Carrabba's Italian Grill

Updated October 23, 2014
3.4

Carrabba's Italian Grill President Steve Shlemon
Steve Shlemon

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, ability to make a decent wage, and supplies good quality food which makes the job that much easier (in 13 reviews)

• Great atmosphere, great customers, and best of all great food (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It would be great for employees to have a chance to make money during that time of day (in 5 reviews)

• The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Carrabbas was an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Server in Henrietta, NY
    Current Employee - Server in Henrietta, NY

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management was friendly and supportive. The food is excellent which makes for an easy sell. Made so many great friends that I still talk to five years later.

Cons

You have to wear a stuffy uniform (Shirt, tie, apron) but I guess that goes for a lot of places.

Great job

Current Employee - Server in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Server in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can deal with customers as you see fit.

Cons

Management can get in your back quickly for not doing everything all the time.

Relax or have more people working per shift.

Great money

Current Employee - Server in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast money flexible fun constant

Cons

now trying to expand clientele using cupons so cheaper people are coming in looking for value

Good experience

Former Employee - Server in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn about with.e
    Cash
    Flexible job for students

Cons

Sometimes hard to get the holidays off when you want to go home for college break.

Main management was fine

good for a serving job

Current Employee - Server in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, tips are good most of the time, good clientele for the most part, good food

Cons

can be very slow depending on your location, three table sections, coupons and amore mondays can lower tips, customers that complain enough will get comps from the manager and tip poorly.

stick with something that works, changing the menu with all of the LTO's confuses customers and also causes issues and leads to complaints. don't hand out comps and give stuff away to customers all of the time as they will take advantage of you and not tip the servers appropriately.

Fast paced working enviornment.

Current Employee - Key Employee in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Key Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you're looking for something to do and have good multitasking skills this job can be for you. Pay will show as long as you're willing to work and go the extra mile

Cons

Some days are good. Some days are bad.

Management goes through extensive training.

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The food is great, and the people that work with you are even better.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time

Carrabba's, a fun place to work

Former Employee - Server in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Tampa, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Carrabba's for just over three years. I advanced quickly and was respected. Great company to work with. Very flexible hours, easy advancement and management was awesome. Another good aspect to point out is that if you want to advance to management and put forth the effort they will back you up 100%.

Cons

The only thing that was a con so to speak was the level of sucking up to customers even if they are totally in the wrong.
    Also management often rotated, so the manager you began with might not be the manager you end up with.

Always give positive feedback to employees.

Bartender, Server and Key Employee

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Scheduling and ability to get time off when needed. Cash in hand business

Cons

Corporate chain that cares more about their bottom line then anything else, employee moral and money making is not a concern or theirs. It is a Dog eat dog business you have to look out for yourself. Must work holidays and weekends with little regard to what may be going on in your personal life.

unfortunately following in the footsteps of all the other "corporate" restaurants

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, I had the opportunity to work with a few that know what Carrabba's was & should still be & that made me stay as long as I did. While our store management had their flaws, which I blame corporate for most of the flaws, I did enjoy working with most of them.

Cons

Corporate makes too many changes, most with little direction or explanation. This only added to the already stressed management which by nature trickles down the chain. Management faced with some unrealistic goals and no excuses accepted for failure to meet or "exceed" those goals. Not the same company I started working for and most of the people I worked with, from store mgmt, JVP, RVP, all the way up to the corporate level that had been there for a long time have "moved on to pursue other opportunities" code for they didn't like where the company was headed and quit! Corporate, the "new" corporate, is only worried about the bottom line, just like Olive Garden, Chili's, Macaroni Grill. Just get people through the door with coupons and specials and the money will pour in...NOT. This only brought in the customers who are looking for something for nothing, which now they usually get. Doesn't it say something when the founding owners, Johnny & Damien will have nothing to do with the corporate restaurants anymore. I guess it was good while it lasted. Carrabba's is no longer a stand out from all the rest.

this is pretty much a waste of time. Corporate is convinced that their way is the right way and there will be no other way. Hopefully they don't let Carrabba's get too far away from their original principals & beliefs that they can't go back. Afraid that might be too late.