Carter Machinery

www.cartermachinery.com

Carter Machinery Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2014
Carter Machinery – “Discover the benefits of a career with an…”

Jim Parker

You can complain all you want, but Carter work's very hard to be top notch for its customers and employees.

ProsVery good benefit package, health, dental, the works, and matching 401k. Lots of incentives to encourage new ideas, and job leads. Compensation is adequate.

ConsAge old problem of management, things flow smoothly for a while then they go helter skelter. Sometimes the rules/ policies arent as cut and dry as you would like. Also the lead incentives never seen to get paid out unless its a massive lead. They just get lost in the paperwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to hire people with experience in the field into positions of management. How can you manage something if you have never done it in your life? How can you manage the process if you really have not been a part of the process?

exellent setting to lanuch a career

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Salem, VA

Prostraining for the future feeling of being #1 in the industry

Consmanagement untrained in the field

Advice to Senior Managementhire from within using trained employees

Best company that i have worked for.

Mechanic (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsThe work is challenging. The pay is good compared to other companies. The benifits are excellent. The Upper leadership is proffesional and reliable.

ConsIts a dirty job at times. You must like to work in a non airconditioning space. Training is getting a lot better. We now have Cat University for training which has helped out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us some more flexable time to do our Cat U training. Besides on our off time. We work hard for the company and the time should be allotted for it. You guys have been great to us. Thanks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salem, VA

Prosgood people, good benifits, good leadership

Consaverage pay, location can be tough

Advice to Senior Managementpay better

Worked for Carter Machinery? Contribute to the Community!