Carrabba's Italian Grill

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carrabba's Italian Grill President Steve Shlemon

Steve Shlemon

Pros
  • Great atmosphere, great customers, and best of all great food(in 12 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, ability to make a decent wage, and supplies good quality food which makes the job that much easier(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • if the restaurant is slow, it's tough to make money(in 5 reviews)

• The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work(in 5 reviews)

Life of a Server

ProsFlexible schedule, ability to make a decent wage, and supplies good quality food which makes the job that much easier

Conslate nights and weekends must be worked in order to make a livable bank. The ceiling is low unless you enter management, but that is to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe amount of coupons and deals being offered now are constantly being introduced, with many of the special offers over lapping. It may be helping from the corporate standpoint, but by numbing the essence of Carrabba's the company is slowly losing its stature and draining the pockets of the hourly front of the house staff.

Very corporate

Server (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsGood opportunity to make money, perfect for school

ConsThe company is very corporate (policies are set/changed by people who are rarely in the actual restaurants, and therefore have no idea if they are practical - and they rarely are). Management is rarely helpful. Serving is somewhat stressful anywhere, but at Carrabba's there seems to be more 'stuff' you need to do for each table.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employee's more! Find a way to override idiotic policies from corporate! Do things to make the stressful environment more fun (e.g. contests)

Great food servers are great but the Managing partner isn't team member oriented!

Server (Former Employee) Orange Park, FL

ProsLarge night tip range from 80 to 150 per night holidays about 200 per night. You get ton of training material to help educated your guests.

ConsThe downside is management stateing how important team work is and they themselves do not Patrice team work! I have found that the two top manager show favoritism which make for a divided team atmosphere. This particular Carrabbas is having parking lot issues that is having customers who park in the neighboring businesse being towed. This means as a server when you need a manager for a customer complaint he is outside for 20-25 minutes argueing with the tow truck and can not get the issue resolved. If you try to go to the expo manger he refuses to go to the table because he can't leave his post ,even if food is not being pushed yet into the window. The server who have worked there the longest seem to care very little about the dishwasher there. The servers only have to clear plates any put them in the dish pit in an organized stack. The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work. I find that expo mongers will often take dishes set to run with your meal and replace the customers with complaints food causing your entire order to fall behind effecting your tip. The manager will rarely take the food to the table even if they have nothing to do. Also as a server you do not get a single break. If you stop for a drink your chastised for "doing nothing" . I often closed and that means getting paid 4.65 per hour for 3 hours to clean the restaurant. If you try to get food you are chastised again even when you've worked a double. Another wrong is manager giving a free meal to the kitchen staff each night and we as servers were not even allowed to buy our own food! Also the manger would eat in front of you to make matters worse. It seems management puts servers on the bottom of the todom pole when we should have all been on the same page! Overall the pay is good if you are willing put stand the unteam friendly enviorment. Also I noticed serval servers who would throw thing in the server room out of anger for these conditions. Many to e they would punch walls throw trays or cruse loudly. Good luck and try to find a different location than Orange park fl carrabbas!

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach servers should not be starved . Teamwork is something you practice not just preach about. Dot just put on a show when your upper management co e to carrabbas. Remember these servers have families , health problems , and a soul. Treat the staff as you want to be treated! The customer will be happier when the staff are happier.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Server (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsReally a great company culture. Management sticks to morals and pay is decent. Great job for a college student.

ConsNo cons. It's still a restaurant, but it's a great work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay classy

Great Company

Server/Hostess (Former Employee) Lutz, FL

ProsThey treated their employees well within the restaurant. The culture was evident and the overall health and safety satisfaction was high.

ConsFor the resturant, they do not work lunch hours unless it is a holiday. It would be great for employees to have a chance to make money during that time of day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Carrabba's

Hostess (Former Employee) Merritt Island, FL

ProsMy proprietor Jim Pinter was very fair and the best manager I've had. We were pretty busy so the money was good.

ConsI cant think of any cons

It was an overall good experience.

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) Nottingham, MD

ProsFlexibility / Benefits (insurance) / Shared Discounts at other restaurants. It was my first time as a server and I was able to learn - bartending/key/expediting.

ConsNot many. Some bad clientelle, and rigid management at times.

A Great company to grow with.

Proprietor (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

ProsGreat training, pay, product and people

ConsMale dominant workplace - not always consistent on policies

Underpaid and overworked

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery few...Namely free food. Very demanding career. You will stay in shape because you work without a break for over 8 hours at a time.

ConsWorking nights, weekends, holidays and average of 65 hour work weeks. Your hourly wage equals that of a retail or McDonalds associate. All the responsibility of the managing partner with less than half the pay and more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your management pay structure and hire additional managers to cut down on burn out and over working of management.

Atmosphere and people were great. Just not the managers.

Server (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt was very family orientated. Everybody look after each other. and the cooks are the best! Just a great place.

ConsThe managers(sorry) The owner was a sentimental douche bag.(still a good person) but the other 2 were just not professional enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take your employees for granted.

Worked for Carrabba's Italian Grill? Contribute to the Community!