Carroll Enterprises
www.subconnector.com Minneapolis, MN 1 to 5 Employees

Carroll Enterprises Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014
Carroll Enterprises – San Diego – “Metlife/Carrol Ent.”

Brian K. Carroll

Good company!

ProsSmall company with the flexibility to adjust to conditions outside company control.

ConsRigid company policy with little interest in changing how it has been done for 40 years.

Plymouth Minnesota Office - SBIA

Case Manager, Internal Wholesaler, Customer Service, Insurance (Current Employee)
    Plymouth, MN

ProsA paycheck. This is all they have to offer here.

ConsThis is not a good environment to work in from the top down. SBIA has one major client and will fold if the client does not renew the contract. No training. No room for advancement. Unwillingness to listen to employees concerns and suggestions causes loss of business opportunities, growth and dissatisfaction. Just had layoffs recently.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Overall possitive experience, but strict attendance policy without a lot of upward mobility

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Worcester, MA

ProsGreat entry level starting point, and the staff and management are very easy to get along with. Training is comprehensive and there are frequent employee reviews

Consstrict attendance policy-unscheduled time off is repremanded even with a doctors note. All employees are hired on a temp to permanent basis and temporary assignments are subject to end
    early based on volume.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould do more promotions from within company, rather than hire from outside candidate pool

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you can find a different job, take it. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Director (Former Employee)

ProsFor the most part, employees of this company are dedicated and loyal to the owners. In my experience employees want to do the best job they can for the company and it's owners and work daily to fulfill the requirements of their positions.

ConsAnything less than a fully committed loyality to the owners of this small company will get you thrown out. They are a very tight knit executive team and value loyality above all else. Since the company is based in Worcester, many of the managers tell me they are employed here only because it was the best job they could find close to their home. This is a family run business and the family will support each other at the expense of anyone else who gets in the way. While I was there, the VP I reported to was demoted from his position because he dared to stand up to the CEO and actually take some time away from the rat race the executives live every day. Taking his PTO in order to spend time with his family branded him as an unloyal and uncommitted executive and the rest of the executive team pushed him out. If you question their strategy or plans too often or too harshly, you can get yourself pushed out of there too! The executive team including the CEO and VPs have some real struggles with trusting anyone they cannot see, so working in an off site facility is certainly short-lived.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a highly qualified CEO to develop a growth strategy and target a sales funnel to expand the company and position it for the next growth phase. Groom your executive team to successfully run your company..not to run off your good employees.

Internal Wholesaler

Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MN

ProsSmall company and people were very nice. Salary was good with commission potential.

ConsThe sales goals and expectations are currently way to high. No plan in place to increase sales other than threaten the sales people. As one of the GA choices Wells Fargo Advisors have Carroll Enterprises is low due to the fact they do not visit any advisors, take them out to lunch etc. it is all phone based.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a plan that makes Carroll Enterprises a top choice for the Wells Fargo Advisors.

I have learned a lot about myself and the plastic industry with the help of the owner.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat oppourtunity to work independently and that allows me freedom to spend time with family.

ConsThe plastic industry is tied to manufacturing and the present administration is not friendly to free markets.

Be Very Careful

Prossmall company in the city of Worcster, MA.

ConsBe careful of what you are promised as supporting the Carroll family lifestyle is more important to the Executives of the company than supporting the Employees careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like Senior Mangers of a company.

Worked for Carroll Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carroll Enterprises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carroll Enterprises CEO Brian K. Carroll. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Carroll Enterprises employees.