Cash Converters

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cash Converters Non-Executive Chairman Reginald Webb

Reginald Webb

Good

Personal Finance Consultant (Former Employee) Australia (Mexico)

ProsRelaxing
    Work in different areas for retail and pawnbroking

ConsVery little career progression
    Tough customers at times

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter management is needed

Personal Finance operator, Coolangatta Qld

Personal Finance Advisor (Former Employee) Coolangatta, Queensland (Australia)

ProsI loved the clients that I met, and the relationship I built with them. It was evident that this was the main reason I expanded the business by 50% in the time I was there.

ConsNo respect for staff or regard for work/life balance. 38 hour contract, but expectation to work 43 plus hours per week for no additional pay. Further hours required for additional activities, but only rewarded with time in lieu, which deprives employees of overtime rates and additional contributions Super Fund. Being a 7 day operation there was never 2 days off. No opportunities to advance. Inequitable bonus system that does not reward hard work and penalises those that grow their stores business

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is poor morale in many of your stores because State management seem to regard staff as an expendable commodity, and unnecessary expense. Less staff leads to numerous failings in each store, 1) over work of staff, 2) greater risk of theft due to low retail staff, (poor security), 3)poor service to clients due to long wait times for clients due to low staff numbers (Finance and buys and loans), 4) loss of opportunities due to lack of staff to follow up on loan bank and dormant/delinquent clients, 5) loss of client confidence for Finance and Buys and Loans clients due to staff turnover. Your staff are your greatest assett. Not your enemy!, a bit of respect, and appreciation of staff that are working hard to build your business would go a long way.

Hard work no reward

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet some discount on the items, doesn't close too late

ConsWork hard and get nowhere. No chance to progress. No reward for the hard work you do unless in management

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the staff better and provide them with more support and opportunities

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

let down

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosyou think you can get somewhere when they hire you

Consthey drop you , no cares bout your family life/hours. No glass for protection.

Advice to Senior Managementtoo bossy and not involved

a better place to shop

Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEvery day different, lots of different services that appeal to a wide range of people.
    Busy and fast moving retailer

ConsCan sometimes have to deal with rude customers who are in stressful situations

Basically just listing items for the Cash Converters Webshop.

Webshop Administrator (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

ProsManagement treat you like a peer, less micro-managing than most retail

ConsHigh staff turnover can make the environment uncomfortable

Advice to Senior ManagementAccept that it is a retail chain, and you will be satisfied.

Worked for Cash Converters? Contribute to the Community!