Carrington College

Carrington College Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Making mistakes is not the best way to learn and train.

ProsMost of the people I work with are nice and helpful. The students are the reason I do my job.

ConsThey have a significant lack of training individuals for their positions whether it's leadership, academic, etc. It is a learn as you go process which is very ineffective. There aren't any policies or procedures in place (or at least accessible) to help new employees. They seem to be profit and numbers driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a formal process to train new employees for every position.

Not the best company to work for and I have issues with their recruiting of students

ProsI don't have anything positive to say

ConsMicro management. Difficult to be creative while teaching students

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage. Let your team be creative to help their students

Great place to work

ProsHours, pay, good coworkers, easy work load

Consboring, repetitive, some supervisors are useless

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the supervisors to be leaders and not babysitters

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your career here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThere are no pros to working here.

ConsCarrington has the most horrendous management. There is no "working as a team" , although management will constantly inform you there is. They are either clueless or delusional. If you think this is my opinion, just ask any employee (just note: the employees are always aware of a "plant" by administration). Virtually everyone I know at Carrington hates this organization.
    The true goal is to get as many students into programs to increase revenue, no matter if the students will succeed.
    Also make note that the members of management have no educational background.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter. I know through experience, management will not take any advice. The staff is always left to be blamed, not management. Everyday is managed by chaos.

The Beatings Will Continue....

Enrollment Services Support (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood pay, good schedule, good benefits

ConsMicro management, favoritism, People in positions who have NO IDEA what they are doing.- all of the above does not give you the right to treat people like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back and realize the employees who have been there and what an asset they are. Quit letting the youngin's get away with murder.

Sadly, the school went steadily downhill during my time there

Enrollment Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe students were what made the job worth it and the people working in the staff positions were really great.

ConsManagement was terrible. They fostered a very negative environment and tried to motivate through fear. Often they promoted people who were the favorites of upper management regardless of their qualifications. It turned into a little club that was being woefully mismanaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your junior employees with a little more respect and stop trying to manage through fear. Bring back some of the excellent training programs from when you were Western Career College and stop promoting people based on favoritism.

Stay away from this emvironment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMy co-workers were very good at their jobs

ConsThis is probalby the worse management/admiistrative team I have ever come across. Essentially no education background but they are directing others at the school. I have witnessed seveal cases of bullying by management. This would make a good case study for graduate students at a university.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employee mantra is keep quiet and never express an opinion for improvement unless you want your head handed to you.

All about Profit!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat people, chance to travel, and students.

ConsHigh pressure may be good for some. Their focus is not on students but on the bottom line, that is if you really care about helping people make a change in their life then this is not the place for you. Management likes cliques.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people in management who have experience working with ALL type of people not just their friends.

It was a roller-coaster. A lot of ups and downs but helped me grow professionally

Accounting (Current Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGreat team environment. Recognized for hard effort. Challenging work. Free tuition at Devry University.

ConsOffice closed down. No work-life balance. Salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and develop your employees. Be more transparent.

Contact Center - Nearly impossible to move out to any other branch of DeVry Inc.

Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsSimple duties, inbound and outbound scripts.

ConsQuick to master and excel at inbound and outbound scripted calls; no room for growth; unprofessional co workers; favoritism.

While middle management (supervisors) are attempting to create a positive, learning environment, the position simply does not challenge or promote any sort of professional growth that would satisfy an employee who has higher hopes than a call center representative. There are many instances of favoritism such as altered work schedules, team placement and leniency on unprofessional dress code that is astonishing for anyone who has any sort of employment background in an office setting.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was so much change even in my short tenure, I'm not sure if there is an easy fix. Favoritism and unprofessional behavior runs amok unless leadership can somehow spend enough time to witness these instances in person to put a stop to these tendencies.

Worked for Carrington College? Contribute to the Community!