Carter Bloodcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Merlyn H. Sayers

IT Support Specialist

ProsGreat benefits and couldnt ask for better management.

ConsNot very many career opportunities.

Very poor workplace

Bedford, TX

ProsI don't have any to list

ConsPoor management and extremely poor communication and training. Very childish place to be unless you are a favorite. Hours can be very long and they suck you in by saying all these positive things in the beginning but after that is over with - here comes the low morale and uneducated management.
    Get your training and move on to better. Better pay. Better insurance. Better people that can keep work and personal separate.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate properly and do the right thing with employees. Don't degrade and humiliate them. Teach with patience and understanding and be pro active while on the floor...learn what teamwork truly is.

Carter BloodCare has provided invaluable learning & growth opportunity.

Bedford, TX

ProsCarter BloodCare provides learning opportunities and room for growth/advancement for anyone who applies themselves.

ConsAs a not for profit entity, work can be a bit overwhelming sometimes due to cost constraints.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for those who are truly in it for the mission - they do exist among the naysayers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low pay, good work-life balance, overall good people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Bedford, TX

ProsCarter BloodCare offers a great learning environment, with a decent work-life balance, and not a super-strict work schedule. As long as your work is done, there's no micromanagement. Overall nice people and a "nurturing" feel. Nothing cut-throat or high-tech.

ConsCarter BloodCare is run by some very old school people who are very resistant to technology and new business practices. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is the general rule and most employees stick to the way things have always been done. The pay is very, very low compared to other not-for-profts. Additionally, the IT director has way too much power across other departments when his time may be better spent learning more about new IT trends, improvements, and new technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove technology/IT, and it will do WONDERS for Carter BloodCare!

the most childish place you could possibly work

Phleb I Mobiles (Current Employee)

Prosbenefits, "some co-workers" meeting donors

Conspay, management, low pay, unpredictable schedule, this place is a joke! you can not work here and be professional, the management team in mobile collections sure isnt, there are smiley faces, stars, moons, stick figure drawings, even Dr. Suess pictures hanging in this department, yet management threatens you constantly with your job and will tell you you can always go flip burgers at mcdonalds, how professional is that! with the hours your lacking along with the pay on your checks mcdonalds is not a bad option, you would make about the same

Advice to Senior Managementwhere to start? Get a clue, learn to manage people, your staff are not your kids, dont treat or talk to them like they are, iron fist managing went out in the 80"s, might want to take a few college courses since none of you have a degree, also a class on professionalism, you all could stand to learn a lot on that one, oh, the whole thing about "your job is a dime a dozen" so is yours, you might want to learn what a retention rate is, a lot of it reflects on you

High School

Phlebotomist I (Former Employee)
    Bedford, TX

ProsSome of the employees are really awesome! The paid training to get you prepared for another health care job is fantastic! Scheduling is so sweet!

ConsThe hours! The people that they put in charge is laughable! Also the pay is too. You do a ton of heavy lifting and setting up and that can be incredibly difficult on an 12 hour day! The management lets you know at every opportunity how bad the economy is and how many stacks of applications they have to replace your job. You almost are scared to go to work! The management is very unknowlegable on S.O.P's and federal guidelines, so dont even dream of asking them a question. This place is like a high school and rumors and gossip run rampant. Also they do not allow cell phones but they also will not call you if you have an emergency.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees some respect and maybe some raises! Also your entire management staff should be evaluated and maybe you could get someone in there that cares about employees and knows what blood banking is about!

Get your experience and then move on!!!!

Bedford, TX

ProsSome of the people on staff are great and some of the lower level management are actually really helpful. You will get to go somewhere different everyday and the donor really do appreciate what we do and that feel great. We really do get to go out everyday and do something that saves lives and that is rewarding.

ConsThey will hire basically anyone with little regard to the level of professionalism that the employee has. Upper Management is unprofessional as well as quite poor and likes to seize the opportunity to let staff know that they are replaceable. Mobile Coordinators leave a lot to be desired and do very little to motivate employees and assist in their growth. Laziness, favoritism, and nepotism abound and management is well aware but makes it known that they do not care. Very little opportunity for advancement even making a lateral move is next to impossible. Hours are cut drastically in the summer time, winter, and part of the spring; and with little opportunity for over time this makes it almost unbearable for the employees that work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and learn to appreciate the work that your phlebotomists do. Stop working against each other and learn to work as a team. Although your phlebotomists are subordinates learning to work with them will be the only way that your "mission statement" will be full-filled.

Not the best place to work if you have family.

Tyler, TX

ProsTraining is provided so that you can gain experience you need to work somewhere better. The trainers are nice people and help with any questions you have about collecting blood.

ConsManagement is the worst I have ever worked for. You do not ever get lunch breaks but thirty minutes is deducted every day from you time. Turnover is really high here for the fact that upper management doesn't listen to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to listen to your employees. Give praise where it is needed and stop criticizing everyone. It would be nice to be fully staffed and not always forced to work overtime like crazy. Instead of telling everyone that we are replaceable, try to keep us longer than 9 months.

Extremely Unprofessional

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)
    Bedford, TX

ProsSome of the people at Carter are amazing people! The training department is reasonable.

ConsCarter is extremely unprofessional and a horrible place to work. The management is very childish and very negative. They don't support you in any way shape or form. The lazier you are the higher you will rise in the company. They love to make you feel like you are replaceable. They constantly remind you how a million people want your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome

Prosreally great company to work for.

Consodd hours are always diffrent.

Advice to Senior Managementnone needed, they are doing a great job

Worked for Carter Bloodcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carter Bloodcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carter Bloodcare CEO Merlyn H. Sayers. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Carter Bloodcare employees.