Cascade Natural Gas Reviews

3.6
David L. Goodin

1. A great place for well earned labor

I worked at Cascade Natural Gas

Pros

Outside all day working with customers, coworkers or solo. Wonderful variety.

Cons

Some organizations issues but nothing that can't be overcome. Occasionally some customers are very difficult to work with.

2. Can't Recommend

I have been working at Cascade Natural Gas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company to work for before they were sold to MDU and the office was moved to Kennewick. Few people made the move so there has been lots of turnover and inexperienced employees coming in.

Cons

Ineffective management and poor treatment of employees. Most current employees are either looking for new work or just hanging on till retirement. With high turnover, new employees are not being well mentored.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and "With Integrity". Just because it's in your slogan doesn't mean it happens on its own. Make people proud of where they work again.

3. Solid company to work for and managed well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Cascade Natural Gas full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many perks and community sponsorship opportunities

Cons

Working environment of cubicle offices

5. Under New Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cascade Natural Gas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Prior to the acquisition by MDU, CNGC was a fabulous place to work. The people at Cascade Natural Gas where the best. It felt like family. Management took care of it's people and accomodating to various emloyee needs offering flexibility in scheduled hours. It was a fun place to work with a true team oriented environment. Old management got 5 stars.

Cons

New management is very old school in their management style and dollar driven. They moved the headquarters to Kennewick, WA. Nearly 80% of the office personnel chose not to relocate. Management of MDU was dishonest with their intentions. New management get two stars.

Advice to Management

Break up the 'Gool 'ol boy' network and advance with the times.

6. Great little utility company in the Pacific Northwest that I'm glad has taken me in.

Current Employee - Rates & Conservation Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Rates & Conservation Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cascade Natural Gas

Pros

Fellow employees are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the business (which helps a ton because I had no prior utilities experience) and are more than willing to share their knowledge.

Very attractive benefits and compensation package. I won't lie, you work hard for it but in terms of OT the emphasis on work/life balance is highly appreciated.

While being very professional in terms of business, the people working at CNG are very friendly and regularly scheduled holiday events are highly entertaining.

Cons

No different than most other jobs in that there are certain projects that require more work and hours usual. On balance though, these projects are tackled as a team and the late nights are very few and far between.

Advice to Management

Maintain the emphasis on communication. I say this because it is obvious (or at least there seems to me) that there is an explicit effort to speak with employees, disseminate even high-level corporate information, etc.