Carrabba's Italian Grill

Updated September 18, 2014
3.4

Carrabba's Italian Grill President Steve Shlemon
Steve Shlemon

Pros
  • Great atmosphere, great customers, and best of all great food (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, ability to make a decent wage, and supplies good quality food which makes the job that much easier (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • if the restaurant is slow, it's tough to make money (in 5 reviews)

• The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Incredible place to work and grow personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, progressive, inclusive, caring atmosphere. Great upper management and easy to advance if you work hard.

Cons

Some restructuring at the corporate level sometimes leaves regions without supervision for 2-3 month periods.

Overall, incredible company, with solid principles and beliefs. Great support, and truly an amazing company.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Server  in  Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Server in Portage, MI

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the atmosphere of this restaurant! Great management, staff, and company values. Happy with the new uniforms :)

Cons

Restaurant jobs are very fast paced - which means you can tire out easily!

Excellent culture and management at this store location.

Former Employee - Server  in  Sandestin, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Sandestin, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management cares about the success of the restaurant and team member needs.

Cons

Team Members not always Team Players.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best things to ever happen to me!

Current Employee - Server/Bartender
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, half off employee food, twenty-five percent off blooming brands restaurants. If you are driven and outgoing you have the opportunity to advance very quickly. If you are trusted the company will let you work almost any position that you want to learn. If you work the average of 32 hours for 6 months after being there for a year you obtain a paid vacation. The company makes it very easy to relocate if want to also if you leave the company then it is easy to come back.

Cons

Depending on position it makes it harder to get off at the last minute. It is a socially driven job meaning that if you are not sociable then you are less likely to advance in the company. Every location is different and you can not apply these pros or cons to every store. I have heard horror stories from some stores and praises from other stores.

The corporate offices should try to ensure that their managers follow company policies more properly. Most managers and partners are appropriate but some of the managers sexually harass the employees and make inappropriate gestures.

Great place to make money and have fun while doing so

Current Employee - Server  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love meeting new people and establishing "regular" guests within the restaurant. With the help of management, cooks, and those at the host stand, a server is very likely to be successful with a little effort. I remember many occasions where I felt my tips should have gone straight to the kitchen or those in management. They are always there for questions and understanding of first-time mistakes.

Cons

As far as running a business goes, I completely understand Increasing the amount of servers on the floor provided that each server can satisfy the needs of their tables, however there were a few times where a "two table section" did not satisfy my wallet. With time servers are rewarded more tables and trust. Carrabbas has recently began to serve lunch and I have personally handled up to five tables. There are always alternatives to the "two table section", but it takes time and the only thing to speed this up is becoming a better server.

Although I have seen it a few times, reward driven, friendly, competitions within the workplace provide(d) motivation to the server and can really change attitudes after a long week of work. I realize showing up to work, offering great service, and coming home with a lot of tips is often satisfying, however providing an increase in contests and competitions makes the job that more fun.

Great restaurant to work!

Former Employee - Server  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Server in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great food! The Carrabba family's culture is preserved, which creates high standards. Dedicated managing partner and an upbeat staff. Good growth opportunities. Good benefits. Allowed to transfer to other locations, which is very helpful if relocating.

Cons

If you work on the patio during summer, the uniforms are very hot! A sweaty server could be unappealing to guests.

Keep up the good work.

great experience

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

I don't have anything negative about my time

Solid server training, probably the best in this restaurant bracket. Great company, work hard and you'll be rewarded.

Current Employee - Server/Bartender  in  DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in DFW, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

The menu is a little expensive so you get high income customers, this is great if you are a waiter or bartender.

Cons

Its a restaurant so you have good days and bad day.

great place to eat or work

Current Employee - Sever  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Sever in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

great managing partner Dave Mayfield

Cons

can get slow over summer working on the patio

make the sections fair and have a schedule of who was in what section when.

LOVE!

Former Employee - Server  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great management and team! If you're determined to move up, don't give up. Keep inquiring about it everyday if you must.

Cons

Industry sucks you in and its hard to get out of getting immediate rewards for your hard work.

Keep it up!!!!

Worked for Carrabba's Italian Grill? Contribute to the Community!