Cassidy Turley

www.cassidyturley.com

Cassidy Turley Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014

Cassidy Turley CEO Joseph Stettinius Jr.
Joseph Stettinius Jr.

Pros
  • Fun atmosphere, good people, decent pay (in 5 reviews)

• Market leader, largest privately held commercial real estate firm in the country (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unless you are one of the "chosen ones" from upper management, don't expect your career to go anywhere (in 6 reviews)

• Good people are being forced out and being replaced by mediocre talent (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I would rather be unemployed then work here again

Current Employee - Client Accountant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Client Accountant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Cassidy Turley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the staff is very nice, and that's about it

Cons

I had a death in the family, and they wouldn't let me take off to travel for funeral arrangements, the managers are not available for any questions (all doors are closed), the pay is bad, long days working on tedious tasks, and my training lasted a womping 3 minutes

Open your door more than 2 minutes a day to help out

Is there a future for this company?

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relatively good benefits. Ability to work independently because many managers don't know their subordinants job. Great co-workers.

Cons

CT is a revolving door. Good co-workers and managers don't stay long. Sr. Management seems focussed on systems and procedures but you're inundated with reports and checklists and can't get the real work done. Training for new employees in nonexistent. CT seems to grow by acquisition but then fire all the good people they acquire which leaves sattelite office understaffed and underperforming. Worked in a regional office for two years and never met any company execs. If they came to town it was in and out without as much as a coffee break with the staff to see them. My regional office was looked down on as a market dominant company.

You better start communicating with the employees and help them understand the vision and make them feel they are impirtant othwise you won't survive unless you're just looking for a golden parachute. Sadly,a bleak outlook for the company.

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office space. If you are incompetent but yet know how to be political, it is the perfect place. Perfect landing spot for former Grubb & Ellis employees

Cons

No management. Arbitrary policies and procedures. No substance. Talented people are leaving the organization. Management does not deal fairly and honestly with its employees.

Sell

From the outside it looks great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fancy office environment, outward looking view of the company looks good, lots of PTO but no time to take advantage of it.

Cons

No training and they expect you to know their internal systems. Watch out, management will set you up for failure. A lot of back stabbing.

Boys Locker Room

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Located in the heart of Downtown

Cons

Sexist people and a locker room environment. No teamwork. Very low pay that is not comparable to the rest of the market. Brokers having affairs with assistants. Brokers taking clients to strip clubs. Fighting among team members. Management has no control.

Promoting an alcoholic who sleeps in his office all day is disgusting.

Inefficient & ineffective.

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great place to work until we recently sold out to corporate. They talk about a great culture but it is all talk, no action.

Cons

Low under market pay.
    Extremely inefficient procedures and systems. Antiquated at best.
    No focus on servicing clients and brokers. Only filling out forms and checklists.
    Communications are ineffective.
    Too many people involved in every decision.
    Left hand has no idea what right hand is doing.
    Growth too fast for infrastructure and the incompetent middle management in place.
    High level executives are not focused on the people.
    Tons of turnover when ownership changed hands.

Empower your people to make decisions and treat them with respect. Work to keep talent, not promote mediocrity.

Out of Touch with What Clients Expect and Dont Live Up to Their Advertisements

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management is hands off but mostly because they dont know how to manage the staff they are supposed to be managing

Cons

Each city is run by a select few who have all of the say and do not want or ask for anyone else's input, where they sell that they are collaborative and innovative, they desire only those that follow without questioning the so called procedures like robots with no thought no matter how much experience they have had before. There is absolutely no growth potential in any city for mid level staff, desire young cheap talent, and the firm has been in transition for three years and now can not grow any further without a new partner.

Understand it is not you or the marketing why you have or win clients, its the talent.

If you value work life balance, this isn't the place for you. Too focused on growing & not much on existing organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time

Pros

Good people trying to do a good job.

Cons

Disorganized, incredible work load, not enough resources and significant lack of training resources. Too focused on growth, but no focus on current employees ability to absorb more work - no value placed on work/life balance. Not team oriented. Many employees stay only because they need a job, but are looking to move on as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

Get in touch with what employees are experiencing. Make sure to conduct exit interviews and implement some changes that will retain good, experienced staff.

Horrible Management / No Opportunity / Favoritism Over Quality

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice office space. Some very talented people.

Cons

Disorganized and mediocre management, lack of opportunity, culture where everyone can say no. Management is only interested in maintaining their own position and status. Increasing layers of middle management without effectiveness. No innovation or entrepreneurial spirit. Good people are being forced out and being replaced by mediocre talent. The marketing effort tries to convey growth and vision but in reality the strategy is tired and "me-too". The former companies before the merger were great. The Cassidy Turley merger ruined the culture. Employees are not treated well.

Revisit your strategy and try to promote a culture of innovation. Be honest and do not believe your own marketing.

Lacking in vision

Former Employee - Graphic Design/Office Management in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Graphic Design/Office Management in Washington, DC

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- you have some opprotunities to learn new skills
    - some people care, you're very fortunate if you happen to work for a manager that does
    - it's a job for a down economy i suppose.
    - OK benefits
    - a lot of young people
    - nice location

Cons

- a very short glass ceiling. once you've hit it, get comfortable or get moving out the door because there is absolutely no room for growth professionally. it gets boring FAST. and don't even think about growing into other areas, they will have none of that even if you can see the need
    - they push out innovative and good people. my manager was pushed out, as were several others around me. it was sad to see good people go and the "networked" people stay
    - i remember dreading every day in that office. i dreaded every meeting i had to have with my manager when my original one was pushed out. it was a negative environment with no positive reinforcements. i constantly felt like i was watching over my shoulder, and i'm glad i did. i documented everything i did at work and when it came push to shove, i could retort all the Cassidy fables.
    - they don't value professional development. when i saw no opportunity for development at cassidy, i obtained approval to go back to grad school part time. it overlapped once a week with my work schedule for an hour. when my manager was pushed out, the new manager did her best to stop me from pursing my masters. she even told me that my education was "worthless." - that's different.
    - challenging industry with no support to be competitive.
    - underpaid.

- learn to recognize talent. keep that talent.
    - be open to growth in areas you didn't originally have in mind for someone.
    - positive reinforcement is a good thing. you should try it sometime.
    - respect people's work-life balance.
    - transparency and honesty
    - train all management positions. it's obvious they're not equipped to manage effectively

Cassidy Turley Photos