Cash America

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cash America President, CEO, and Director Dan Feehan

Dan Feehan

Pros
  • Flexibility and opportunity to learn something new every day(in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits, great location, flexible schedule, remote work, and chances to try out new technologies(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hours in my position had been dictated reciently by upper management to closing every shift(in 8 reviews)

• Constantly increasing benefits and then cutting full time to 35 hours a week has caused strain at every level(in 5 reviews)

Excellent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsExcellent company culture with a lot of great people

ConsNo significant cons to include

One of the cleaner pawn shops

Store Manager (Former Employee) Muskogee, OK

ProsFun and fast paced atmosphere.

ConsRoaches coming out of a lot of customers electronics

Great place and Good for the most part.

Technical (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsFriendly people who are fun to work with and be around. Always someone to go to who can help you out.

ConsLack of communication through the levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your report - to has an issue dealing with their employees, take the additional steps to find out what the problem truly is!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good compensation and PTO days

Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood learning opportunity as a beginner in career

Consnot so many opportunities for promotion

This company Sucks.

Customer Service Representative/Pawn Broker (Former Employee) Auburn, WA

ProsNothing really unless there is another slave there that happens to be nice that you can be friends with.

ConsManagers on power-trips, over-worked, chronically timed breaks, obsessed employees who want to move up the broken ladder to non-success. Did I say over-worked, slave work...! Stinky, dirty work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves, you work at a pawn shop.

Overall not bad. Pretty fun work enviorment.

Shop Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsBenefits and pay were good with a pretty good bonus structure.

ConsUpper management with some very difficult expectations at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat each market individually. What works in one city may not work in another.

A company with a great culture who treats its employees fairly and gives them opportunities to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsCorporate office - Ability to advance, teamwork, fair salary, good leadership, employees have a servant's heart toward one another

ConsLending laws are a constant concern in this sector of business

Turn you back..... Yes it's still there!!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe people you work with and help makes the job worth going to every day. I love my job but the pay and management needs to be reevaluated.

ConsThis is a billion dollar company and has been since the early 90s. On the contrary, their employees are treated like $π!+. This company continuously buys out other pawn chains and spans the globe in other countries. NO ONE should be making less than $10/hr here, not even entry level employees. Its so hard to get a raise regardless of loyalty, dedication, and hard work. Market Managers always overlook you unless you stroke them enough. Its so disheartening to give this company more of you than you give your family and they still sπ!+ on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of overlooking the screw ups from managers, hold them accountable. Upper Mgmt would rather replace the whole store team, than get rid of the real problem- the manager. Makes you wonder who the manager has by the balls. Failing audits, crappy store appearance, and severe disorganization are just a few downfalls to the manager. Why does the Market Mgr continuously cover up his bs? How can a manager bring his store down over and over but get patted on the back? Wreckless, vindictive, and selfish should never be rewarded regardless of how much money that manager generates. Co workers and customers are disrespected and ignored, but apparently that's ok with Cash America.

Lead CSR

Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsI work with some amazing people and I learn something new every day. I had the privilege to train with an amazing manager who respected ambition for those who wanted to move up and trained them properly.

ConsHours in my position had been dictated reciently by upper management to closing every shift. This has caused havoc in the 'life/work balance' that CA boasts about maintaining. This company will do ANYTHING to see that you don't get a bonus! Pay for a starting position is fair but cost of living raises do not exist and it is very sad when you got the highest merit raise in the store and it was only 23¢. Over 3 years and i am only making $1.07 more that I started with and that is with a lower management position.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those that work hard and make this company what it is. Stop micro managing EVERYTHING. Abide by the law on sexual harrassment and other inappropriate things a fire people instead of just moving them around.

Disappointed...

Shop Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsSet days off, life work balance, monthly bonuses and awesome customers.

ConsIn the past year and a half I had been working for Super Pawn - Cash America I have seen at least 10 managers get fired or quit. Management turnover is very high. There is no job security whatsoever. They trust no one. No matter how hard you work, how many hours you put in and how you improve the business, make one mistake and you are fired without a final warning. Yet loan and sales associates can get away with murder, walking all over management and the district managers do nothing about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict managers need to get off their buts and be more involved in the stores. They need to lead by example and see how their shops are actually running.. District Managers also need to be more available to management and respond to their needs in a timely manner.

Worked for Cash America? Contribute to the Community!