Carrier Enterprise

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Bartro

Good with the not so good

ProsThe people are very friendly & most are helpful to all who ask. There are lots of career employees which leads to a wealth of experience & many ways to do things.

ConsThe culture seems to be tough. Much more likely to beat an employee down & ask questions later. Internal training for new & current employees is limited or none, which doesn't lend to internal upward promotion. Since there are lots of long-term/career employees, there is a resistance to change of any kind.

A employment filled with bad culture, low pay, high work load and low career opportunities.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGain experience in the work force, vacation days, and good co-workers. Has a 401K plan as well as company stock options you can purchase at a 5% discount.

ConsI worked as an employee of CE for over 5 years. This is by far one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. The culture of the company is so poor and down that it is genuinely pathetic. I have been hired by a similar company at a higher level and it is night and day between the company as far as "happiness" is concerned. I can almost guarantee that no one has received a raise in over 5 years, apart from management. CE consistently tries to use their "bonus" system as a way to keep employees happy instead of giving raises. However it's never based on the individual employees performance but rather the "numbers" and sales that the company does. Most times it is out of your control, unless you are a salesman. You will be required to work on weekends during the summer, something that is likely not to be told to you until you start working. There are also a ton of middle management and depending on what's important that day that is your priority, there is no consistent goal to accomplish everyday. I liked the people I worked with which is the only reason I stayed as long as I did and as I said the benefits of vacation. You will also be required to work either the day before or the day after holidays, you do not get those days off. The medical benefits are HORRIBLE please look into those benefits before you sign up to work for this company, depending on what salary you're asking for it may cost you in the long run as CE has a VERY high deductible medical plan. Overall I don't wan this to sound like a rant or "hate" post towards CE as I learned valuable lessons about business and gaining work experience as well as working with some good co-workers. I will say although it is small you do have the opportunity to advance further in your career but just don't go in with the mindset that it will happen or you will see promotions all the time. I know people who spent 10 yrs in the same place and other who were promoted in 5 yrs (this is extremely rare).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more opportunities to advance in their respective careers, increase your pay and work to better the moral of the culture. Most people who work for CE really really really dislike the company, so imagine how much more success you could have if you worked to increase the moral and better the company culture!

Certainly not the beliefs America was founded on

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) Winchester, VA

ProsIf you don't mind working as a temp for a year making low wages, then you might get lucky enough to get hired as long as you can beat out the other temps in the competition for only a few open positions, then you might get an average wage.

ConsLower and middle management spend all their time texting their girlfriends and not working which causes work to build up on the warehouse workers who already are overworked. Osha and labor laws don't apply at carrier enterprise, the forklifts leak propane, the dock plates are broken and on and on and on, breaks go like this- you work 15 hours and you get a 1/2 hour lunch, that's it! They only employee about 1/2 the amount of people that they actually need to do the work. The overworked exhausted employees are constantly receiving and I quote constructive criticism and write ups if something gets damaged, the fact that the forks are bent on the forklifts apparently isn't at fault for damage. Most of the coworkers were really awesome people working their butts off for their families, but their was one aka grumpy that was allowed to spend his miserable life making everyone else miserable, He spent his time trying to get promoted by making other people look bad and taking credit for other peoples work, what's strange is that he made more mistakes than anyone else even though he had been their longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should watch the tapes from the cameras when they visit warehouse locations so that they can see what goes on, They should also check the forklifts themselves because they are very unsafe. Senior management and the warehouse workers encompass about 1/2 of the employees and this is the 1/2 that actually work, the other 1/2 of the employees are lower and middle management just get paid for nothing, they don't work not even a little.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing positive to say about this group. On a downward spiral for years now.

ConsWhat was once a great company is now being run by dishonest, unethical managers making decisions that sway for their personal benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bad apples. Honest communication with the front line. Stop discriminating.

Overall not a bad job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood insurance and decent pay.

ConsThe customer service team is treated like the bottom of the barrel. The stores talk down about them and it makes doing your job very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on developing a centralized note sharing system. It would make dealing with ongoing issues much easier.

Good ole boys

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsMarket Penetration, Good Product,
    Talented People

ConsHard work and talent only gets u noticed if you spend most of your day with you manager/higher up. And getting a raise is near impossible. Watsco at it's finest! Management only care about you hitting numbers and doing whatever you can to beg for business with little or no reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare some of that 11 BILLION profit with the people that got it for you.

Learned a lot, but was glad to start my own company and move on.

Regional Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are many very talented, friendly people working for CE. They are much better than this company deserves.

ConsThe benefits are horrible. Ever since Watsco took over the company, our benefits have declined. They limited our paid holidays from 11 days to 5 days. The pension plan we had with UTC was closed and our 401K plan under Watsco was limited. They also limited purchased vacation time down from two weeks to one week.

No pay raises have been given since 2009. I was on the manager salary bonus plan which under UTC meant an extra $30K per year. Under Watsco, they changed it to the salary employee plan and it became a percentage of your salary based on company performance. When you do not get any raises to your base salary, this meant you could never get above a fixed amount even when getting the full bonus benefit (about $8K per year).

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the benefits package. If you cannot give raises, then you need something to keep good employees at this company.

Unprofessional Work Environment, No Raises, Be Happy you have a job mentality

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsHonestly hard to think of any, I guess you can say a pro is you have a job

ConsUnprofessional work place, no raises, benefits are horrible, HR confidential info leaks out. Certain individuals slander others, use foul language and are deemed untouchable. This creates a very hostile work environment. No company I have ever been affiliated with would allow this behavior, yet carrier condones it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to revamp your whole company from top to bottom

if your on there good side.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, vacation, and sick time, personal.

Consyou are never recognized not unless you are in good with the boss. If you are different and haven't been there for years you are treated like c. Employees get abused by other employees and the managements see it and thinks it's funny. This place has no respect for genders at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers have no social skills and feels like its OK to talk down to people. Please learn how to express you self with showing favoritism.

Great Company gives you a chance to move up

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

Prosif you show your willing to work and some ambition you can move up in this company.

ConsLike most larger corporations it is slow to respond to immediate needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to customer base and make it easier to do business with us.

Worked for Carrier Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!