Cash Store

Could be worse

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cash Store

Pros

Good pay and incentives. Room to move up. Upper management is helpful and always available for questions

Cons

Six day work weeks and working a one person store makes it hard to get time off to go to the doctor or other appointments. High turn over rate

Create a schedule that guarantees employees have time they need to care for themselves and family

Some good, some bad

Current Employee - District Manager in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - District Manager in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Cash Store

Pros

Pay, benefits, experience, room to grow within the company and they prefer to grow from within.

Cons

Dangers that come with working with large amounts of cash, changes happen quickly and there is no time allowed for adjustment

Good money, long days

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cash Store

Pros

Great pay, easy work

Cons

6 day work week. Slow days.

Good pay to start is about the only good thing

Former Employee - ASM
    Former Employee - ASM

I worked at Cash Store full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay, most of the work is easy

Cons

Micromanaging, split days off, bad hours, company is trying to create a culture of fear

You'll like the people, not what you do

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hudson, WI
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Hudson, WI

I worked at Cash Store full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, with regular increases based on time worked, not skill level
    Every Sunday off
    Continual training and skill development
    Friendly, positive superiors
    Benefits offered after 1 year

Cons

Hours worked can be a drag (Mon-Sat 9am - 7pm)
    Heavy Collection aspect
    Open on Saturdays
    must offer high interest loan to financially at risk people

I think the company likes to advertise and believe that collections isn't a big part of a workers day. After being there a couple weeks you quickly realize that most of your day is spent on the phone, leaving messages, attempting to collect from delinquent customers. You call the same delinquent customers everyday and it becomes dull. That is downplayed in the interview process.

You could do much worse

I worked at Cash Store

Pros

Salary, getting to know the customers, management was always available to me

Cons

6 day work week is not ideal

Just because "They Can"

I worked at Cash Store

Pros

A good safe work place, work is plenty and it keeps you busy during your work hours. You get paid on time every time. All the supply are provided to every employee to work of course!
    Constant feedback is provided to most employees. That's the best I can think for Pros..

Cons

I don't how to put it in cons but if you are going to your job with the fear of that you may not be having this job tomorrow or not. Is it worth it? Yeah you have THE job but for how long? Even if you are best in work and do it diligently every day,if you still don't feel SAFE.that your could lose it or some one can take this away from you. Just because "THEY CAN". I don't think it's right for any to take away anyone's job because they can.

They all are smart intelligent people you all don't need any advice. But I will pray to God for all of us that hope there is a day that I will look back and thank you guys for letting me go and start new life somewhere else.

Good pay, awful environment

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cash Store full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Above average pay; rapid advancement

Cons

Long hours; subpar staffing; unobtainable incentive targets; repeated allowance of employees arriving late w/out consequence; unreasonable terminations; lack of concern for employee safety (mandatory work during dangerous road conditions, school cancelations, "working" w/no electricity during below freezing temps w/6+" of snow); strict 7 hr/week overtime policy causes employees to work off the clock or the SM has to "eat" the time by reducing their hours worked to make up for the ASM overtime.

Care more about your employees & their families.

This company bites the big one!!

Former Employee - District Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Cash Store

Pros

The pay. Thats honestly the only thing I can think of. But then, thats how they sucker you in

Cons

There is NO job security at all. You are micromanaged beyond belief! Upper mgmt never has anything good to say, they only tell you what you're doing wrong. Very poor work environment. If your store is not meeting its monthly budget targets, they blame it on you and will fire you at any given notice when you dont even know there's a problem. Absolutely no job security. If you are looking for a career that you can retire from, then keep looking, because this place sure isn't it.

Do your job! Dont sit there on your pedestals from the corporate office and take field mgrs words for things. Get in there more often and see for yourselves. Investigate. Talk to store level employees. They are the ones who do all the work....NOT YOU! If it weren't for them, you wouldn't HAVE a job. Employees need to knoe they MATTER, and not be afraid of being fired just because their immediate supervisor doesnt like them.

Great pay!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Cash Store

Pros

Best paycheck I have ever had. Plus the incentives were nice. The training.

Cons

The amounts of calls you make get to be a little frustrating because no one ever wants to talk to you. Hardest part for me was that I worked alone in my store. People are curious by nature about security in the location. Granted my store was a slow store, I still don't believe anyone in that career field should work alone!!!! Working the 47 hours a week, without a lunch break also began to tear me up. The overtime is a bonus!!!! BUT, It wears on you quickly. I know it's not a state law but a lunch break would be nice. Being such a slow store I was hoping I would've been able to close for a break but no such luck. Being that you are the face of The Cash Store you take a lot of vulgar language from customers.

The DM and RM I had were both great. I really enjoyed them. My DM did a great job training but I think just throwing the employee into a store alone was a little shocking. The one thing I totally disagree with is your policy and strict watch on "returns" The frowning on return numbers is very hard to control and very stressful. Can't set everyone up for success. I know it's all policy, I get that. Anywho, the management I had was great!!