of job retention due to economic downturn as well as the changes in healthcare.

Advice to Management

Please don't keep outsourcing our jobs.

6. Radiology Department

Former Employee - Technician in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technician in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most co-workers were caring, warm people who truly believe in taking good care of their patients and are supportive people to work with.

Cons

Corrupt management reign in fear-similar to Hitler. St. Joseph's hospital tries to sell to the public their Catholic beliefs, but their business practices are anything but Christian. Management has worsen since the sale of the hospital. It is evident and sad that they do not care about their employees.

Advice to Management

If your actions are by choice - shame on you. However, if your actions are due to company policy and company expectations I wonder how you sleep at night knowing how you are affecting the lives of so many dedicated, hard-working people.

7. Good docs and nurses and techs, its the management that isnt great

I worked at Carondelet Health Network

Pros

There are a ton of people who really care about their work here. Great entry level job to learn at. TERRIBLE patient ratios for techs, and pretty low pay.

Cons

All about money...."we'll hire more when the satisfaction scores are better..." What?
    Lots of really lazy employees that are never reprimanded

8. I was an Appeals Coordinator and Insurance Processing Rep

Former Employee - Patient Financial Services in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Patient Financial Services in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked the people I worked with. They were very friendly and my boss was outstanding. She was actually a supervisor and let me do the work the most efficient was that I could. But sadly she is not there anymore (layoff). After they laid off my entire department they really did try to find jobs for the people that they wanted to keep, I got a similar job at the hospital with Case Management. I liked their mission and what they stood for.

Cons

Laid-off, and not in a good way. They brought in an outside company to manage their entire Patient Financial Services Department and they assured us that they were only changing our processes and procedures and they wouldn't lay anyone off (That was also said by Carondelet's Executive Management)... 6 months later they told everyone that they were reducing the department size to 15 people (from 65). The middle management (mangers) were not effective and they only reason they had their jobs was because they worked there for so long, not because they had the talent to be managers. Their business office needs to be just that a business office, not a gossip channel. THe company needs to act more like a business then a charity organization. Hospitals need to make money so they can continue to treat patients and they can afford to treat patients that have no means of paying for their care.

Career advancement is pretty limited, if you don't have a medical degree of some kind (PCT, CNA, RN, MD). They will let the business side of healthcare go byu the wayside and then erroneously bill patients for the mistakes that they made. There were so many times that I had to beg management to write off a claim because no one put in the charges until after the 60 day filing limit that insurance contract have. I would tell them that because we have an insurance contract we were not allow to billed the patient because we could get it together. There were certain patients that ended up calling my desk I would tell them that management wanted them to pay the bill because their billing department didn't bill the claim until after the filing limits. They would get extraordinary angry with me (even though I'm not billing) but there was nothing that management would let us do to fix it so the patient would stop getting the bills.

Benefits and compensations were poor too. I went to a special school and got licences to do my job but was one of the lowest paid in all of Tucson.

Advice to Management

Actually hire people that are managers, not employees that have "moved up the ranks, just because." Get people to actually focus on their work so they can help out patients and their families, not complain about how hard their job is.

9. secure, but very micromanaged

Former Employee - Case Manager in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Leawood, KS

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of support- lots of education- secure that the company will remain in business

Cons

management looks at everything and micromanages everything

Advice to Management

reward success and allow your employees some space

Load of crap talkers

Former Employee - Pct
    Former Employee - Pct

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time

Pros

There are seriously no pros for this place

Cons

the nurses and the pct's that have been there over 4 years love to talk crap about the new hires. They make nasty comments about patients and new hires infront of anyone walking down the hall. No respect for anyone. If you go to management they will put you under investigation and you lose money. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

Advice to Management

GET NEW MANAGEMENT

11. All Talk and Policy Without the Staffing to Follow Through

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Carondelet has some of the most hard working, dedicated, and team oriented nurses and patient care technicians I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Cons

The management continues to add new policies and increase patient intake without having enough patient care providers on the floors. This issue leads to mistakes that create a dangerous environment for patients.

Advice to Management

Management seems to think that the issue can be fixed with more policies and meetings, but the only way to address these problems is to put more personnel on the floors.

RSS Feed </> Embed