Carrington Mortgage Holdings

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company allows it's employees to grow and doesn't keep them down. The IT Department is progressive, fast paced and an exciting place to be. They think out of the box and challenge it's employees to be different and be exceptional. Once you succeed, they reward you for being able to keep up and innovative. Pretty cool place to work!

Cons

If working hard is a con...

Keep challenging your employees. Not everyone will like it, but those who strive to be the best will relish in the opportunities this company provides.

Growing Business with Great People and Culture

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced company with lots of newer technologies. My peers are very knowledgeable in their fields and a collaborative spirit is built into the culture. Management is not afraid to look at new ways of doing things and listens to the staff. On my team, management seems to look internal to job promotion rather than outside of the team as a few team members were promoted this year into larger roles.

The benefits are great with the exception of lack of a 401k plan. Only company I have worked for which backs up the claim of a bonus. I've received one every year. Management is responsive to my requests for training on new technology. Compensation is a bit above market rate but the bonus really helps.

Focus on the charitable organization is great! In my experience with the Charitable Foundation, Carrington is very focused on specific charitable causes and pour countless resources into those causes. I've had the pleasure of working with severely wounded combat veterans and feel privileged to have helped them through the Charitable Foundation. It's something I will never forget.

Cons

Work load can be very high at times. There are also times where nights and weekend work is expected for bigger, high priority projects (welcome to IT). No 401K at this time.

Continue to invest in the talent on the teams. Would like the opportunity to invest in a 401K.

Foreclosure Specialist

Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Co Workers, clean office, well kept office supplies, good computer sofware

Cons

Horrible Management, Organization, horrible work environment, I would recommend this job not even to my worst enemy.

Get it together, stop the harassment, get organized, be consistent in procedures, communicate with your staff. and stop hiring idiots that don't know what they are doing as managers and supervisors.

Management does not keep it's word

Former Employee - Underwriter in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture is relaxed. Supervisory staff is helpful. Willingness to help struggling employees.

Cons

Training is inadequate. Management makes promises they don't keep

When you hire someone on as a temp to perm employee within 3 months, you should follow through or give an explanation as to the changes in business needs.

Like working for the government

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large company with deep pockets. They could be great if they wanted to.

Cons

Like working for a government agency like the DMV. They don't seem care about their employees or their clients.

Learn some humility and listen to your clients.

Great place to work if you're ambitious and highly motivated.

Former Employee - IT Developer in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - IT Developer in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This really is a great place to work, providing you're ambitious and highly motivated. It is not a place for those wishing to coast along and collect an easy paycheck. I worked in IT, and it was an amazing group of talent and teamwork. The CIO runs a very tight department and demands dedication and hard work, but he also gives clear leadership about what is expected and which direction the department is moving. Great opportunity for advancement for those willing to listen, learn and work hard. The CIO really took the time to mentor us, and always had our backs, but he did expect the team to OWN their responsibilities.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. Those who want to "coast along" on the path of least resistance will not do well in the IT department.

Good pay but they work you like hebrew slaves

Former Employee - IT Department in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - IT Department in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

IT pay is comparable to other employers
    Benefits are decent although they are always raising the costs to emplyees

Cons

IT management expects you to give up your weekend with last minute notice on Friday and it's not due to an outage or disaster. They tell you no raises because profits were slim but they build a new Executive office in one of the most expensive places in Southern California and have catered lunches delivered everyday for the execs

Stop lining your pockets and trying treating the people that you rely on to keep the IT infrastructure going 24 by 7. Get rid of your military dictator CIO and bring in a human being.

A great place to work, real team environment

Former Employee - Hamp Underwriter in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Hamp Underwriter in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Liked the people, we made a great team, thanks to the leadership of an awesome supervisor

Cons

slow workload, leading to reduction of staff

keep Michelle Lee and let her help the other supervisors to learn to lead like she does. She really cares about her team, that's why we were number one.

Disaster coming, stay away. This company is just a bomb of time waiting to explode by not folllowing FHA guidelines.

Current Employee - Customer Service/Collections in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Collections in Fishers, IN

Pros

Good health insurance benefits, vacation time

Cons

A lot of micromanagement, problems are not resolved from the root cause.

Change some of the processes internally and have better training.

Loos Mitigation UW review

Former Employee - Underwriter in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One of the good things I liked about working here was that every file we worked on was rated & reviewed by QA and we learned from their review on how to decision the file a little bit better.

Cons

Some challenges working there was that there was no stability and no benefits.

Company should consider offering employees a better hiring package with benefits, stability and better compensation to be able to receive the best from happy employees.