Carrabba's Italian Grill

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carrabba's Italian Grill President Steve Shlemon

Steve Shlemon

Pros:
  • "Great atmosphere, great customers, and best of all great food"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Flexible schedule, ability to make a decent wage, and supplies good quality food which makes the job that much easier"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "if the restaurant is slow, it's tough to make money"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

Server/Hostess (Former Employee)
    Lutz, FL

ProsThey treated their employees well within the restaurant. The culture was evident and the overall health and safety satisfaction was high.

ConsFor the resturant, they do not work lunch hours unless it is a holiday. It would be great for employees to have a chance to make money during that time of day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great food servers are great but the Managing partner isn't team member oriented!

Server (Former Employee)
    Orange Park, FL

ProsLarge night tip range from 80 to 150 per night holidays about 200 per night. You get ton of training material to help educated your guests.

ConsThe downside is management stateing how important team work is and they themselves do not Patrice team work! I have found that the two top manager show favoritism which make for a divided team atmosphere. This particular Carrabbas is having parking lot issues that is having customers who park in the neighboring businesse being towed. This means as a server when you need a manager for a customer complaint he is outside for 20-25 minutes argueing with the tow truck and can not get the issue resolved. If you try to go to the expo manger he refuses to go to the table because he can't leave his post ,even if food is not being pushed yet into the window. The server who have worked there the longest seem to care very little about the dishwasher there. The servers only have to clear plates any put them in the dish pit in an organized stack. The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work. I find that expo mongers will often take dishes set to run with your meal and replace the customers with complaints food causing your entire order to fall behind effecting your tip. The manager will rarely take the food to the table even if they have nothing to do. Also as a server you do not get a single break. If you stop for a drink your chastised for "doing nothing" . I often closed and that means getting paid 4.65 per hour for 3 hours to clean the restaurant. If you try to get food you are chastised again even when you've worked a double. Another wrong is manager giving a free meal to the kitchen staff each night and we as servers were not even allowed to buy our own food! Also the manger would eat in front of you to make matters worse. It seems management puts servers on the bottom of the todom pole when we should have all been on the same page! Overall the pay is good if you are willing put stand the unteam friendly enviorment. Also I noticed serval servers who would throw thing in the server room out of anger for these conditions. Many to e they would punch walls throw trays or cruse loudly. Good luck and try to find a different location than Orange park fl carrabbas!

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach servers should not be starved . Teamwork is something you practice not just preach about. Dot just put on a show when your upper management co e to carrabbas. Remember these servers have families , health problems , and a soul. Treat the staff as you want to be treated! The customer will be happier when the staff are happier.

Underpaid and overworked

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery few...Namely free food. Very demanding career. You will stay in shape because you work without a break for over 8 hours at a time.

ConsWorking nights, weekends, holidays and average of 65 hour work weeks. Your hourly wage equals that of a retail or McDonalds associate. All the responsibility of the managing partner with less than half the pay and more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your management pay structure and hire additional managers to cut down on burn out and over working of management.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atmosphere and people were great. Just not the managers.

Server (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsIt was very family orientated. Everybody look after each other. and the cooks are the best! Just a great place.

ConsThe managers(sorry) The owner was a sentimental douche bag.(still a good person) but the other 2 were just not professional enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take your employees for granted.

Carrabba's

Hostess (Former Employee)
    Merritt Island, FL

ProsMy proprietor Jim Pinter was very fair and the best manager I've had. We were pretty busy so the money was good.

ConsI cant think of any cons

It was an overall good experience.

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
    Nottingham, MD

ProsFlexibility / Benefits (insurance) / Shared Discounts at other restaurants. It was my first time as a server and I was able to learn - bartending/key/expediting.

ConsNot many. Some bad clientelle, and rigid management at times.

A Great company to grow with.

Proprietor (Current Employee)
    Fredericksburg, VA

ProsGreat training, pay, product and people

ConsMale dominant workplace - not always consistent on policies

Its fun

Host Carside (Current Employee)

Prosthe people are cool that i work with

Consneeds remodel its so old and ugly

No longer trust mid-upper management

Managing Partner (Former Employee)

ProsGood food, good concept, great ability for hourly employee advancement. The founders are outstanding, their attention to taking care of people built a great company

ConsThe ability to control our own destiny has completely gone away. The things that Managing Partners did to build their businesses in the past have slowly been taken away from them.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the Principal and Beliefs yourselves

It is what it is.

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsDecent employer, clientel. Gets busy quick, people tip well, people work together. Good discount.

ConsIt's a restaurant... Can't make enough to live a decent life, dead-end, dirty, redundant.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize most of staff doesn't want to make this a career.

Worked for Carrabba's Italian Grill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carrabba's Italian Grill reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carrabba's Italian Grill CEO Steve Shlemon. All 135 reviews posted anonymously by Carrabba's Italian Grill employees.