Carrington Real Estate

Updated January 9, 2015
Updated January 9, 2015
2.7

Steve DiUbaldo

They do what they say they will - Unique!

Current Employee - Agent in Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate

Pros

they have made good on every promise they made on helping to grow my business

Cons

so much to learn on all the tools they provide

Fantastic Support and Tools

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Been with Carrington for about 3 weeks now and it has been fantastic as far as support and assistance. One tool i posted on my Facebook account and had a lead in less than 30 minutes - my co-workers are already receiving leads from the company and it has only been just under 3 weeks - Crisp clean marketing tools and great value for the clients

Cons

none that I have seen -

Thank you for all the fantastic support

Don't buy into the REO hype

Current Employee - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They will give you REO listings, sometimes. No monthly fees, company pays E&O insurance.

Cons

I have been with the company almost a year and I have received only 3 listings and only one of them has sold. The other two are way overpriced and the bank wont listen to reality. Don't bother with this company if you need to sell to make a living. I do a ton of BPO business that I started way before I heard of Carrington so that keeps me going. Their commission splits seem fair until you actually sell something then they hit you with all kinds of fees and "referral" splits. The last and only deal I have completed with Carrington I ended up netting less than 28% of the listing commission. Coming from a professional company like RE/MAX this place is a real joke. Their virtual office offers zero assistance for agents who are newer. Managers are not helpful and you can NEVER reach any of the support staff. No one ever answers phones so you have to email every little question that comes up and wait for someone to respond, which is usually days later, if ever.

It feels like this place has no sense of unity between the agents and the support staff. Every company I have ever worked for had helpful supportive staff to help the sales team, your company does not!

can you look yourself in the mirror?

I worked at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

compensation was adequate for position

Cons

ethic were questionable as to mgmt. decisions

Very low compensation and poor Agent support

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time

Pros

They do provide actual listings and some leads. No need to maintain office or required to spend time in a brick and mortar location.

Cons

The compensation, after paying all their fees, is about 0.75% for any listing or lead they provide. Plus, you are not allowed to advertise yourself on signs for listing/leads they provide, If someone sees your yard sign and calls, they give the lead to other agents so they can keep an additional 35% referral fee. Also,you are often required to pay up front for sellers costs and need to wait month(s) before reimbursement. Corporate seems to treat the Agents as the lowest rung on the ladder, first to add extra fees to, last to get paid.

Change your attitudes about Agents - help them, work with them and stop trying to find ways to take more and more from them.

Fair

Current Employee - Broker/Associate in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Broker/Associate in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For seasoned real estate agents it's great.

Cons

For new agents in the industry you will not receive personal guidance.

Develop a new agents program.

Banking Industry moves to real estate

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for growth and opportunity! I have seen this company grow, prosper and diversify throughout the years. I have been able to take advantage of the growth as well. There will be more opportunities as the company continues to grow.

Cons

Limited on the bonus structure. It comes down to the bottom line and profitability even if you exceeded all of your goals and objectives throughout the year. The vision is on the right track but will need back end infrastructure to move forward.

Make sure you negotiate everything on the front side.

Realtor

Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tons of leads, direct referral of listings on REO properties, and decent software and personel support

Cons

Processes are always changing making it difficult to complete work from one month to the next. High referral fees on company generated leads and high commission split to APRE

Take the side of your agents and push for changes at corporate instead of trying to sugar coat and push new processes that don't make sense.

Disorganized and Greedy, but you get free listings

Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to work REO's, this is a great place to do it, as long as you understand that it is a lot of work for very little money.
    LOVE Open Houses? This is the company for you, that's their answer to generating business on their listings.
    With the name change to Carrington the colors and web presence are more appealing for Corp.
    Great for agents that want to do a handful of deals a year.

Cons

Reviews that reference great technology, obviously haven't been involved with other brokerages.
    Not for new agents needing training or established agents needing advanced training.
    The fees are out of control. For an agent on on 80/20 split, you will make about 50% after their tech fees, transaction fees, referral fees, etc. You don't pay a royalty, but I would rather a small royalty vs. ongoing junk fees.
    Nationally known name? Maybe in CA and maybe because they are not interested in the agents marketing themselves. Your sign calls go to them and you have to pay a referral for that buyer.
    No advancement opportunities or ability to increase splits or reduce fees.

Put yourself in the position of the agents. They are the face of the company, not only to your vendors but growing your name nationally. The pay should be comparable to their value.

Knowledgeable Realtors

Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Carrington Real Estate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good support, give listings to agents, educating Realtors about the market, continually finding ways to share business with the Realtors to help grow their sales, get REO business that would not otherwise be shared, Nationally recognized name and affiliation with Carrington Morgage Holdings

Cons

If you want to work in an office, this is a virtual office set up for most, properties that the company gives you to sell does have a referral to the company

Continue to change with the market, the Realtors are the ones that are making this company a success