CashEdge

Sanjeev Dheer

Great company, great people

Former Employee - Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at CashEdge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, great people, great products

Cons

Conservative management style, Needs to be more aggressive

Minor League Company in a Major League Valley

Current Employee - Customer Support in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at CashEdge full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home privileges after approval from immediate manager, monthly fun events (took the place of Friday breakfast), 18 sick/PTO days for all employees, work-life balance is OK.

Cons

Management treats employees like children, medical benefits are minimal (bare minimum to disqualify anyone from Affordable Care Act, but for High Deductible Health Plan, majority of the deductible is employee's responsibility, PPO option costs are high), constant re-orgs and revolving door of management and employees, office culture is laid back but client issues are not often easily solved because of high turn over rates and internal processes can be slow or conflicting.

Train management so they are not condescending to employees, offer better benefits and more training for employees beyond what clients are offered to reduce turn over.

I would not recommend working here

I have been working at CashEdge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

we did get free snacks and bagels sometimes

Cons

everything other than the above mentioned snacks and bagels

Decent product, poor execution, even poorer management

I have been working at CashEdge

Pros

Location, colleagues, ample parking, I really can't think of anything else

Cons

Management group in our team are the wrong people for the job, they treat people like children, talk to them like children and there's a complete lack of trust, fairness, recognition, autonomy. Let's not even talk about benefits package. Countless meeting to arrange another meeting or to talk about topics that have been already discussed in various other meetings and months later, still no resolution.

While most of the Silicon Valley tech companies are showering their employees with simple things like free soda and free snacks, we're still stuck with vending machines, friday breakfast (same thing again and again and again and again...there are other restaurants out there you know?) and DIY 90's style coffee pump pot (had to look up what that thing's called). Ok, we have one coffee machine...one to share amongst 200+ employees, it gets really crowded in the morning! Throw away everything you know about ergonomics because the new workstations are just poorly built so you'll get back aches, carpal tunnel, everything.

I could go on but I've spent enough time off the clock thinking about this place.

Treat your people like adults, not children, not machines. Give recognition where recognition is due. Be fair, trust and allow flexibility; at the rate you're going, people are burnt out.

Not Employee friendly environment

I have been working at CashEdge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good and smart people
    new technology

Cons

Bad Management,
    Long Work hours witthout getting paid much

Look after your employees

Good product but don't make money

Former Employee - Team Lead in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at CashEdge

Pros

Get online banking working experience.

Cons

Team cooperation to get product done at good quality.

Improve product to make money.

“Utter chaos, dysfunction, and a monarchy style of management stifles the creativity and expertise of employees”

I have been working at CashEdge

Pros

Paycheck, colleagues, nice TV, clean bathrooms.

Cons

This is by far one of the most asininely run companies I have ever worked for. Example of management style: "Sooo, I read a few chapters in this book last night and we're going to change the way we do things". The middle managers have no clue what their doing, the senior management is just as bad. Here's a classic example of their mentality: "We want to build this product but we don't know exactly what we want it to do, we don't have the business infrastructure to release it, we don't have the development expertise to build it, and we really don't know how we're going to market it. While we're at it, we want to structure a team around building it even though we don't even have the know how. Oh, and we're going to approach the development of this in an traditional software way only we're really only saying that's what we're doing but we're really just going to do it our way instead." Sounds like a great business model and very well thought out. Wish I could build a business around that and make money doing it.

This place is the walking dead on the product side; I've never seen an entire team of employees looking as pale and un-inspired as in this place. They're brought in with their expertise yet the management has no way on how to maximize their potential and utilize that talent but it makes for great scapegoats when things fail. The only thing the product managers manage is to keep quiet and they can keep their jobs. The product team spends over half their time arguing or attempting to justify their positions to less experienced middle management and in the end middle management will just say "they disagree" and then more meetings have to take place to decide what's next. Market data is totally ignored or discarded in any business decision and management opinion is really what counts.

The company CEO has a closed door policy is unapproachable to ideas or suggestions from anyone aside from his direct reports. He keeps his entourage close in New York but his staff in California are out of touch and in the dark about all the happenings in the company He makes no effort to communicate with his indirect staff outside of his quarterly ra ra meeting, and middle management makes it very clear that you need to go through them and you're not allowed to communicate with him directly.

They have no clue how to structure a teams for maximum output and efficiency. Their working motto is let's have a meeting to have a meeting to have yet another meeting before we actually make any decisions. And in the end, the opinions of the managers outweigh the experience and expertise of the employees.

It's amazing they've survived this long.

Good Luck and Stay private. If you go public and have to answer to a board, about 80% of your management team would just be eliminated.

good work and team

I have been working at CashEdge

Pros

-- Company has good product line and vision
    -- talented pool of resource
    -- Ping Pong table
    -- you can maintain balance between work and personal life, depending on your team ofcourse.
    -- good company to work with.

Cons

--need to improve the performance structure . They are taking corrective actions now... hope they continue in the right direction.
    -- max 2 week holidays in a row...

Thanks for taking steps for performance review process. keep up the work on this direction.
    good communication with the employees in the key.

Cashedge - Strong Product but zero Leadership Qualities.

Former Employee - Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at CashEdge

Pros

Industry experience. Cashedge has good knowledge in Payments Industry and its functioning.

Cons

Senior Management seriously lacks leadership capabilities. Most people in senior positions (director and above) are over-promoted and lack basic leadership and project management skills. As a result, many competent senior employees have chosen to leave the firm. Management is well aware that employee morale is very low but does not want to address the issue.

The company is very used to slipping deadlines. When employees leave, Management is not bothered as they know they can slip another set of deadlines and be okay.

People managers should be advised to take formal training in Leadership and Project Management.

Only here because the economy is bad

Current Employee - Fraud Detection Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Fraud Detection Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at CashEdge

Pros

Casual environment. Employees under my general department are nice and competent. Salary for my position is decent. Benefits start on first day of employment. Stock options - although, not public yet. Has new products; potential for growth.

Cons

Only 3 weeks PTO total. No raises/cost of living increases. Bonuses are uncertain, not sufficient and it is not made clear how they decide who receives it. Company does not contribute to 401k. Communication within department and company is terrible. Company has been saying for a long time that they are going public "soon" but has not happened yet.
    Company is very unorganized with processes and procedures! Training is poor. In "start-up" mode after 10 yrs. Always uncertain about how company is really doing.
    When economy picks up, the turn over rate will be likely be very high like it was a few yrs back. Seems very top heavy with too many managers is each department.
    Would not recommend working here unless desperate for a job. Morale is low.

Find new jobs. Cashedge is too much of a mess for you to be a good manager.