Carrabba's Italian Grill Reviews

• Houston, TX Area
4.5
Carrabba's Italian Grill CEO David Pace
David Pace

1. Incredible place to work and grow personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, progressive, inclusive, caring atmosphere. Great upper management and easy to advance if you work hard.

Cons

Some restructuring at the corporate level sometimes leaves regions without supervision for 2-3 month periods.

Advice to Management

Overall, incredible company, with solid principles and beliefs. Great support, and truly an amazing company.

2. Good people, fun environment for most part, management ranges from ok to good. Customers are mostly nice happy people

Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once you're up and running the money can be very good, training is quick and easy. The employees are fun to work with for the most part, and management is flexible and generally helpful.

Cons

Starting off with 2 table sections is irritating, and there are sections in the restaurant that are clearly much worse than others and some employees get suck in those sections for weeks while newer, less experienced employees get better sections, this is a constant problem that made me question wanting to continue working there many times, but once management knew about the problem it was fixed for the most part. However a few other employees who never spoke up about it still get stuck in the bad sections frequently despite being great servers.

Advice to Management

Take care of the servers that have worked hard for you and always get their work done and make their customers happy. Giving them bad sections while brand new employees who have no idea what they are doing at first really lowers employee morale.

3. Great place to make money and have fun while doing so

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love meeting new people and establishing "regular" guests within the restaurant. With the help of management, cooks, and those at the host stand, a server is very likely to be successful with a little effort. I remember many occasions where I felt my tips should have gone straight to the kitchen or those in management. They are always there for questions and understanding of first-time mistakes.

Cons

As far as running a business goes, I completely understand Increasing the amount of servers on the floor provided that each server can satisfy the needs of their tables, however there were a few times where a "two table section" did not satisfy my wallet. With time servers are rewarded more tables and trust. Carrabbas has recently began to serve lunch and I have personally handled up to five tables. There are always alternatives to the "two table section", but it takes time and the only thing to speed this up is becoming a better server.

Advice to Management

Although I have seen it a few times, reward driven, friendly, competitions within the workplace provide(d) motivation to the server and can really change attitudes after a long week of work. I realize showing up to work, offering great service, and coming home with a lot of tips is often satisfying, however providing an increase in contests and competitions makes the job that more fun.

Go Work here for a serving Job, Not for a career in management if you want to advance fast.

Current Employee - Server in Webster, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Webster, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open Honest, fun, Laid back workplace, with great Clientele , management, coworkers.

Cons

Not enough A/C in the back of the house for the servers and prep-cooks during the summer Was a big problem at the location I worked at. Truthfully, the major problems I saw there were that management would not get paid nearly enough and that there was not a huge opportunity for advancement once you became a regular manager. NO matter how good you were. That might be different now since the Economy is getting better. Additionally the company was not investing in new technologies related to the POS and Ticket systems.

Advice to Management

Fallow the Model that the former GP Daniel Costello used to manage his Webster Location and you cannot go anywhere but UP!

6. Fair company

Former Employee - Busser in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Busser in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy enough. Standard restaurant work. Okay pay for a busser. Servers make the real money.

I did like the shared tips.

Cons

As I was the only English speaking busser, communication could be difficult at times between the other bussers.

7. The staff and regulars made working there exceptional.

Former Employee - Key Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Key Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is easy to move up career wise and the staff and customers are great.

Cons

Management changed a lot. One manager fired at least 15 employees in the first month he started there. He was a new manager and seemed to be unprofessional in how he handles situations. The store proprietor didn't seem to be able to stand up to him. Although I wasn't one of the employees fired, working there with this management I felt I had no job security. It made for an unhappy work environment. Also, I never received my work schedule until last minuet, which made it impossible to plan anything outside of work.

8. Fun and Stressful

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill

Pros

Managers are nice. Food is great. Employees get 50% off meals. Will make money IF working the right shift. Can be promoted to key manager. KEEP YOUR TIPS

Cons

Must work alot of hours. Earn tips only. Hard to get a shift covered. WIll not make money if the restauraunt is slow.

9. Great Job!

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill

Pros

Pay is good compared to any other job I've ever had
    Time off is easy to schedule because of hotschedules
    Hours are awesome; only open nights

Cons

I can't really think of any cons, if nobody can work for you then you're screwed because everyone is responsible for a section.

Advice to Management

The management is good enough, I dont think that there is really all that much that I would need to say for them to improve

Carrabba's Italian Grill Photos