Carousel Industries

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Gardner

good place to work with reasonable expectations

Prosvirtual office and work/life balance

Consgetting corporate attention for us remote workers

Advice to Senior Managementin touch efforts with remote staff

Going down hill

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThey throw a great party.

ConsManagement and there is no direction. They change comp and strategy with the wind.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecycle 75% of upper management.

Unappreciative of their hard workers.

Service (Current Employee) Exeter, RI

ProsIf you keep your head down and work hard, you will remain employed. The employees are mostly very nice, and appreciative of each other.

ConsTerrible salaries, terrible health insurance, your concerns will more than likely be swept aside, raises don't cover increased cost of living. Very few holidays off.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you would appreciate your employees more you wouldn't have a revolving door of people using this job as a stepping stone, and you would get more out of everyone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved working at Carousel, though salary is low for all positions

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Exeter, RI

ProsI've always felt recognized for exceeding expectations. Lots of opportunities to take ownership of my work, propose my own projects, and learn internal processes. The day-to-day folks embrace change (management, not so much). Free fruit twice a week, free healthy drinks, on-site gym.

ConsSalary, salary, salary. Mid-level management generally do not embrace the change required to be a great organization. Makes the job of a BA very difficult. Very much a "CYA" envirionment... everyone does everything in email to have the paper trail so they don't get thrown under the bus by a co-worker. Benefits could be better (plays to the salary issue and how much the company is willing to pay to support their employees). The Exeter location isn't stellar, not a ton of places close by, though not a big deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing very talented people left and right. They are taking the skills they learned at Carousel and moving to companies that are willing to pay them the salaries they deserve for their talent. Carousel is a good company to be a part of for a lot of reasons, if the salary matched the skill level required, it could be a great one!

disappointing

Director (Former Employee)

ProsThey talk a great game about vision, UC, Video, Data....

ConsThere was NO movement towards their vision. EXTREAMLY disappointing leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementUnify, don't divide!

The company peaked 4 years ago

NOC Technician (Current Employee) Exeter, RI

ProsThey don't make you work very hard
    Most of the other techs aren't very bright
    So you stand out if you can perform the most basic
    Troubleshooting and actually fix the problem

ConsAll of their talent are leaving for other companies
    The management team does not provide direction
    There are so many family members there at some point
    The deliverance banjo kid will be born and will probably
    Be Vice President

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage good employees to stay and
    Stop promoting friends and relatives
    Without thought in how they perform their jobs

Carousel Industries review

Convergence Tech (Current Employee) Exeter, RI

Prosgood benefits package -above average
    comfortable working conditions -well located-new equipment-up to date

Conspoor middle management
    unprofessional co-workers
    proprietary job evaluation - not what you do but who you are related to or have known (for years)

Advice to Senior Managementstart paying attention to employee skill sets and task accordingly

It's sort of like Apple, minus the incredible minds

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Exeter, RI

ProsThey have a great culture and a positive vibe. It feels very much like a small start up. They treat their employees very well.

ConsThere's a joke about Apple that goes like this: What's the difference between Apple and the Boy Scouts? Answer: the Boy Scouts have adult supervision. That's kind of like what this place is like. Good luck focusing on work while your coworkers blast rock music. Also, people here are really hit or miss. Some are really smart, others would spell that last statement as "sum r rlly smrt". Literally. The family/friend ties here are so strong that people who wouldn't be able to be manager at McDonalds are actually on the corporate ladder with, and I'm not joking, actual power.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is the problem here. Too many family/friend ties. Politics and bureaucracy are so woven into this company I can't imagine how they could ever get rid of it.

Small company trying to be a big company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of smart, hard-working people with good customer focus. Lot's of flexibility to treat the job like you are running your own business

ConsInternal processes are cumbersome and frequently changing. They lack the proper tools and resources to effectively handle Fortune 100 customers. Sr. Management does a very poor job in providing direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you do best, providing quality goods & services to small businesses.

Growth company

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsStrong growth story in a exciting industry.

ConsChallenge is how to adapt to evolving market and position for growth.

Worked for Carousel Industries? Contribute to the Community!