Casey's General Stores

Updated January 25, 2015
Updated January 25, 2015

Casey's General Stores President, CEO, and Director Bob Myers
Bob Myers

Pros
  • I got to know many of them on a personal level (in 3 reviews)

• Opportunity for advancement, if you are willing to sacrifice (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I was assured at orientation that full time was encouraged to all employees (in 6 reviews)

• not enough hrly pay and part time employes should recieve vacation benifits as well as the full time employes (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good summer job.

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Eureka, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Eureka, IL

I have been working at Casey's General Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casey's General Store has nice staff, and the hours are pretty flexible.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage and you do a lot of work for the money. It is a lot more work than you would expect.

Awesome

I have been working at Casey's General Stores

Pros

Great Pay. awesome bosses, flexible

Cons

Smell of gas, slow buisness, bad pizza

Keep it up

poor supervison by store managers

Current Employee - Kitchen Helper in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Helper in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

need a job until something better comes along

Cons

employees are poorly supervised to much theft by workers

increase manager training

My worst job experience ever.

Former Employee - Cashier in Grant City, MO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Grant City, MO

I worked at Casey's General Stores full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The cashier job itself was easy and pretty pleasant because i love being social, i LOVE caseys pizza so half off pizza with employee discount was great, and the pizza girls were cool to talk to, but thats about it for the pros.

Cons

I would have dine fine here but i was absolutely NOT properly trained, and my assistant manager had an attitude problem. I was there for three days before i was told i need to restock the drinks (that ones pretty obvious but if it isnt brought to your attention u might not even think about it) i just clicked out for the night when i was finally told i have to restock before i leave, so i had to stay an extra 40 min. Me and 2 other new employees were left to close one night and we had to call the manager because none of us were left a key to lock the doors and when the assistant manager showed up she chewed us out because "she told us how to close up and she should not have had to come in" when she's the one who didn't leave us a key. I have plenty examples of the horrible lack of training but this is long enough so i'm done now. Other casey's may be better but the one in grant city, Missouri is not too great.

As stakeholders go, employees are bottom of the barrel

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has the potential to be a great place to work,

Cons

HOWEVER the store manager doesn't give the employees the time of day and employee morale is at rock bottom. The pay scale at this store is 20% below stores just a 15 minute drive down the road.

This store is in a small town with no competition. That is no excuse for taking advantage of employees with less than a living wage. Have ya thought you could get more permanent employees by being wage competitive?

Neither good or bad outweighs the other

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Customers are the best part of the job, coworkers are generally easy to get along with and work together.

Cons

Corporate job so upper management doesn't understand the individual problems of a specific store and bases their decisions on how well other stores are doing. Leads to being overworked, working unscheduled days and unnecessary write-ups for under performing as a result of stress and pressure.

More employees on the clock makes for an easier day and better customer service.

Clueless corporate

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work in a smaller town and I love that I know everyone and everyone knows me. The employees are like family. Our manager is really good at working with us when we need her to.

Cons

Corporate just sits in there big fancy pants offices and make all of these rules and regulations that make our jobs 100% more difficult rather than improving our efficiency and their revenue.

Chaos

Former Employee - Cashier in Pomona, KS
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pomona, KS

I worked at Casey's General Stores full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do offer benefits, but they are costly. Make great pizza, and help you get to know the community your working in.

Cons

No breaks in some states, Headquarters are not aware of what goes on, rules are confusing at best and every changing. It is very fast paced and you have to do multiple things at once. I personally loved the close job and the flexable hours but I have herd horror stories from other stores. At least from my area.

Get your act to together, instead of every manager for themselves start working together as a team, step up and deal with issues at the workplace, don't let employees walk all over you. as for Corporate, get your heads out of the clouds and take a long hard look at what really goes on in your stores.

Need a Third Party View

I worked at Casey's General Stores

Pros

The company is doing a great job of growing into more states and creating new locations and all of my coworkers were very friendly and willing to help when I needed

Cons

The whole company is too personally invested in themselves to be successful in new markets. They assume that everyone is aware of who they are and what they stand for. Anyone who did not grow up with the company will be shy to try their food which is one of their best assets

Take an outside look at your company when breaking into new markets. Look at your company from the consumers perspective and do your research on markets to ensure success.

Good company regardless

I have been working at Casey's General Stores

Pros

Good people, nice customers, friendly

Cons

Only part time job offered

Casey's General Stores Photos