Casey's General Stores

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014

Casey's General Stores President, CEO, and Director Bob Myers
Bob Myers

Pros
  • Opportunity for advancement, if you are willing to sacrifice (in 3 reviews)

• The best part of my day, despite having to be to wok at 4:30am, was to see my customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was assured at orientation that full time was encouraged to all employees (in 6 reviews)

• not enough hrly pay and part time employes should recieve vacation benifits as well as the full time employes (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It was all right

I worked at Casey's General Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the workers were great. The customers were what made it as well as smoke breaks whenever needed as we could get time to take one.

Cons

The boss was two faced. Pay wasn't worth the troubles. Disliked being the only person in kitchen on friday and saturday nights expected to do everything - answer phones and get pizza's made and dough done and walk in soda coolers stocked and cleaning up and making food for the warmer every hour. It was ridiculous expecting one person to do this.

Get more help during weekend evenings. Don't just have an hour long floater come in. Way too much work and stress.

Great job love the work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elkins, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkins, AR

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are good wonderful store manager

Cons

Company continues to cut hours not giving us enough help to properly give good customer service! I'd love to see district managers come and work the kitchen by themselves ALONE
    Making 5 or 6 pizza orders along with dealing with ringing telephones with people wanting to
    place orders along with taking care of sub sandwiches when you have 3 or 4 people in line
    asking ''what's taking so long??" Would they feel overwhelmed? Stressed out? What about
    All the cleaning that's required ? Ovens have to be taken apart and cleaned and put back together along with pizza line, sub line, dough roller, steam table, oh and don't forget the customers that want their orders NOW! Talk about setting a business up to fail! And who gets
    blamed when corporate get phone calls and email complaints? The employee that's working their butt off and getting no thank you for trying! Totally no help!
    It's really bad when you're a devoted employee does anything that needs to be done
    without complaint and your evaluation is complete with excellent scores and you don't get a single penny of a raise
    because someone drops the ball and your manager fights to get it for you and they are told
    NO you waited too long to bring it to our attention! District manager refuses to sign off to approve your raise! Not cool for a rich company as big and well known as Caseys to do that
    to their dedicated, reliable, hard working employee that's making the 'big corporate' people
    BIG wages!

Corporate needs to go to their stores and actually look around and TALK with the people that are working their butts off for them! Corporate people are no better than their employees at store level! They just make a heck of a lot more money for doing a lot less labor!

Great Team

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook  in  Newton, IA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Newton, IA

I have been working at Casey's General Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. A lot of respect for the management team. A lot of mobility if you're willing.

Cons

Pay is pretty low. Little incentive to be an assistant manager because the change is pay is too minimal.

Increase the pay so that you can attract better employees and retention.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Makes alot money, and still so cheap.

Current Employee - Store Team Member  in  Hutchinson, MN
    Current Employee - Store Team Member in Hutchinson, MN

I have been working at Casey's General Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

fun people
    good pizza
    nothing else really.

Cons

purposely schedule you under 8 hours, anything under 8 hours you get one fifteen minute break. You get a 1/2 off food discount when you're working but you can't bring anything even outside the building that you bought with the discount! Can't even eat expired food, they would rather have you THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE than actually eat it, talk about a waste. Don't work with your schedule, high turnover rates, don't train anyone properly and give workers terrible hours. One week you might work fifty hours, the next week you might work twelve. Plays favorites....I could go on forever

CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES. Stop being so stingy, you make alot of money, how about caring about the people that work for you.

Good Company to start out in.

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time

Pros

Very easy job to do as long as everyone pulls their weight.

Cons

Management is ALWAYS on call!

Good summer job.

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook  in  Eureka, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Eureka, IL

I have been working at Casey's General Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Casey's General Store has nice staff, and the hours are pretty flexible.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage and you do a lot of work for the money. It is a lot more work than you would expect.

My worst job experience ever.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Grant City, MO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Grant City, MO

I worked at Casey's General Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

The cashier job itself was easy and pretty pleasant because i love being social, i LOVE caseys pizza so half off pizza with employee discount was great, and the pizza girls were cool to talk to, but thats about it for the pros.

Cons

I would have dine fine here but i was absolutely NOT properly trained, and my assistant manager had an attitude problem. I was there for three days before i was told i need to restock the drinks (that ones pretty obvious but if it isnt brought to your attention u might not even think about it) i just clicked out for the night when i was finally told i have to restock before i leave, so i had to stay an extra 40 min. Me and 2 other new employees were left to close one night and we had to call the manager because none of us were left a key to lock the doors and when the assistant manager showed up she chewed us out because "she told us how to close up and she should not have had to come in" when she's the one who didn't leave us a key. I have plenty examples of the horrible lack of training but this is long enough so i'm done now. Other casey's may be better but the one in grant city, Missouri is not too great.

poor supervison by store managers

Current Employee - Kitchen Helper  in  Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Helper in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

need a job until something better comes along

Cons

employees are poorly supervised to much theft by workers

increase manager training

Awesome

I have been working at Casey's General Stores

Pros

Great Pay. awesome bosses, flexible

Cons

Smell of gas, slow buisness, bad pizza

Keep it up

Neither good or bad outweighs the other

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Customers are the best part of the job, coworkers are generally easy to get along with and work together.

Cons

Corporate job so upper management doesn't understand the individual problems of a specific store and bases their decisions on how well other stores are doing. Leads to being overworked, working unscheduled days and unnecessary write-ups for under performing as a result of stress and pressure.

More employees on the clock makes for an easier day and better customer service.

Worked for Casey's General Stores? Contribute to the Community!