Carphone Warehouse Reviews

Reset
2.4
Carphone Warehouse Deputy Group CEO Andrew Harrison
Andrew Harrison

Pros
  • Some stores can offer flexible hours (although new staff are now only given temporary contracts) (in 6 reviews)

• In short, you will work on great campaigns with great people gaining a lot of valuable experience (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Life at Carphone Head Office in North Acton was always incredible fast paced and hectic (in 5 reviews)

• Company is going backwards in terms of how they treat their staff and I am so happy I am getting off the sinking ship (in 4 reviews)

1. Long hours good reward

Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse

Pros

Good Bonus Good benefits Great Staff

Cons

Bad Management Disorganized Keep cutting hours

Advice to Management

Pull your finger out, look after staff and provide easier feedback tools that work

2. Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Customer Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse part-time

Pros

great manager, flexible, and part time position available

Cons

short staff, pay less for the job done, and not recognised for being the best store for customer satisfaction

Advice to Management

Take it easy on the staff

3. Great fun, Options for progression.

Current Employee - Customer Consultant/AM in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Consultant/AM in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good money. - Good team, friendly people.

Cons

- Systems are old/slow. - Options for progression but little support.

5. Alright job

I worked at Carphone Warehouse part-time

Pros

Great Discounts and great money

Cons

Boring people to work with

6. Great Flexibility for people who desire part time work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am not interested at all in working full time as I am chasing a football career, I'm on a 15hr contract but there are many opportunities for over time, ideal for when I have time off from football. I really enjoyed training at the Birmingham training centre mostly because of the hotel an food!!

Cons

You get absolutely no training on the pie machine which doesn't make sense! This maes you really on your colleagues alot

Advice to Management

INCLUDE TRAINING ON THE PIE MACHINE AS TTHIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO MAKE TRANSACTIONS

7. Sale consultant

I worked at Carphone Warehouse

Pros

Well I came from phones when we all went redundant & since phones 4u I have to say that I really don't enjoy at Carphone the whole organisations & systems are very dull compare to where I came from. Infect I can't remember a day at Carphone so far that my day can go smoothly &they only treat staff like students& only managers, assistant managers are on full time contract& salary& consultants are on hourly& part time contracts of 15 hours but they do give you more hours which is annoying when you do take holiday or you work on bank holidays and boxing days they don't have to give you extra holiday or lue days only to managers! They don't want to spent money on their system to get up to date& they have a very long hours& you stand on your feet all day from 8.30 to 6! Customer experience is poor because you can't welcome them to take a sit in relations to their constant system issues or pin and chips or pin point or wifi is down etc you constantly stressing &customers are also on their feet as phones 4u had a better customer experience and more efficient system operating& their IT side is very challenging & unhelpful! They don't have IVR or anything & makes it a lot difficult when it's comes to sorting things out! They don't demo& don't understand that is very important to make a best of the sale process &they managers are absolute shocking &un organised &don't know anything about people management or time managements & not even floor control!The uniform is very unprofessional &isn't class as a dress of success that we had in phones 4u as we always looked professional at clean. In my shop no one is doing morning briefs and once they did it & was wrong.There was no energy or fun to it and they so much to the book, which makes you uncomfortable with the team! I wish phones 4u stayed as I really miss it and it was a great time and great commission rewards as you don't get that at Carphone and one contract with the whole of stress makes 0.25 or 1.25 or sometimes nothing &the max is 7 which is very rare to get& its because their deals are every where &so unattractive because you don't have time to have fun with sale or playing your cards you can hide anything because it's all over&also the mystery shop is a joke you won't fount out who got %100 unless you fail it!!! It's just a joke & I'm so glad that I let! It's fine for people who wasn't to just work part time & go to uni until they finished &move on to their future jobs but progress in Carphone you must be a loser! Sorry but this is what the truth is &believe me every day at work I kept thinking when can I finish &go home &feeling sorry for my self.In phones 4u we all loved it &everyone was so close &Cpw team always bullied us when we were proud of it &joking about that's why we got wiped out! We did get wiped out but had nothing to do with how phones 4u cared about their staff.It's was loyalty and maybe you should go & read the news to find out why! They don't have a clue or anything but my god worse job ever in my life &every minutes of it was painful! Very proud that phones 4u made me to be a great sale person &I have to say best &fun job I ever had &was an absolute real pleasure to be part of that team &brand. Ps go get another job &don't waist your time waitressing it's much better than that!

Cons

They always have system issues... Always pie is down or pin and chip is down or pin point is down or their wifi' or delivery is missing... And annoying boy they robotic welcome to Carphone that every staff has to do and effects your confident because you making yourself silly to customers so they can't take you seriously because you in that ridiculous uniform and ridiculous constant repeating of hello welcome to Carphone and to be fair if it's quite isn't sound that bed but you can't be yourself because sale is about building trust and that moment of the truth isn't with the world of saying hello welcome to Carphone you have to be your own version rather than robotic... The ideas are a joke and so childish!

Advice to Management

Be creative, fun, have some time to do a monthly review I was there for 9 month and I received no monthly reviews or sole food, be organised and don't be greedy and encourage your team to help each other like when they customer comes in pot the sale on their name don't steal it! Make an strong team and stop being so petty with one minute here or there etc! Be cool and take control in friendly way! I could just go on but I think life is tough and you are old enough to figure it out because you treat people like the way you want to be treated. No one will ever care if the business doesn't care about their staff.

8. Once a fansastic company

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse full-time

Pros

Once this was an amazing company to work for, one which cared for its people and customers.

Cons

Now it is focused on short term business goals, bullying is wide spread though the management and board, insurance sales have been non compliant for a long time, with high pressure on those not selling enough, career goals are un clear for part time staff,

Advice to Management

Once we had the five fundamental rules which the business was built on, now these mean nothing. It's to late for some staff but maybe you will wake up to the hard core bullying culture and treat staff and customers with respect again.

Daily torture

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pension, share save, front line staff, holiday allowance. Need 20 words. Which is awkward, er, is that twenty yet, damn, nineteen. Twenty!

Cons

Everything else. Bullying culture, weak HR, awful reward process, 90% of stores missing 'target' despite year on year growth, even all of the best stores on region. Bullying is rife. Truly abysmal regional managers and territory managers. Will be leaving under duress soon. No breaks long days, no thanks. Pressure to achieve the unachievable. Negatively affected my health working for this company after many years making them tonnes of money. Death by email, change of direction, new strategies by egotistical dimwits implemented almost weekly, no clear direction, constant state of confusion misdirection, very unclear performance management process, resulting in increased stress as an official capability or conduct review could land on your doorstep any day. Staffing levels are poor, hence the queues in store and the irate customers that just want to be served. Will negatively affect your health.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the front line, they work harder than anyone and get little in the way of pay, reward, breaks, recognition or even appreciation or respect.

10. Carphone

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse (Less than a year)

Pros

Good wage, fun place to work

Cons

The targets and constant training

11. carphone warhorse currys purely way

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse part-time

Pros

you get discount on monthly contracts

Cons

your phone will not stop ring even on days off

RSS Feed </> Embed