Carrabba's Italian Grill

Updated August 18, 2014

3.5

Carrabba's Italian Grill President Steve Shlemon
Steve Shlemon

Pros
  • Great atmosphere, great customers, and best of all great food (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, ability to make a decent wage, and supplies good quality food which makes the job that much easier (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • if the restaurant is slow, it's tough to make money (in 5 reviews)

• The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Server  in  Brooksville, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Brooksville, FL

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly environment. Love the change up on the menus every couple months. the whole atmosphere and decor of the restaurant.

Cons

It's a bit tough trying to keep up with all the extra stuff that needs to done while serving. From making sure your sidework is constantly up to par to running food to busing your own tables.

Carrabba's is generally a good environment but your experience will depend on the manager.

Current Employee - Server  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hourly workers understand each other.
    Relaxed environment.
    No problems with chit-chat or being relaxed during slow times.
    Relatively up-scale restaurant means better tips.
    Flexible hours and vacation time.

Cons

Corporate seems to have issues with getting rid of bad managers. If a manager is willing to put in the money (i.e. become proprietor), corporate is essentially powerless to change their actions, even when they are unethical or illegal.

BAD COMPANY TO BE A KITCHEN MANAGER

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

you get a comp card but the catch it still makes your bonus lower, paid vacation, oh the catch you use AKM and you use up too many hours your bonus even lower, no real pro's here.

Cons

Everything effects your TCI bonus, which is actually 30% of what they promise you, for example you are told you will make 37,000 they will give you a base pay of $30,000 and you have to earn then rest, they call it TCI bonus not for sure where the bonus part comes from because they makes sure you don't make over or close to what they promise, and be prepared to work your butt off everyday all day to save labor, 50-55 hours a week, no way more like 65 or more.

stop cheating the hardest working Managers out of there TCI, why pretend your going to fix something when we all know the only thing that matter is rising the stock prices, but once we .... off customers enough we will end up empty like mac grill company is heading toward failing and principals and belief and quality of life where and how no body cares enough or get paid enough so this is somrthing to think about short change the ones that matter you fail in the end.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Your experience at work all depends on your managers and proprieter

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Hostess in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible hours, energetic enviroment, great for college students

Cons

Management can be condesending at times. There is usually more negative feedback than positive about the work done.

The pay was worth the amount of work. The management was terrible.

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Bartender in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

The amount that you make per hour is definitely worth it. Also, for the amount of money you make, there is very little side work. The customers relationships are also very fulfilling

Cons

The management was beyond terrible. They created such a negative atmosphere in the workplace. Almost every employee was unhappy.

USE POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT! Don't just highlight every negative thing that is happening. If your employees are happy, they will be MUCH more productive for you!

great experience

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

I don't have anything negative about my time

Solid server training, probably the best in this restaurant bracket. Great company, work hard and you'll be rewarded.

Current Employee - Server/Bartender  in  DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in DFW, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

The menu is a little expensive so you get high income customers, this is great if you are a waiter or bartender.

Cons

Its a restaurant so you have good days and bad day.

great place to eat or work

Current Employee - Sever  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Sever in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

great managing partner Dave Mayfield

Cons

can get slow over summer working on the patio

make the sections fair and have a schedule of who was in what section when.

Great, easy to pick up on

Current Employee - Server  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

Scheduling flexibility, room to progress

Cons

if the restaurant is slow, it's tough to make money

stop scheduling so many people on slow days

Great food, terrible corporate feel.

Current Employee - Server/Bartender  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

The food is amazing and the commitment to quality is excellent. All of my team members are like my family and the service is consistent.

Cons

The corporation has their hand in EVERYTHING. "Anything goes" is ridiculously taken advantage of by customers and the clientele includes people who can't afford to eat at a real nice restaurant but don't want to go to Red Lobster.

Trust your employees and give them free reign once in a while. Back up your employees when the customer is being ridiculous and out of line, instead of giving the customer free food.

Worked for Carrabba's Italian Grill? Contribute to the Community!