Cartus

Cartus Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Cartus President Kevin J Kelleher

Kevin J Kelleher

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, ability to leave work behind at the end of the day(in 22 reviews)

• It is possible to work from home on bad weather days(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Due to the low salaries, turnover in many departments is extremely high(in 8 reviews)

• Not a lot of room for growth in this satellite office(in 4 reviews)

A great learning experience but not something I would commit to for the rest of my life

ProsFriendly atmosphere, training was great, friendly people, decent pay

Conscaseload was too high, high stress, disorganization, complaints

Difficult place to work however very nice co-workers

Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsGreat team of people to work with, supportive, intelligent people. Lovely family friendly environment. Superb health benefits and other perks.Opportunity for advancement excellent. Flex hours were wonderful.

ConsCaseloads insanely large and impossible to manage. Very stressful environment. Work load was basically set up for failure as a consultant. Micromanaging phone calls and computer activity hindered giving clients the service they deserved. Salary did not match skill level or years of experience.

a job, not a career. don't stay too long. wholesale changes are needed to remain a leader in the industry

Analytical Support (Former Employee) Danbury, CT

Proswork-like balance is quite good overall. working conditions are ok. good opportunity to learn the relocation business and improve your skills.

Consheavy with middle management. clubby management. poor communicators. reasonably good on the job training. some movement among department for job opportunities.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to listen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An ok place to work - but don't stagnate too long.

Data Control Specialist (Former Employee) Danbury, CT

Prosoffers a good deal of flexibility,
    culture is professional, ethnical and respectful, overall,
    work-life balance - easy to leave work at work (in the position I had anyway), not overly demanding

Consrampant, company-wide disorganization and ineptness
    bureaucratic inefficiency is so widespread that I personally believe an entire company overhaul would be needed at this point in order to fix things,
    management is generally unwilling to actually change or improve things (though they may humor you) - this attitude trickles down to everyone - very stagnant, "we do it this way because we do it this way, don't ask questions" type of atmosphere,
    seemed to be limited room for growth/salary increase,
    poor communication/lack of understanding between departments - greatest hindrances were always within the company,
    while it is flexible in many ways, there is certain degree of uptight rigidness to everything

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees (don't just humor them) and be way more open to changing and improving

Take Forever to pay

Language Trainer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible Hours, Good Pay, Independence

ConsThe first month I worked as a Language Trainer in Houston, I was paid in three days. The second month.....I'm still waiting two weeks after submitting my paperwork. Is this normal? I have contacted them by e mail (no response and says I should wait 30 DAYS!!! before sending an inquiry....But my rent was due LAST WEEK!!) I've also contacted them by phone and was told to write to the e mail site.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep track of who is paying Language Trainers. Some pay right away and others do not and cannot be reached when inquiring about pay. I'm just getting the run around, and 30 days is too long to wait for pay or to inquire about pay. Right now, I cannot pay my rent and Cartus is ignoring my inquiries.

Interesting work; great training

Cross-cultural Trainer (Current Employee)

ProsInteresting work with people from all around the world.

ConsPart-time contractual work; irregular; last minute at times.

Industry leader offers a wonderful experience

Senior International Assignment Consultant (Current Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsExcellent career potential if given the right opportunities with the right qualifications

ConsMany with true talent have gotten "stuck" in positions or situations where grown is not encouraged nor nurtured.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time investing on the future company leaders before they leave for greener pastures.

Frustrating at times like anywhere but generally a decent company to work for.

Welcome Center Specialist II (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood work/life balance, ability to leave work behind at the end of the day.

ConsUnreasonable metrics at times when not enough people are available for workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy direct management has been great, but micro management of upper management makes hitting metrics difficult while maintaining availability time.

Working as a cross-cultural trainer with Cartus

Cross-cultural Trainer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCartus offers decent pay and a lot of flexibility. We are free to accept or reject any sessions. Training by phone has been helpful.

ConsClients often cancel. We receive partial payments only if clients cancel within two days of the scheduled appointment. Sessions for dependents pay $100 less than those for corporate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer the same pay for youth classes as for adult classes. Youth classes are actually harder to teach.

It's an okay job, but not a career. If you want to feel valued, go somewhere else.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI've learned an incredible amount working here and have made some lifelong friends.

ConsEmployees on some teams should be making twice what they are currently being paid based on the work load and responsibility level we are expected to maintain.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the people you manage know more than you, that's a problem. Managers are promoted without having the correct training or background, it causes widespread problems and nearly unmanageable levels of STRESS to everyone. It also compromises the relationship with the client.

Worked for Cartus? Contribute to the Community!