Carroll Community College

Carroll Community College Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great atmosphere, awesome staff, warm environment. Student-centered.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Westminster, MD

I worked at Carroll Community College full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe college is a great place to work. They understand the importance of a life/work balance and offer great benefits. This institution has a cohesive top-down leadership structure and offices work cohesively with each other, even outside of individual divisions.

ConsThere is currently not a lot of room for advancement and promotion. But job positions are secure.

Probably as good as there is for an adjunct

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Carroll Community College part-time

ProsFor the most part, department chair offers scheduling flexibility. Colleagues are congenial and, unlike some colleges, full-time professors respect and support adjuncts.

ConsSalary is low. Many students are unprepared and uncommitted, lacking any perception of what college-level work necessitates. Because of that, there is an ongoing effort to push professors to lower expectations to keep students happy and get them through no matter what. Even though adjuncts teach more classes and, therefore more students than full-time professors, adjuncts have no voice in departmental decisions, not even the decision which textbook the department adopts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that there are students who are planning to transfer to universities who are short changed each time we "dumb down" the curriculum or grading standards for those who will eventually drop out anyway because they really never wanted to go to college in the first place.

Worked for Carroll Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carroll Community College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Carroll Community College employees.