Carrier Enterprise

John Bartro

Sucks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Always count on making your 40 hours

Cons

Management is horrible. No raises for years. Nothing gets done.

Replace management. Should take better care of your warehouse people. Sale's get all the attention.

Going downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Carrier Enterprise (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

No raises unless you are an executive or Headquarters who are not the money makers. Benefits more and more keep getting taken away. Horrible match for 401k and now they auto enroll employees into it. Losing way too much good talent because leadership won't listen

Start caring about the employees. Listen to the reason many long term employees are leaving. Company is losing good talent. Bring back David Myers

Struggle between the "Good Old Boy" ways of business to a "Corporate Standard" have many caught in the middle.

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and brand name recognition. This along with continued improvements to already existing technology produce industry leading innovating improvements.
    Many loyal staff members throughout the lower level the reporting structure.

Cons

Lack of, or nonexistent enforcement of policy results in extremely inconsistent standards. Many Managers are in a position that they are not qualified or lack training to fulfill.
    Some upper managers have been allowed to continue to abuse their staff even after the conduct has been reported to HR. Employees is pressured to not report problems to anyone outside CE. This includes the WATSCO Direct Line. What a joke.
    Worst training program for new hires I have ever seen. Far too much middle management on the sales side results in a sales heavy staff that is not held accountable for results.

Consistency!!! WATSCO needs to take a good look at the way things are being allowed to operate at ground level.
    The greatest asset of this company isn't the brands, it is the team that believes and hopes that things will get better.
    They need to be treated better and provided with the staffing and support they deserve.

Great bunch of individuals, but bad CEO and 2 stooges

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, OR
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, OR

I have been working at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Each of the region is run by true professionals. regional management and regional presidents are very talented and great bunch of individuals. But constant tinkering from Charlotte where CE HQ is located, makes the daily management stressful and totally takes the fun out of working for a great brand and great local management. Employees are treated like commodities. Several individuals have left the organization in past one year especially in HQ and in one of the largest regions. Add to that about 5 or 6 key finance managers and executives in last 8 months speaks of the culture.

Cons

Benefits are less than competitive in market place. Cost cutting is frequent. Salary increases are hard to come by. Targets are so stretched that bonus is a pipe dream.

Advise to Wasco and UTC who are JV partners - we do not need CE HQ .. or if it has to exist ... then the three has to change .. CEO/CFO and HR

Consider your other options...

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers and once a terrific team atmosphere existed.

Cons

Management... once the WATSCO group became involved it was all about the money. Each year the benefits were reduced and the compensation was reduced. This is now a very top-heavy company to say the least.

Prior to WATSCO this was a great organization. Many great workers have moved on and those that have not are waiting for the right opportunity.

Take care of your employees... Right now the job market is still in the employers favor, however this will change in due time.

WARNING STAY AWAY !!!!!!

Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only benifit of this company are the fellow employees at the branch level..Everything else is miserable!

Cons

Every aspect of the management is by far the worse I have ever experienced in my entire adult life of employment. I was hired right at the start of the summer season at a hub location in chesapeake va. Before I was hired they had fired everyone in the parts counter , warehouse, and even the branch manager! They hired me with 1 other counter person who had prior experience at the call center. My branch manager had 1 month more than I. The branch manager quit a month later and the running of the parts counter was left to just myself and the other counter guy..I received NO and I mean NO training at all. I was constantly harrassed with every mistake made with no real training to assist in correcting the issues. Than right when the busy season slowed and my 90 days neared I was informed that I was being let go due to my not meeting their expectations....I have alson been informed by management personel that my lack of knowledge about a particular procedure isnot an excuse for not following the policy!! This company has a terrible mindset, treats its employees terribly and is loosing business by the millions! Stay away if you are looking for long term enjoyable employment!!!!!

And if carrier enterprise reads this I want you to know that Bert Adams wrote this review..

Treat your employees better and actually TRAIN them and maybe you can actually find a life long employee! Because you had one in me!

Certainly not the beliefs America was founded on

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Winchester, VA

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you don't mind working as a temp for a year making low wages, then you might get lucky enough to get hired as long as you can beat out the other temps in the competition for only a few open positions, then you might get an average wage.

Cons

Lower and middle management spend all their time texting their girlfriends and not working which causes work to build up on the warehouse workers who already are overworked. Osha and labor laws don't apply at carrier enterprise, the forklifts leak propane, the dock plates are broken and on and on and on, breaks go like this- you work 15 hours and you get a 1/2 hour lunch, that's it! They only employee about 1/2 the amount of people that they actually need to do the work. The overworked exhausted employees are constantly receiving and I quote constructive criticism and write ups if something gets damaged, the fact that the forks are bent on the forklifts apparently isn't at fault for damage. Most of the coworkers were really awesome people working their butts off for their families, but their was one aka grumpy that was allowed to spend his miserable life making everyone else miserable, He spent his time trying to get promoted by making other people look bad and taking credit for other peoples work, what's strange is that he made more mistakes than anyone else even though he had been their longer.

Senior management should watch the tapes from the cameras when they visit warehouse locations so that they can see what goes on, They should also check the forklifts themselves because they are very unsafe. Senior management and the warehouse workers encompass about 1/2 of the employees and this is the 1/2 that actually work, the other 1/2 of the employees are lower and middle management just get paid for nothing, they don't work not even a little.

A employment filled with bad culture, low pay, high work load and low career opportunities.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gain experience in the work force, vacation days, and good co-workers. Has a 401K plan as well as company stock options you can purchase at a 5% discount.

Cons

I worked as an employee of CE for over 5 years. This is by far one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. The culture of the company is so poor and down that it is genuinely pathetic. I have been hired by a similar company at a higher level and it is night and day between the company as far as "happiness" is concerned. I can almost guarantee that no one has received a raise in over 5 years, apart from management. CE consistently tries to use their "bonus" system as a way to keep employees happy instead of giving raises. However it's never based on the individual employees performance but rather the "numbers" and sales that the company does. Most times it is out of your control, unless you are a salesman. You will be required to work on weekends during the summer, something that is likely not to be told to you until you start working. There are also a ton of middle management and depending on what's important that day that is your priority, there is no consistent goal to accomplish everyday. I liked the people I worked with which is the only reason I stayed as long as I did and as I said the benefits of vacation. You will also be required to work either the day before or the day after holidays, you do not get those days off. The medical benefits are HORRIBLE please look into those benefits before you sign up to work for this company, depending on what salary you're asking for it may cost you in the long run as CE has a VERY high deductible medical plan. Overall I don't wan this to sound like a rant or "hate" post towards CE as I learned valuable lessons about business and gaining work experience as well as working with some good co-workers. I will say although it is small you do have the opportunity to advance further in your career but just don't go in with the mindset that it will happen or you will see promotions all the time. I know people who spent 10 yrs in the same place and other who were promoted in 5 yrs (this is extremely rare).

Give people more opportunities to advance in their respective careers, increase your pay and work to better the moral of the culture. Most people who work for CE really really really dislike the company, so imagine how much more success you could have if you worked to increase the moral and better the company culture!

Manager

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this group. On a downward spiral for years now.

Cons

What was once a great company is now being run by dishonest, unethical managers making decisions that sway for their personal benefit.

Get rid of the bad apples. Honest communication with the front line. Stop discriminating.

Unprofessional Work Environment, No Raises, Be Happy you have a job mentality

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honestly hard to think of any, I guess you can say a pro is you have a job

Cons

Unprofessional work place, no raises, benefits are horrible, HR confidential info leaks out. Certain individuals slander others, use foul language and are deemed untouchable. This creates a very hostile work environment. No company I have ever been affiliated with would allow this behavior, yet carrier condones it.

You need to revamp your whole company from top to bottom