Cartus

Cartus Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Cartus President Kevin J Kelleher

Kevin J Kelleher

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance, ability to leave work behind at the end of the day"
    in 22 reviews
  • "It is possible to work from home on bad weather days"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Due to the low salaries, turnover in many departments is extremely high"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Low pay, no salary increases, medical benefits get worse each year, workload increases constantly, Management not competent"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Interesting work; great training

Cross-cultural Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cartus as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsInteresting work with people from all around the world.

ConsPart-time contractual work; irregular; last minute at times.

Industry leader offers a wonderful experience

Senior International Assignment Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent career potential if given the right opportunities with the right qualifications

ConsMany with true talent have gotten "stuck" in positions or situations where grown is not encouraged nor nurtured.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time investing on the future company leaders before they leave for greener pastures.

Would be afraid to recommend this company

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey supposedly have flexible hours, work life balance.. but some departments are more like prisons. I would be more positive maybe, if I worked in a different department.

Consthey allow individual managers/directors to make their own rules rather than follow the "benefits" of working for Cartus. Pay is low compared to other companies so they need to be more flexible in what they allow their employees to do to fit this job into their lives. They say they care about employees and know they have families etc but then they let managers deny the very benefits they brag about.

Some people, seniors and managers, micro manage their employees to stagnation and it is very stressful having someone breathing over your shoulder all day long.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake all departments adhere to the Company policies and benefits. Or give those employees who have to live under dictatorships battle pay.

Frustrating at times like anywhere but generally a decent company to work for.

Welcome Center Specialist II (Current Employee)
Irving, TX

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work/life balance, ability to leave work behind at the end of the day.

ConsUnreasonable metrics at times when not enough people are available for workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy direct management has been great, but micro management of upper management makes hitting metrics difficult while maintaining availability time.

Working as a cross-cultural trainer with Cartus

Cross-cultural Trainer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Cartus part-time for less than a year

ProsCartus offers decent pay and a lot of flexibility. We are free to accept or reject any sessions. Training by phone has been helpful.

ConsClients often cancel. We receive partial payments only if clients cancel within two days of the scheduled appointment. Sessions for dependents pay $100 less than those for corporate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer the same pay for youth classes as for adult classes. Youth classes are actually harder to teach.

It's an okay job, but not a career. If you want to feel valued, go somewhere else.

Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than a year

ProsI've learned an incredible amount working here and have made some lifelong friends.

ConsEmployees on some teams should be making twice what they are currently being paid based on the work load and responsibility level we are expected to maintain.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the people you manage know more than you, that's a problem. Managers are promoted without having the correct training or background, it causes widespread problems and nearly unmanageable levels of STRESS to everyone. It also compromises the relationship with the client.

A decent company

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFriendly atmosphere that is developed only by the workers. Company is good about work and family life.

Consunorganized, shows favoritism, and doesn't listen to workers ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementStop showing favoritism when it comes to promotions and bring salaries inline with the industry

Short Sales

Asset (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility with hrs if needed not many pros since there are so many lay offs on a regular basis

ConsLay offs at the drop of a hat - no loyalty to good employees

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to appreciate their employees

Great company. Needs to look at compensation to retain talented people.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cartus full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat work-life balance. Professional atmosphere. Excellent culture and day-to-day work environment.

ConsSomewhat limited career growth. Compensation below market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough managing compensation tightly is very effective from an expense management standpoint, I feel that being more competitive would attract new talent and maintain / motivate current employees and have a more positive effect on revenue.

Good interactions with Cartus, as a contractor

Language Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Cartus as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was an independent contractor for Cartus, a language instructor. The folks I dealt with seemed pretty efficient, the paperwork to get started was minimal, and they usually paid on-time. The language students I met through Cartus were ** wonderful ** people and great business people.

ConsAs is the case in much relocation work, projects often seemed to get done fairly last-minute. Once I connected with the clients directly, things went smoothly.

Worked for Cartus? Contribute to the Community!

Cartus Videos

Cartus – Why Work for Us?

Cartus is a highly successful industry leader in global mobility management. With nearly 60 years' of mobility/relocation experience, we offer our employees a great opportunity to learn and grow. Located in offices… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cartus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cartus CEO Kevin J Kelleher. All 124 reviews posted anonymously by Cartus employees.