www.carrworkplaces.com

3.2

Angie O'Grady

Client Services Manager

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Open line of communication with upper management. A lot of exposure to different businesses that take occupancy in the offices. Quarterly and annual bonuses. Planning and attending monthly events for clients.

Cons

Company does not hesitate to load more responsibilities on your plate without making sure employee will be able to handle the addition. Only 3-4 employees per center, so the team on site has a lot more responsibility than is written in job description (This can be good for experience, but overwhelming at times). Minimum room for growth without moving to corporate office. Long hours 8am - 6pm.

I worked at Carr Workplaces

Pros

Allows team members to experience many aspects of business - sales, marketing, operations, accounting.

Cons

By wearing lots of hats, many times there is not enough time in the day to get everything done.

Remember, without great team members, you can't be a success.

Good company, great peers!

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Carr Workplaces full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneur mentality is awarded here, you run your own center if you are a GM, or as a CSA/CSM you are still a 'leader' and entrusted with responsibility. Gorgeous work environments in most cities/locations, great clients in most cities/locations (as far as I can tell), and great peers who all collaborate and share ideas. Good financial rewards for strong performance. The President of the company is wonderful, but no longer has influence over the centers which is a huge loss to all! Fantastic events.

Cons

Regionals are supportive and want you to succeed, but the Senior Executives can't seem to agree on one thing and stick to it. Recent Executive changes have left us banging our heads against a wall, and we've gone through 3 HR reps. The CFO talks down to everyone, and her communication style isn't in line with the 'stated' values of the company. If you don't work in the DCM area, you rarely see upper management, which leaves a feeling of disconnect that isn't fixed with an occasional visit.

Get consistency in communication systems and technology between all centers. Make centers answer their own calls. Hold Execs to the same standards as all of us. If we talked to clients the way they sometimes talk to us, we'd all be fired. Move a leadership position to the west.

Great starting career company

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exposure to many different avenues of the corporate world. Ability to connect with many different companies and industries within the offices. Youthful company, great for first entry level employees coming right out of college. Health benefits, 401K matching, and PTO were great benefits.

Cons

The entire executive staff held meetings all the time and didn't really take much action. When they did take action, they did not work through the problems before implementing these changes through out the entire company. The company was very inconsistent in regards to the services they offered which created havoc in billing and communication with customers. Pay for the work you do is mediocre. The company didn't believe in education reimbursement as they thought they could provide all the education you need. Was told by Director of HR there isn't any education out there that would benefit the current position. This leads me to say their lack of education and guidance didn't allow for many people to grow within the company. Overall, I give this company a 3.

Great Learning Experience

I have been working at Carr Workplaces

Pros

Work with great people. Exposure to a lot of different types of companies/industries and opportunities to network.

Cons

Growth is a hard if you're not wanting to move up the ladder the way that it is structured- doesn't value people strengths in terms of where they should go next, just how it is.

People come and go really fast

Current Employee - Client Services Associate in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Associate in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Carr Workplaces full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You never have to work over time and the office environment is diverse and fun

Cons

Lack of strong leadership, and transparency.

Be honest with your employees about the growth trajectory and don't make false promises.

An Amazing place to Work!

I have been working at Carr Workplaces full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic and ever evolving environment where employee input is encouraged and valued. New management team in place at the top is really moving things forward and working hard to ensure that the business consistently grows and expands and that the employees are part of that process the entire way! You will not be bored and you are encouraged to pave your path!

Cons

Service is our brand and at the core of all we do! You must be absolutely committed to providing the highest levels of customer service daily! If you are not someone who truly loves dealing with people then this is not the company for you.

Continue seeking feedback and input from the employees! Excited at where this is headed!

Peasant, Slave, or Assistant?

Former Employee - Client Services Associate II in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Associate II in Irvine, CA

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free coffee and paid vacations. (even Columbus Day!)

If you enjoy being a fake person, and will step on anyone to be a step ahead in the company this job is perfect for you. But if you're even remotely "creative" or "California exposed" this job is probably not the best for you, being that corporate is very "black & white" and "conservative" because after all, they are stationed in DC.

If you can handle your alcohol and still be professional, this might be a good fit.

Cons

( May Vary with different GM)

- OVER-WORKED, UNDER-PAID, AND DISRESPECTED!
    - Constantly feeling disrespected by your own management
    - Constantly being criticized by your own management
    - Over worked and being taken for granted of, again, by your own management
    - Management will invite you to bring new ideas to the table and just deny every single one
    - Management will invite you to make casual conversation and when you do, they will accuse you of being unprofessional
    - Management will treat you like their personal peasant and threaten to show you your job description
    - Management will offer to help out and then just decide not to show up to work (without PTO)
    - Management will always be too busy to help you and just suggest you ask someone else in the company and figure it out
    - Management will always feel like they're way above your position to ever answer a phone call (God Forbid)
    - Management will take credit for everything you do (that's impressive atleast)
    - Management will enforce you to put on a "Happy Family" image (unaware that most families are dysfunctional)
    - Management will GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING!

If you genuinely care about your job and the work you do, this job is not for you. You will constantly feel unappreciated, disrespected and over worked. But remember to never voice your opinion, EVEN IF YOUR GM ASKS YOU TOO! IT'S A TRAP! If you do decide to speak up, just be ready to be accused of being "immature", "unprofessional", and "disrespectful", oh and not to mention the incredibly rude remarks like "I'm not your emotional support" or "go home and complain about the job".... even if your GM asks for your feedback and opinion about the job.

If you like to be cool with your co-workers, this job is not for you. Everything in this company is a double standard. Your managers may ask you to talk about your personal life, and may even complain to your GM that you're "too private" and "too serious" if you don't converse with them as much as they would like you to, just don't be surprised if it shows up on your review that you need to "keep your personal life separate from work". Even if your manager constantly utilizes his/her company time to deal with family and friend situations outside of work and lets that effect their work ethic and attitude negatively, don't think it's acceptable for you to do the same. GM & RM will always be on a power trip.

If you start to feel unappreciated, disrespected and harassed, not only by the creepy male clients and management, that just means you're doing your job right. But don't expect anyone to change that.

Instead of focusing on ONLY money, try and communicate more with the CSAs and CSMs and recognize them for their good doing. A thank you can go a long way. And get more involved with the employees. Just because you coordinate an outing doesn't mean you're creating a great working environment. A lot of illegal things happen behind the scenes that corporate is unaware of and the center employees are too afraid to speak up. Unless you encourage an abusive work environment, then please, by all means, continue what you're doing.

The Benefits are the only benefit...

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits. Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay. An abundance of clients so ample room for networking.

Cons

Hmm.. where do I begin? If you enjoy being overworked and under-appreciated (not to mention underpaid), work for Carr Workplaces. If you like being thrown into projects with little to no guidance and then being reprimanded for not knowing what you're doing, therefore doing an "insufficient" job, then you would thoroughly enjoy working for this company. If you're someone who likes to exercise their right of freedom of speech, you probably shouldn't work here. However, if you're a thief & like to cheat and lie your way to the top, you probably should work here - upper management apparently highly encourages that sort of behavior. Oh, and if you like being threatened, this is the perfect job for you.

As for the clients, you'll get your handful that are actually pretty cool and easy to work with. The rest of them, however, will try to treat you as if you're their personal assistant/maid/slave. There's several flawed systems within the company - they constantly are switching to new platforms for billing and whatnot. This causes a great deal of chaos sometimes with your clients, because charges will randomly show up on their invoices that shouldn't be there & then YOU will get reprimanded for those charges even though it was a technical glitch in the system. And then forget about even trying to go to upper management to express these concerns about said platforms - those concerns will either get 100% ignored OR you'll get a condescendingly rude comment back essentially saying "How dare you? Figure it out."

Upper management, as with any company, can be difficult to deal with at times. There's definitely some micro-managers, as well as some good ole' power trips. Call me crazy, but I like for my hard work to be enough of a gauge for placement without having to brown-nose everyone I encounter that is above me. Don't get me wrong - they're not ALL bad, some of them are actually quite wonderful. But seriously, watch your back with the not-so-wonderful ones.

So, does this all sound like the job for you? Go apply now - I'm sure they have a job opening, considering there's a new employee almost every other week (high employee turnover is a good thing, right...?).

Appreciate your employees that deserve to be appreciated, recognize hard work and dedication when you see it, and in turn, maybe you'll receive that level of respect that you SO yearn for.

A job, but that's it..

Former Employee - Client Services Associate
    Former Employee - Client Services Associate

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are fairly regular, I would get in around 7:30 or 7:45 am and leave between 5:00 and 5:30 pm, so you have the time for a life outside of the office.

Cons

The location where I was working was brand new -- so, while the office itself was beautiful, it quickly deteriorated as Corporate, desperate to lease the space and cover costs, leased to the "wrong" tenants. They took advantage of the services and often stole (silverware from the kitchen, soap dispensers from the restrooms, newspapers & magazines out of the lounge area, etc.) and treated the space poorly. Most of my time, as a result, was spent functioning as a maid & janitor, limiting my ability to provide high-end client services to the few other tenants in the space. I am 100% on-board with being in a customer service oriented role, but my time here was primarily spent doing damage control in an effort to ensure other tenants were working in a well-kept space rather than interacting with them in a personable or truly valuable way. I felt as though my job was not as described when hired or what I experienced in training, but this was largely due to my location & my GM, who honestly appeared to lack the motivation to change what was going on in our center.

Find a way to hold tenants responsible for losses -- if this means installing cameras, do it. It will make the lives of your CSAs and other center employees better & will ultimately save you money. I worked in customer service industries for years prior to joining this team & the fact that I couldn't make it more than 7 months should truly be an eye-opener as to how mistreated employees in this center felt as a result of the tenants at the time.

Carr Workplaces Photos

Two Carr Workplaces employees ready to assist our clients.

+ Add Photo