Carroll Enterprises

Carroll Enterprises Reviews

Brian K. Carroll

Good company!

I have been working at Carroll Enterprises full-time

Pros

Small company with the flexibility to adjust to conditions outside company control.

Cons

Rigid company policy with little interest in changing how it has been done for 40 years.

Plymouth Minnesota Office - SBIA

Current Employee - Case Manager, Internal Wholesaler, Customer Service, Insurance in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Carroll Enterprises full-time

Pros

A paycheck. This is all they have to offer here.

Cons

This is not a good environment to work in from the top down. SBIA has one major client and will fold if the client does not renew the contract. No training. No room for advancement. Unwillingness to listen to employees concerns and suggestions causes loss of business opportunities, growth and dissatisfaction. Just had layoffs recently.

None.

Overall possitive experience, but strict attendance policy without a lot of upward mobility

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Carroll Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great entry level starting point, and the staff and management are very easy to get along with. Training is comprehensive and there are frequent employee reviews

Cons

strict attendance policy-unscheduled time off is repremanded even with a doctors note. All employees are hired on a temp to permanent basis and temporary assignments are subject to end
    early based on volume.

Should do more promotions from within company, rather than hire from outside candidate pool

If you can find a different job, take it. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Carroll Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the most part, employees of this company are dedicated and loyal to the owners. In my experience employees want to do the best job they can for the company and it's owners and work daily to fulfill the requirements of their positions.

Cons

Anything less than a fully committed loyality to the owners of this small company will get you thrown out. They are a very tight knit executive team and value loyality above all else. Since the company is based in Worcester, many of the managers tell me they are employed here only because it was the best job they could find close to their home. This is a family run business and the family will support each other at the expense of anyone else who gets in the way. While I was there, the VP I reported to was demoted from his position because he dared to stand up to the CEO and actually take some time away from the rat race the executives live every day. Taking his PTO in order to spend time with his family branded him as an unloyal and uncommitted executive and the rest of the executive team pushed him out. If you question their strategy or plans too often or too harshly, you can get yourself pushed out of there too! The executive team including the CEO and VPs have some real struggles with trusting anyone they cannot see, so working in an off site facility is certainly short-lived.

Find a highly qualified CEO to develop a growth strategy and target a sales funnel to expand the company and position it for the next growth phase. Groom your executive team to successfully run your company..not to run off your good employees.

Internal Wholesaler

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Carroll Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small company and people were very nice. Salary was good with commission potential.

Cons

The sales goals and expectations are currently way to high. No plan in place to increase sales other than threaten the sales people. As one of the GA choices Wells Fargo Advisors have Carroll Enterprises is low due to the fact they do not visit any advisors, take them out to lunch etc. it is all phone based.

Create a plan that makes Carroll Enterprises a top choice for the Wells Fargo Advisors.

I have learned a lot about myself and the plastic industry with the help of the owner.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Carroll Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great oppourtunity to work independently and that allows me freedom to spend time with family.

Cons

The plastic industry is tied to manufacturing and the present administration is not friendly to free markets.

Be Very Careful

I have been working at Carroll Enterprises

Pros

small company in the city of Worcster, MA.

Cons

Be careful of what you are promised as supporting the Carroll family lifestyle is more important to the Executives of the company than supporting the Employees careers.

Act like Senior Mangers of a company.

Carroll Enterprises Photos