Cask

www.cask.co

Cask Reviews

5.0

CEO

Great atmosphere with a terrific work/life balance

Current Employee - Web Developer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Cask full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- The company is growing rapidly, and the path forward seems very clearly defined
    - Great work/life balance. I'm able to work from home if I have a doctor's appointment or something else going on close to home
    - The morale is high and I feel appreciated. I can go to work knowing I'm not entering a toxic environment
    - I'm getting the chance to work alongside some ridiculously intelligent people and learn from them
    - Brand new Retina MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt display waiting on my desk when I walked in on my first day

Cons

The pace of growth is a bit faster than I was expecting, so the day-to-day can be stressful at times.

Growth is never a bad thing, but it should happen in a healthy and organized fashion. It's imperative to have the right amount of resources on the payroll to keep up with business needs, or eventually productivity will suffer.

Software Engineer @ Continuuity

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Cask full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Highly experienced people with big hearts, passionate about ideas they are working on.
    Flat organization creates open culture and a great opportunity to learn by challenging yourself at different levels: you get chance to work on some of the most complex stuff even if you don't have 10+ years prior experience and don't hold a title of "Super Senior Principal Architect of Everything".
    Everyone in engineering team is hands-on. No "talkers", only "doers".

Cons

At times could be noisy in the office. Processes are not solidified yet, so you can still experience some extra effort required close to release dates and deadlines.

Keep on hiring great people. Work on processes.

Cask Photos