Cass Information Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cass Information Systems CEO and Director Eric H. Brunngraber

Eric H. Brunngraber

Excellent company to land at and stay with

Senior Internet Information Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cass Information Systems full-time

ProsI've had only good experiences so far with coworkers and the environment. Compensation is very good, with a profit sharing plan that's been doing well as the company is itself doing very well. Work/life balance is incredibly great, with a pretty generous amount of PTO and nice flexibility offered by managers.

ConsThere could be more interaction and information sharing. We have a SharePoint site, but it sits pretty barren. When making changes to an older app, you'll usually have to spend a long while hunting down the person who is actually familiar with it, if anyone is still around that remembers it at all. Also, devs are currently spread out, and in cubes, so interaction isn't very common. This last bit should be changing though, as the building is being renovated and we'll all be moved together.

Out with the Old, In with the Young

Mid Lever Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cass Information Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMostly good folks to work with. Seems to be a growing company. Benefits are not outstanding but not bad either. Bonus plan is nice if you make the cut.

ConsI was there 14 years with a good salary, good reviews and never had a problem with the folks I worked with until a trumped up charge was placed against me. The charge was thrown out by the Missouri Commission on Human Rights. How can a company just let a person after many years of loyal service and a clean record! If you are over 50 here you may experience something similar....watch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I say except experienced professionals are not a dime a dozen and should be retained for a long ime.

Great people and company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cass Information Systems

ProsWork from home, great pay, flexability

ConsPick up/drop off schedules of workload, ALOT to learn in a short amount of time!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it so that you don't have to drive to and from to pick up paperwork make it all sent via email seems how everything is already scanned into the system!

Great environment for broadening your skill sets and building business relationships.

Client Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cass Information Systems full-time

ProsWork-life balance
Autonomy (work from home options)
Tuition reimbursement
Friendly workplace environment

ConsIT/Project Management issues
Limited Programming resources
Some travel
Vague/undefined standards for evaluation and promotion

Let's be honest, every business culture has its issues and areas to improve, but it seems that the pros outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to formalize processes and workflows, especially when it comes to project life-cycle and inter-departmental responsibilities. Allow coordinators/managers to manage processes, instead of micro-manage projects and initiatives.

Great at the beginning. Awful toward the end.

Client Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cass Information Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNo pros to working here

ConsVery old boy network. No upward mobility unless you were friends with the boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of a lot of the managers that are there now and start fresh.

Entry level employees receive substandard wages and offsite data entry people do not receive yearly salary increases.

Data Entry/Pay Freight Bill Invoices (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cass Information Systems part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey offer positions to people who desire to work from home.
There are performance based bonuses paid to their employees during the year.

ConsThey show little regard toward their entry level employees when it comes to wages and salary increases.

Offsite Data Entry Clerks have to purchase and provide their own equipment to do the work provided by Cass Information Systems.

Offsite Data Entry Clerks are not entitled to annual salary increases according to their personnel guidelines.

Offsite Data Entry Clerks do not receive any fringe benefits such as paid holidays or insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a fair and just wage to your entry level employees including giving them fair salary increases which will help them to thrive and provide for their families and children.

A great company to build a career with and very family-oriented.

Data Entry Operator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cass Information Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLots of activities for employees to help build a community around the work environment.
Very comfortable work space.
Excellent compensation and benefits.

ConsNothing particular to this company.

Advice to Senior Management_

Not for the yonger crowd.

I have been working at Cass Information Systems

ProsGood work life balance, low expectations on performance. Good bonus'.

ConsNo upward mobility. Good old boy culture... stress "old".

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer cross training opportunities.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Cass Information Systems

ProsCass truly cares about the people that work for it - they treat people with respect and have a long term perspective when dealing with employees. The people side is why people stay at Cass, but they also have a nice consistent growth trajectory which creates more opportunities.

ConsCass is a smaller company so the career paths like those at larger companies don't exist, however Cass does a good job of promoting from within and creating opportunites for people.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up - you have created a stable working environment that has created loyalty and people honestly want Cass as a whole to succeed

Small company with good benefits, great job security, and competent and considerate staff throughout all levels

Client Account Representative I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cass Information Systems

ProsDespite being a small company, Cass has seen consistent growth over the last 20 years. Management has made great business decisions, acquisitions, and investments, while avoiding the risks that have affected so many other financial services companies. The business model is safe but extremely effective, and they have positioned themselves in a market niches that are relatively safe from economic downturn. And despite that buffer, they have continued to find new ways to make their processes more efficient, more modern, more visible, and more useful.

The employees are kind and sociable, even in the production environment areas that more closely resemble an assembly line than a financial service organization. The pension is a nice benefit and the 401k match is reasonable.

Finally, the staff work hard to keep the work-place atmosphere accepting and friendly. They have an annual Christmas party, Halloween costume and pumpkin carving contests, company-wide contests, and various other events throughout the year.

ConsThe primary function at Cass is as a third-party bill-processing company. This means that there is a lot of clerical work in almost every area of employment--so it can get kind of boring on a day-to-day basis.

The company is not very "green".

Also, there is very little turnover in personnel. They pride themselves on keeping employees for years--many of the employees have been here for 20 years or more. This ties in to the job security, but it also means that the average age is probably over 50 years old. Additionally, there is a high percentage of smokers. These two facts combined with the small size of the company are clearly reflected in the cost of insurance. A company with a lower average age and fewer smokers would have significantly better insurance premiums.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing an exceptional job. The continued push for innovation, particularly in the paperless initiatives and the establishment of the utilities division, is just one more sign of the long-term business model that has served this company so well.

---------
There should be a stronger push for simple "green" practices. The amount of paper that could be recycled, but is instead thrown away, is astounding. Not only is it bad for the environment, but it also leaves the company susceptible to disclosure of sensitive information. It would be too easy to implement a stronger policy toward discarding paper, and I assume we already have a contract with a company that shreds and recycles sensitive documents.

Along the same lines, computers should be powered off completely overnight instead of simply locked. It's not only a cost and energy saving solution, but Windows is less prone to errors if it is reset on a regular basis. Finally, each flat screen monitor that is left on all the time costs approximately $1.50 per month. That number multiplied across the entire company can be significant.

Worked for Cass Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cass Information Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cass Information Systems CEO Eric H. Brunngraber. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Cass Information Systems employees.