Cash Converters Reviews

Cash Converters Non-Executive Chairman Reginald Webb
Reginald Webb

Sales

I worked at Cash Converters full-time

Pros

Get store credit all the time

Cons

They expect you to work all the time and aren't flexible with school or family events

2. Personal Finance, Retail

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at Cash Converters full-time

Pros

The only pro is that it is a job that will give you a wage.

Cons

(My review is for the corporate stores across Australia) They are a very unethical company that does not care about the safety of it's employees. They drive their workers into the ground, with many employees becoming sick, burnt out or having to leave. The stress factor and bullying of management is rampant. They do not adhere to their ethical advertisements of responsible lending within the personal finance section. They actually encourage workers to give customers multiple loans, with many of these customers having two personal loans, a cash advance and goods in hock all at the same time. They move their employees from store to store and do not care about the distance they have to travel. My advice is to avoid this company and find something else. It is just not worth it.

Advice to Management

You need to care for your employees welfare and especially their safety. Stop allowing abusive customers back into your stores. Take into account your employees different personal needs when transferring them to another store. Extend your breaks to give employees extra time to re-balance during the work day. Think about how cruel it is to get low income customers into more debt by lending them more than they can afford. Most of all you need to value your employees as human beings and not treat them like production line expendable robots.

3. All Rounder

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indooroopilly (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indooroopilly (Australia)

I worked at Cash Converters full-time

Pros

Some co-workers were great, job itself was interesting, learned how to deal with difficult people.

Cons

Terrible environment to work in, management were bullies and utterly rude, no work/life balance, 38hr work week which often was up to 50 - extra time unpaid and no time in lieu, virtually no rewards for amount of work you do unless in management, all pressure on staff as management passed the buck, says they follow 'company values' but that could not be further from the truth. If I could give this place ZERO STARS I would!! STAY AWAY FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!!!

PFC Manager

Pros

uncapped commission on exceeding targets

Cons

Very poor management by high level. unethical approach towards employees. cut pay from my wages for no reason and can fire you anytime they wish. constantly living on the edge. will be expected to do alot of work that isnt in your job description.

Advice to Management

look after your employees

If i could rate it zero, I would

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Cash Converters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're working with a range of interesting products and you learn how items are valued. Honestly that was the most interesting part of the job and the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Pay is not great, management was extremely poor and unprofessional, training was practically non existent, existing staff are very cliquey and unwelcoming hence high staff turnover, they take advantage of customers in financial difficulties, they get upset if you take the length of break you're entitled to, a lot of two faced people who go and bad mouth you to other staff members and management. I could say much more but I'll stop there

Advice to Management

Be professional!!! Learn some organisational skills!!!

Great team to work with, senior management irrelevant and policies need to be more rewarding for successful stores

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Werribee, Victoria (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Werribee, Victoria (Australia)

I worked at Cash Converters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers are from all walks and have the common problem of lacking income due to habits or unemployment. Store Management quite flexible and understanding. Willing to collaborate and hard working store managers who never are rewarded.

Cons

Disciplinary processes need to be adhered to. upper and exec management need to recognise the abuse and negativity front line staff receive daily. Initiatives to ensure customer abuse has no flow on effect to employee life need to be implemented.

Advice to Management

Hire upper management who can relate to workers. Revert to old bonus system as current process has been deliberately designed with criteria that render targets and thus rewards impossible to attain. Your front line staff cop the majority of decisions made by exec team. Hard working branches that make the most part of revenues paid the same as stores that complete 2-5 deals a day. Completely unfair.

not pretty

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cash Converters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great work colleagues to work alongside with

Cons

challenging behaviours within the company structure

Personal Finance operator, Coolangatta Qld

Former Employee - Personal Finance Advisor in Coolangatta, Queensland (Australia)

I worked at Cash Converters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the clients that I met, and the relationship I built with them. It was evident that this was the main reason I expanded the business by 50% in the time I was there.

Cons

No respect for staff or regard for work/life balance. 38 hour contract, but expectation to work 43 plus hours per week for no additional pay. Further hours required for additional activities, but only rewarded with time in lieu, which deprives employees of overtime rates and additional contributions Super Fund. Being a 7 day operation there was never 2 days off. No opportunities to advance. Inequitable bonus system that does not reward hard work and penalises those that grow their stores business

Advice to Management

There is poor morale in many of your stores because State management seem to regard staff as an expendable commodity, and unnecessary expense. Less staff leads to numerous failings in each store, 1) over work of staff, 2) greater risk of theft due to low retail staff, (poor security), 3)poor service to clients due to long wait times for clients due to low staff numbers (Finance and buys and loans), 4) loss of opportunities due to lack of staff to follow up on loan bank and dormant/delinquent clients, 5) loss of client confidence for Finance and Buys and Loans clients due to staff turnover. Your staff are your greatest assett. Not your enemy!, a bit of respect, and appreciation of staff that are working hard to build your business would go a long way.

Hard work no reward

Pros

Get some discount on the items, doesn't close too late

Cons

Work hard and get nowhere. No chance to progress. No reward for the hard work you do unless in management

Advice to Management

Treat the staff better and provide them with more support and opportunities

let down

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cash Converters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

you think you can get somewhere when they hire you

Cons

they drop you , no cares bout your family life/hours. No glass for protection.

Advice to Management

too bossy and not involved

RSS Feed </> Embed