Cascade Natural Gas

Cascade Natural Gas Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

David L. Goodin

Solid company to work for and managed well

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kennewick, WA

ProsMany perks and community sponsorship opportunities

ConsWorking environment of cubicle offices

Can't Recommend

ProsUsed to be a great company to work for before they were sold to MDU and the office was moved to Kennewick. Few people made the move so there has been lots of turnover and inexperienced employees coming in.

ConsIneffective management and poor treatment of employees. Most current employees are either looking for new work or just hanging on till retirement. With high turnover, new employees are not being well mentored.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and "With Integrity". Just because it's in your slogan doesn't mean it happens on its own. Make people proud of where they work again.

Under New Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsPrior to the acquisition by MDU, CNGC was a fabulous place to work. The people at Cascade Natural Gas where the best. It felt like family. Management took care of it's people and accomodating to various emloyee needs offering flexibility in scheduled hours. It was a fun place to work with a true team oriented environment. Old management got 5 stars.

ConsNew management is very old school in their management style and dollar driven. They moved the headquarters to Kennewick, WA. Nearly 80% of the office personnel chose not to relocate. Management of MDU was dishonest with their intentions. New management get two stars.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up the 'Gool 'ol boy' network and advance with the times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great little utility company in the Pacific Northwest that I'm glad has taken me in.

Rates & Conservation Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFellow employees are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the business (which helps a ton because I had no prior utilities experience) and are more than willing to share their knowledge.

Very attractive benefits and compensation package. I won't lie, you work hard for it but in terms of OT the emphasis on work/life balance is highly appreciated.

While being very professional in terms of business, the people working at CNG are very friendly and regularly scheduled holiday events are highly entertaining.

ConsNo different than most other jobs in that there are certain projects that require more work and hours usual. On balance though, these projects are tackled as a team and the late nights are very few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the emphasis on communication. I say this because it is obvious (or at least there seems to me) that there is an explicit effort to speak with employees, disseminate even high-level corporate information, etc.

Worked for Cascade Natural Gas? Contribute to the Community!