Cashcall

Updated Jun 5, 2014

J Paul Reddan

grinder

Loan Agent (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Proswork long hours and do some work and you can make money

Conslong hours and forget about vacation unless you wanna make minimum wage

CashCall

ProsGreat compensation. Bonuses are well structured and allow you to make 6 figures if the market is right

ConsNot many employee benefits. A lot of turnover and re-structuring

Chaos in the making

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prospromotions are plenty, employee benefits are good

ConsThings change on a daily basis, too many items that must be verified with customer otherwise fail call

Advice to Senior ManagementLet new employees the real story of what they are getting hired for and for what hours,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity for work experience, but that's about it!

Consumer Loan Agent (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThe earning potential for commission was there
    Perfect opportunity to gain experience in finance

ConsCorporate politics restricting your earning potential
    Poor Communication from management to employee's
    No work life balance whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employee's and help them to perform to your expectations. That way they are not wasting their life away working blindly.

Great pay, great people

Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsVery good salary and bonuses for Sr Loan Processors. Never micro-managed and always had helpful, friendly managers. The underwriters and funders were always helpful and willing to educate you, if needed. Casual dress code. If you were a top producer, they gave you home access. Files moved quickly and easily a majority of the time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was catered to employees the last two weeks of every month.

ConsWorked long hours in order to achieve goals but, for the pay, it was WELL worth it.

Great pay but long hours

Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsGreat pay and great people that I worked with. End of the month, the company always provided us meals

ConsLong hours in order to make bonuses, no OT, stressful environment to perform

Fun, upbeat, friendly yet long hours

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsGreat salary, fun people to work with, very fast paced, dynamic. Hiring process is very easy. Close loans much faster than other lenders. Free meals 2nd half of the month for everyone, and other perks if you make it to the platinum club. Did I mention cash bonuses all the time?

ConsVery long hours especially toward month end. Big layoffs are not unusual depending on the interest rate cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair play for all employees not just a few of the favorites.

CashCall, largely a mortgage company, is as volatile as the housing market

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsCashCall offers much higher-than-average salaries, free foods/drinks every Friday, great workplaces (new buildings), bonuses, great support to get jobs done

ConsMortgage industry is very cyclical. A lot of overtime at the end of the month, as most of the loans close

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement provides resources to get jobs done, reasonable goals

Took incoming calls and discussed the possibility of refinancing their mortgage. Interest rates affect your production.

Loan Agent (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsFrom time to time they have good bonuses and they offer a company vehicle to use for the weekend if you are the winner of a particular contest. They have many positions within the company so that if interest rates on mortgages rise, you can switch over to their personal loan department as well as many other positions such as collections

ConsVery long hours. Most people work 50+ hours weekly. Not uncommon to work 60 or 70 hours a week

Advice to Senior ManagementNot any

This company is a revolving door kind of company to work for. Horrible place to work.

Loan Processor - Retail (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThey had a great bonus structure if you closed enough loans.

ConsIf you do not produce enough, please know you will lose your job in a couple of months. There is no stability working at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees. Communicate more and help your team succeed than looking out only for yourselves.

Worked for Cashcall? Contribute to the Community!