Carrington Real Estate Reviews

1. Real Estate

Current Employee - Realtor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Realtor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate

Pros

They offer you the training needed to help you succeed and also give you business to help you succeed.

Cons

there aren't any cons - if you want business, come here.

2. Do Not be fooled by this company's claim to have you do foreclosure business! Stay away from them, you will regret it!

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Real Estate Broker in Chicago, IL

I worked at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pros are for the managers and the company. Working here as an agent will only waste your time and money.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, when you close one of their so called foreclosure listings that they give you, no matter what they tell you, after all of the mysterious fees that they take out, you will make about $250 per closing. If you calculate the hours by the pay, you would be better of working at McDonalds. The managers are VERY UNETHICAL and will lie and tell you anything to join their company. I truly hope the managers and upper management gets what they deserve. The so called Nationstar listings that they give you are a joke. You will make less than .5% after the fee structure if the property actually sells. They overprice them like crazy. Keep a close eye on their agent turn around, I watched over 6 agents per month leave this hellhole of a company.

Treat your agents better and stop lying to them to recruit. I would not recommend working at this company to my worst enemy. It is a complete joke

3. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The managing broker is friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Hi tech paperless office. Carrington assigns REO listings to agents. REO listings plus your personal business equals a recipe for success. Carrington provides leads to agents from a national call center. Free personal website. No monthly fees paid to Carrington by the agents. Continual education and updates from a national and local perspective via meetings and online conferences. Work from home or work in the office. Initial training is online at your own pace.

Cons

The Orland Park office has so much business that we need 40 additional realtors. Realtors need to have computer literacy and the aptitude for reading and implementing processes.

5. After Interviewing with 7 Real Estate Companies I chose Carrington

Current Employee - Broker Associate in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Broker Associate in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Carrington since August of 2014 and am very positive about this company. The company offers the tools for anyone to be successful in the industry. There technology is very good and have an abundant amount of training if you choose to want to learn. I have personally received both Buying leads and listing leads and have closed on 2 Buyer's leads and 3 listing leads since I started. My Managing Broker is EXCELLENT! She is only a manager and does not sell. She is very supportive and accessible 7 days a week. My business is growing and I attribute much of that to the support that Carrington provides.

Cons

I would like the commission structure to be greater, but I also understand that Carrington is a corporation and needs to generate income in order to grow its' business. Also, I would like my Carrington email account to be fixed. It's been down for 3 weeks.

Maintain itself to new ideas to improve its' business model as this business is fluid and always evolving.

6. Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company has delivered on everything they have promised, company generated listings, training, technology that works, and support. I am amazed at what can be accomplished with a company that works as efficiently as this one does. This is the best of both worlds, a traditional office that is truly paperless so agent who choose to work from home are not constantly having to make trips to the office to drop off paperwork. This is a great company for a Broker who wants to make real estate a true career, not just a hobby.

Cons

No cons with the company, however, there are a lot of people who join thinking this is going to be a place where they can make money and not work. The company gives all the training and support you could ever ask for, and those who do not choose to utilize the tools they are given are the ones who wash out and complain. This is truly the future of real estate. If you are ready for the future, then this is the place to be. If you want to sit around socializing, and not getting anything accomplished, then you probably will wash out. For the person who is a professional Realtor, you could not ask for a better company.

7. If you want to learn Real Estate your at the right place

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Efficient educational opprotunity all aspects of real estate

Cons

To be announced - the Pros out way the Cons

The fast pace causes anxiety attacks to the newbe's because they must change to learn, they'll be alright.

8. They do what they say they will - Unique!

Current Employee - Agent in Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate

Pros

they have made good on every promise they made on helping to grow my business

Cons

so much to learn on all the tools they provide

9. Love the Partnership with my business they offer

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They prospect with me and provide leads to help supplement my business - offer a great CRM and lots of tools to make my job easy. Marketing pieces are all done and efficient and easy to use. love it best offering in town with the lowest fees and great commission splits

Cons

none that i have found

keep doing what you are doing it is working i and my associates are really happy with the company

10. Fantastic Support and Tools

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Been with Carrington for about 3 weeks now and it has been fantastic as far as support and assistance. One tool i posted on my Facebook account and had a lead in less than 30 minutes - my co-workers are already receiving leads from the company and it has only been just under 3 weeks - Crisp clean marketing tools and great value for the clients

Cons

none that I have seen -

Thank you for all the fantastic support

Don't buy into the REO hype

Current Employee - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They will give you REO listings, sometimes. No monthly fees, company pays E&O insurance.

Cons

I have been with the company almost a year and I have received only 3 listings and only one of them has sold. The other two are way overpriced and the bank wont listen to reality. Don't bother with this company if you need to sell to make a living. I do a ton of BPO business that I started way before I heard of Carrington so that keeps me going. Their commission splits seem fair until you actually sell something then they hit you with all kinds of fees and "referral" splits. The last and only deal I have completed with Carrington I ended up netting less than 28% of the listing commission. Coming from a professional company like RE/MAX this place is a real joke. Their virtual office offers zero assistance for agents who are newer. Managers are not helpful and you can NEVER reach any of the support staff. No one ever answers phones so you have to email every little question that comes up and wait for someone to respond, which is usually days later, if ever.

It feels like this place has no sense of unity between the agents and the support staff. Every company I have ever worked for had helpful supportive staff to help the sales team, your company does not!