www.cashamerica.com

Updated November 13, 2014
3.1

Cash America President, CEO, and Director Dan Feehan
Dan Feehan

Pros
  • Flexibility and opportunity to learn something new every day (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits, good atmosphere, challenging (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hours in my position had been dictated reciently by upper management to closing every shift (in 8 reviews)

• No work/ life balance (that stopped with the bonuses) (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

A company with integrity that is going places

Former Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cash America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The leadership is trustworthy and fair. You can count on their integrity in all actions. The leadership has vision and even after a stumble they pick themselves up and plan for the next home run. They value their management and non management employees and reward everyone.

Cons

Like any company that is growing there are growing pains and the occasional bad egg in the bunch. But these are eventually removed.
    They currently are doing some soul searching after the failed Mexico expansion.

Stay true to your integrity and never compromise. Stay on guard against bad actors that would hijack the core values that the company has stood for. Also foster the truth and open sharing culture that can guard against disasters in the making like the cashlinx system.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cash America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company culture with a lot of great people

Cons

No significant cons to include

A company with a great culture who treats its employees fairly and gives them opportunities to grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cash America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Corporate office - Ability to advance, teamwork, fair salary, good leadership, employees have a servant's heart toward one another

Cons

Lending laws are a constant concern in this sector of business

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cash America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big shop=200-300 dollar bonus
    Big Discounts on cheap prices = 30percent usually

Cons

none really any cons just stuff

Awesome Companies to work for

I worked at Cash America (more than 10 years)

Pros

Integrity and competency in leadership. Fairness to customers employees and shareholders. A company that knows where it is going is honest about its struggles and strives for compassionate excellence in all its endeavors.
    One of the great places to work

Cons

Very few to speak of, not worth mentioning.

Never lose the spark that makes you special and unique. Integrity in Excellence, Compassion for community, employees and customers. Honest trustworthy accountable leadership is the cornerstone of this company that everything is built on, never relinquish that.

Best Places to Work !

Current Employee - Store Manager in Pahrump, NV
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Pahrump, NV

I have been working at Cash America

Pros

We are family, We Strive for Excellence, We Bring Honor to the Team, We act with a Servants Heart, We have fun.

Cons

Sometimes the customers can be very challenging due to their circumstances. Fast paced environment can leave tasks unfinished.

Love the ongoing support and training the company provides.

Good place to work, but draining.

I worked at Cash America

Pros

Employee discounts, 401k, bonuses, great salary. You meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. Awesome place to learn about the pawn business.

Cons

You meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. Working at a pawn shop at times can become stressful.

My advice to management would be to listen to your assistant managers as much as you listen to the store managers.

Cash America International is a great place to work, with an extremely competent management team and group of employees.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst - Past Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst - Past Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cash America

Pros

There are many great things to say about working at CAI. They range from employee input to changes that happen around the company, to a very competant management team, to free covered parking and a free full employee excercise facility in the building...complete with free weithts, bikes, treadmills, a Universal and even showers.
    CAI also used the latest in system technology.

Cons

Probably the only complaint I had about working at Cash America is that the water in the lunchrooms was "tap" water, and not "bottled", or even "filtered". It tasted fine nonetheless.

Get bottled water! It may just cut down on your insurance, and this is a good thing because you are self insured.

Product Knowledge

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Pawn Broker in South Seattle, WA

I worked at Cash America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved that I fit so well in the office culture. Made me motivated to do more than my part of the daily tasks. Everyone is held accountable and that's the type of work environment I look for. I worked with a family. I worked throughout my entire time being pregnant and in school, and I earned every accomplishment. The best perks were the company gatherings, and the laughs.

Cons

Some challenges are having multiple difficult conversations with customers, it was also the best way I learned how to come out of my personal shell. Some other difficult things were motivating your coworkers for a more efficient way to get the job done.

I wished there was more concrete networking involved. I looked up to the upper managers. I wished I gotten some pointers or more of an insight to how they've been so successful and what it means on a personal level. Since I left, I wished had his business card and wondered if he even remembers me.

Pretty ok Job

I have been working at Cash America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexable hours, closed on sunday, great benifits, willing to promote within. Never stop learning technology and jewlery.

Cons

Really don't have any cons to say.