Casey's General Stores

Casey's General Stores Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Casey's General Stores President, CEO, and Director Bob Myers

Bob Myers

Pros
  • Opportunity for advancement, if you are willing to sacrifice(in 3 reviews)

• The best part of my day, despite having to be to wok at 4:30am, was to see my customers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was assured at orientation that full time was encouraged to all employees(in 6 reviews)

• not enough hrly pay and part time employes should recieve vacation benifits as well as the full time employes(in 6 reviews)

Awesome

ProsGreat Pay. awesome bosses, flexible

ConsSmell of gas, slow buisness, bad pizza

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Good company regardless

ProsGood people, nice customers, friendly

ConsOnly part time job offered

Chaos

Cashier (Former Employee) Pomona, KS

ProsThey do offer benefits, but they are costly. Make great pizza, and help you get to know the community your working in.

ConsNo breaks in some states, Headquarters are not aware of what goes on, rules are confusing at best and every changing. It is very fast paced and you have to do multiple things at once. I personally loved the close job and the flexable hours but I have herd horror stories from other stores. At least from my area.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act to together, instead of every manager for themselves start working together as a team, step up and deal with issues at the workplace, don't let employees walk all over you. as for Corporate, get your heads out of the clouds and take a long hard look at what really goes on in your stores.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neither good or bad outweighs the other

Shift Leader (Current Employee)

ProsCustomers are the best part of the job, coworkers are generally easy to get along with and work together.

ConsCorporate job so upper management doesn't understand the individual problems of a specific store and bases their decisions on how well other stores are doing. Leads to being overworked, working unscheduled days and unnecessary write-ups for under performing as a result of stress and pressure.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employees on the clock makes for an easier day and better customer service.

Clueless corporate

Cashier/Cook (Current Employee)

ProsI work in a smaller town and I love that I know everyone and everyone knows me. The employees are like family. Our manager is really good at working with us when we need her to.

ConsCorporate just sits in there big fancy pants offices and make all of these rules and regulations that make our jobs 100% more difficult rather than improving our efficiency and their revenue.

Need a Third Party View

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is doing a great job of growing into more states and creating new locations and all of my coworkers were very friendly and willing to help when I needed

ConsThe whole company is too personally invested in themselves to be successful in new markets. They assume that everyone is aware of who they are and what they stand for. Anyone who did not grow up with the company will be shy to try their food which is one of their best assets

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an outside look at your company when breaking into new markets. Look at your company from the consumers perspective and do your research on markets to ensure success.

No Trust

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStarting above minimum wage allowed for incentive to bring on the people to meet the high turnover rate

ConsThey show a complete lack of trust for their employees
    They also decided to make rules against eating "wasted" product and you are forced to throw it out or else you are fired on the spot.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so untrusting of your employees and stop wasting so much food. It just shows that you don't care about those that are hungry or poor

Large Company, Hometown Feel

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsGood Hours, Flexible Scheduling, Works around class schedule, easy job

ConsNo Chance at Promotion Unless Your Relocate or A Vacancy Opens At Your Store, No Backing From Management, Angry Customers

Don't work here. Find something else.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are none I can think of.

ConsToo many to list here.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers who can separate personal life and business....in other words...one who won't be crying when they are at work... 3-5 times per week...

The variety of task's and the customer base were great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is basic customer service with a few odd ball twists added to the cashiering experience; such as Nebraska Lottery Sales, Gas sales and purchase options, The to go Pizza and Sub sandwich stations, and the sale of Liquor and Tobacco Products.

ConsFor myself personally, I was having an awesome time learning about how many of the employees that are management have worked there way through while being employed with Casey. They Promote From Within.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake harassment of an employee by another employee serious.

Worked for Casey's General Stores? Contribute to the Community!