CaseStack

www.casestack.com

CaseStack Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Dan Sanker

A great place to work, but needs to modernize

ProsFantastic people, great atmosphere. Wonderful place to work. Good location, close to everything. Relaxed environment. Very family friendly. Company is growing by leaps and bounds.

ConsLagging behind in technology. Too many layers in what should be simple processes. Growth of the business is far outpacing the agility and willingness to change of the management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology and updated processes to help the business run more smoothly. Eliminate extraneous layers and make sure appropriate levels of management are available for consult and brainstorming. This is a tremendous place to work, just needs a few tweaks.

Great company culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsI enjoy the people I work with and most of my work projects. It gets somewhat hectic at times, but I learn something new everyday. I appreciate how accessible upper management is to all employees.

ConsThe traffic from my home to work is heavy at certain times of day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Boys Club, No respect for people, especially women

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJust the location of the office. Right off Ocean Park in Santa Monica.

ConsAbsolutely no work life balance. Don't come to work here because their expectations are unrealistic. Boss micromanage everything you do, including keeping track of when you leave to grab a cup of coffee. Very disrespectful and condescending to woman especially. HR personnel is useless and can't even answer some basic questions about benefits, etc. Their bonus structure is not clear and leave tons of room for you to question how they assign bonus. Performance reviews are based on metrics that are not indicative of your actual performance such as attendance. This means you can't be late to work for no reason at all even if you are a salaried employee or even if you notify you boss ahead of time. Traffic on the 405 got you to work late, say goodbye to your promotion! Also, no employee has ever gotten a perfect attendance score. There were quite a few lay offs, people leaving, people complaining, etc. Office space feels like a dirty dark dungeon. And they had problems with roaches. COO curses all day long on the phone and doesn't respect the office space of others. Don't come to work here if you are looking for work life balance as well as a well-deserved promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people because they are playing the politics game or because they are males. New management is absolute awful and needs tons of training. Micromanaging is absolutely unacepatable and counter-productive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CaseStack was a challenging and exciting work environment with great people.

Warehouse Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial environment
    Promotes from within
    Overall good attitude

ConsHours can be long
    Stressful at times

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

The Future Looks Great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fayetteville, AR

ProsThe Company is looking towards the future and is up 50% over last year. I love working for a company that displays this degree of integrity and whose CEO is such a shining example of a great servant leader.

ConsAlthough there are not many occasions of long hours, there are some.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

I'm Going Back

Account Representative (Former Employee) Canoga Park, CA

ProsBeing a previous employee of CaseStack I couldn't let this time pass without saying something about the experience I had there..

CaseStack helped me grow and develop my skills in the workforce. As a new transportation broker it was quickly obvious that I had to invest time in myself and the company to be successful. I realize now, most college students don't graduate understanding that results are expected in the private sector. Their compensation was exactly as described and their Sales Managers took a real interest in my future not only with the company, but as a person.

What's real ironic is, their guidance is why I no longer work there. I made the decision to further my education. I wanted to pursue my MBA and knew that my best shot was to not work full time.. I had discussions with my manager and I was told that my job would be there if and when I finished or was ready to come back.

Not many people have a safety net like that! I am almost finished with my program and I’ve already been in contact with CaseStack.

ConsLong Work Hours, Tough industry, requires hard work to be sucessfull

Great place offering great income potential

Sales (Former Employee) Fayetteville, AR

ProsThe tech is better than at similar companies and the management team really listens to and wants their team to succeed.

ConsThe job can be stressful at times especially when you do not have prior logistics experience, but co workers and managers were very helpful.

Supportive co-workers and Managers

Account Representative (Current Employee) Fayetteville, AR

ProsI knew nothing about the trucking industry when I started at this job. But honestly, it does not matter, your co-workers, managers, and coordinators are all willing to help while you learn the business.

ConsStressful at times, when trucks are late., etc..but you learn to not let things that are beyond your
    control bother you.

Burn and turn

Account Representative (Former Employee) Fayetteville, AR

ProsGreat technology. Pay/ benefits are decent

ConsHorrible management; so many lies to get you in the door. Could never get a straight answer about how commission worked.
    Pricing compared to competitors is terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementNegotiate better deals with carriers to give your people a fighting chance.

With hard work you will do well at Casestack

CDM (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

Prosadvancement possibility
    good enviroment
    hardworking coworkers
    inspired work staff

Conswork/life suffers
    can be very stressful

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on rolling

Worked for CaseStack? Contribute to the Community!