Cassanos Pizza

Updated October 10, 2014
Updated October 10, 2014

CEO

So far, so...okay

Current Employee - Call Center Representative - Customer Service Representative in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just started working here this year.
    PROS:
    Great mostly-friendly environment.
    Allowed to read and text and stuff like that while you wait to do orders.
    Easy place to make friends.
    Understandable if things happen, like medical or family emergency, stuff like that.

Cons

CONS:
    Minimum wage, stuck unless you become manager which I really don't see myself doing.
    25% discount is a little dainty, should be more for the emotional toll and stress the place can bring to ya, trust me.
    To be quite honest, it sometimes feels like High School in the call center, still have those little cliques and I dunno, you just really see the people spread thin.
    You can become friends with managers or other CSR's but it really just is a High School computer class where we just take orders and talk from time to time waiting for a call, wish it was more...dunno, bright and happy, it's bright in the literal sense. But it's so drab in all reality cause the cubicle is basically a padded prison cell with carpet and wood.
    You have to follow pretty much a script given to you that you learn pretty easily but forget something and your monitory score goes down quite fast and that's not good. You get a CSR report at the end of every month, best not to use too much pause time and/or such stuff.

Keep up the hard work.
    Work harder into understanding more about your CSR's.
    Put more oomph in your step.
    If people screw up cause they don't follow the "script", give them a damn break.

Over all a good company

Former Employee - Manager in Troy, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Troy, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions are good as long as you are a good worker.

Cons

Hours are crazy if you are a manager. Someone may call off and you work from open to close on multiple occasions.

Overall bad experience.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Kettering, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Kettering, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to sit down. And you can have your phone, books or a tablet out since there really isnt anything else to do but take Orders.
    They have a somewhat good training program your first 4 days, that was nice.
    If you want 40 hours, it is possible for you to get it. That's honestly the only good thing

Cons

This is a family company, and the really unfortunate thing is that the Cassanos really don't care about their employees. Working at the Call Center you would think they would have a little more of a presence. We were never introduced, and the few times I saw them they just seemed smug and rude.

This is for for the call center, as I never worked in a store. First, pay is really greedy. They do not give you raises, ever. They also don't offer direct deposit, and you have to wait until after 2p every Friday to even get your check. Really difficult when you live paycheck to paycheck, which making minimum wage you are obviously struggling. The call center is pretty gross, the computers are very outdated, bugs get in and will bit the crap out of you.

You really are going nowhere in this job, possible advancement to Call Center Management with a $1 raise. After that there is really nowhere to go.

Have more of a presence with your employees, especially when the call center employees actually work at the Corporate Office. You are a family company, why not make your employees feel like apart of the family instead of being cold and distant? Offer more incentives and quit being so cheap, lack of Direct Deposit in 2014 is really just rude. Make sure your management are on top of it, you have high turnover for a reason.

Easy job, nice people

Former Employee - General Manager in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For a restaurant management job the hours are not bad. 45 to 50 a week with 2 days off and paid 2 week vacation that increases over time. Managers in training start at $500/week paid bi-weekly.

Cons

The training is not standard from one location to the next and you may have to travel 45 to 50 minutes for the 6 week training period.

Family business in transition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close family atmosphere, pretty simple to make pizza all day, advancement chances are there

Cons

It's a family business so you can only go so far, the family (in my experience with them) is a true italian family and that means tempers and anger sometimes

Overall management has responded well to change and market conditions. As I said though, they are authentic italians and it is a family business so the bottom line is, it's their ball and their court and that limits the company into decisions that aren't always for the best of the company but for the best of the family. Overall I feel like most of the corporate group are qualified for what they do but sometimes as I said, you are going to see a decision that damages the company to better the family.

Great place to work, good money

Current Employee - Driver in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Driver in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza

Pros

The job is much more interesting and fun than your typical food service or retail position. If you are a student this is the PERFECT part time job.

You don't need a lot of hours to make good money. You are paid minimum wage, plus $1.50 per delivery you do, plus your tips. While you generally spend a lot more money than other jobs would into your car, you make enough from the above to counter-act that. As a somewhat new driver, I get anywhere between about 16-24 hours a week on average. With those hours, my paycheck, commision, and tips nets me anywhere from $200 to $380 per week depending on how good business is and how generous your tippers are. Our fastest and best driver in my store (who has been working there for years and works full time) makes about $500 a week. You get a paycheck weekly by the way. So the pay is good.

The job consists of basically driving around in circles listening to music so it's not very difficult if you play it right, but you MUST put your back into it. Don't drive slow, focus on good customer service, and do your duties at the store when you arn't on deliveries otherwise your experience will be much poorer than mine.

I had a really good manager who actually knew how to make all the pizzas, prepare food, etc and would let you do anything (from taking smoke breaks to making your own food) IF you proved yourself as a good employee. If you were bad, he wasn't afraid to let you know and if you did a good job he would let you know too. He expected greatness and wasn't afraid of replacing you should you not put your back into it. But if you did, he respected you and gave you the freedom you would want.

The hours themselfare great. Unless you are hired as a daytime driver you'll be garunteed to work 5p-9p (or 5-10) on normal shifts, and if you close 5p-1a on average, at least at my store.

Cons

You almost always are garunteed to work on the weekends, and if you don't you'll make make much much less. Calling off work for your weekend shifts is pretty much garunteeing you won't make money that week and isn't seen as a good thing by upper management. Again though good news is that if you are an evening driver you won't be going in for work till 5 anyways and only be working till 9-10p unless you close.

If the shift manager sucks or the managment is bad it can be painful to work for. Good thing you'll be outside the store delivering pizzas for about half your shift though.

If you aren't delivering, and business is slow, it can be pretty boring. Opening shifts are LONG and BORING. If you open, you'll work 10am-8pm on average, and between 80% of that shift you'll be lucky to get more than 5 deliveries.

You pay for your own gas, and your own car maintanace. While the commission you get offsets this slightly, it's still worth mentioning if your car has slightly poor gas mileage or you constantly have to send it to the shop.

It can take a while to learn the streets, unless you have a GPS. This is normal and expected but my somewhat long delivery times when I first started because of that almost cost me my job.

Frequent turnover of managers, at least at my store.

Schedules are released the week of. Compared to my old job where you got your schedule two weeks in advance, this made it so planning around my work schedule can be hard at times. I.E. schedules arn't released till mon/tues, for the days of thursday-to-weds of that work week.

Keep up the good work. Although my store's management has just turned over to another manager from another store, and I'm not sure how he will do compaired to my excellent old manager, what I described in my "pros" list is exactly what I wanted to see from management. Someone who knows what they are doing, and who isn't afraid of giving you feedback. And if you do good, they reward you with freedom and trust.

Good Place To Work

Former Employee - Driver in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Driver in Springfield, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza

Pros

I worked for Cassanos for a year and had no problems working there. The best part of my job was the extra money from tips.

Cons

Like any other part time job there are no benefits but that is to be expected. I have nothing bad to say about the company.

It would have been a great experience for me as a driver is I did not have ot pay for my own car insurance.

Ok work poor management

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza part-time

Pros

Good mo ney to drive
    flexible h ours
    fun at times
    most of the employees are fun to work with

Cons

60+ years in business and still everyday there is a change to how everything is made or put together. Pay will never go up. Very poor management skills from the DM's down. I got hired as fulltime now I dont get even close to 25 hours a week.

Make a policy and stick to it, company wide! I will work at one store and things will be done one way and go another and it will be done completely different

It is what it is

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza

Pros

Easy job, not much responsibility.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage, and raises are frozen.

Pay your employees more,