Carson Pirie Scott

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carson Pirie Scott President Bud Bergren

Bud Bergren

Pros
  • Somewhat flexible scheduling, great for students, people with multiple jobs or other weekly committments(in 7 reviews)

• The best reason to work at Carson Pirie Scott is the employee discount that you get when you work there(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A downside in working there is that there is not enough help and you do the work of three people for minimum wage(in 4 reviews)

• short time associate get no more then 20 hours a week or 1000 hours a year(in 3 reviews)

good managers make a difference

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Vernon Hills, IL

Prosthe hours are flexible, store manager at Vernon Hills is very fare, and works with her staff. she is on the floor making changes and encouraging the employees to come up with ideas. she has an open door policy. from the minute I walked into the store I felt comfortable asking her questions . Even if the question sounded like I didn't have a clue, she never makes you feel bad. always positive with everyone, treats everyone the same.

Consshort hours in the summer the customer complains to the sales associates. it's hard to listen to the complaints and stay positive. it's a challenge, but I can do it.

Advice to Senior Managementmy only advice to store manager is to try and help the department managers be positive and to give compliments when ever possible. it makes a difference I walk into work with s positive attitude about the day. Most of the times the manager/ supervisor in my area starts talking negative about the customers and retail in general I may be odd but if we dish out negative thoughts and words that's what the day will be like .

Ok job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosworking with customers, schedule worked with school hours

Consmanagement was terrible at this location,

Advice to Senior Managementdo better please and thank you

Driven by the dreaded credit card sales!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI

ProsCustomer Interaction
    Calm Environment
    Compensation for card sales
    Good Employee Discount

ConsSlow Work Place
    Managers hound over credit card sales
    Coupon are limited which causes complaints

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hound the associates so much about credit card sales when there are few customers who even enter the store. Can't sell to people who aren't there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great store, Great retail experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Norridge, IL

ProsDiscount, environment, great learning experience, Learn great skills to further career in retail industry

Consblackout dates for taking off

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with truly caring for your employees.

An interesting, enjoyable experience

Seasonal-cashier (Former Employee) Chicago Ridge, IL

ProsLots of things to do so you will not get bored. I was in costume jewelry, so I spent a lot of time arranging displays and counters. Bosses allow you to take care of multiple areas. Very user-friendly, easy-to-learn computer system.

ConsA high-end department store attracts the shoplifters and swindlers. Watch out for fake coupons and counterfeit money!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

I was able to achieve a lot of experience, and to accomplish a lot.

Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) Lombard, IL

ProsIf you are motivated there is room to move forward in the company.

ConsThey do not have a pay rate consistent with sustaining a household.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay you top people more to keep them.

It has always been a great one.

Personal Shopper (Current Employee) Orland Park, IL

ProsWe have great benefits. The company is family friendly, for the most part, they work around your school/personal schedule.

ConsI am a full-time employee, years ago, we use to receive weekly hours of 37.5, now we only get 32 hours. I wish that would change back!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to your Associates.

Wonderful managers!!!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Orland Park, IL

ProsManagers, staff and customers are worth going to work for.

ConsSometimes, hard on the ankles and feet - standing for a long time.

For my first job, it was pretty awesome.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Merrillville, IN

ProsFlexible hours, Nice coworkers, Everyone is on the same page, There is always plenty to do (esp in clothing depts)

ConsSome of the coworkers are a bit rude, Some customers are rude as well, Fitting rooms are always a drag, LP is too slow

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of waiting until the last minute to get inventory together or the store nice for inspection, keep it that way year round.

Currently Employed

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsEmployee Discount, building friendships with customers, somewhat flexible schedule.

ConsUpper management gives you the go around when it comes to raises. Supervisors can never be found, most of the time they hardly answer phone calls. All projects are done on our own, we do receive some guidance from visual....but they can do so much. Major moves are usually told within hours of a corporate visit which makes it a stressful environment. Customers are always upset because of the exclusions on the coupons and the coupons are extremely confusing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe reason why the retention rate is so low in this company is because no raises in pay are offered. There are plenty of good workers within this company, that will leave because of not being appreciated.

Worked for Carson Pirie Scott? Contribute to the Community!