Castells & Asociados

www.adcastells.com

Castells & Asociados Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Castells & Asociados – Los Angeles – “reception plants”

Castells & Asociados – Los Angeles – “reception plants”

Liz Castells-Heard

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat location in downtown Los Angeles, free tickets to events at Staples Centers, small agency so everyone knows each other.

ConsLong hours, demanding and sometimes rude account teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over your egos and pay attention to the efforts being put by your employees. People need to be given the proper recognition for their hard work.

Run Far Away

Account Coordinator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCastells has very small office so it's very easy to get to know everyone. Most people are friendly and the work and life balance is fair. There are ticket giveaway to events at the Staples Center all the time which is a nice perk.

ConsThe office politics are ridiculous because the upper management is extremely controlling. Accounts run this place and the creativity is extremely stifled. Little original creative work, antiquated methods, and only two regional accounts to their name.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities and clear path of professional growth. This is an advertising agency and the creative work should come first, not your massive egos that impede any good work from being done.

Very good reputation. Who works here is usually hired immediately in other companies.

Senior CopyWriter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery loyal CIO
    100% support to the employs with great benefits, help and care, actually they have Pizza Friday every month and a massage day every week.
    Every day they have coffee, drinks, pastries, and food sometimes.
    They are very careful with dinners or taxi vouchers after hours.
    Comfortable parking.
    Very good human resources department.
    They support workers with work visa.
    If you work long hours you have the possibility to take days off at your convenience.
    They have more vacations days than other companies.
    They're not very stricter with the arrival hour normally people arrive after 9:30 a.m almost 10:00 a.m.
    They have bonus at the end of the year.
    Summer party. Year-end party. (One of the parties was at Geisha House Lounge in Hollywood)
    Normally they close the entire week of Christmas and New Year week and you can keep your vacation days.
    Very clean and healthy spaces.
    In my experience one of the agencies with great technology in hardware and software, new computers all the time, great IT service.
    Flat screens with sports and Friday Movie day.
    You can have your own mailbox.

My professional experience was very good, I worked with a worldwide Creative Director and very talented copy writers, graphic designers, art directors also with one of the best producers in the industry and magnificent assistant producers and also with a very good digital team who create a fantastical digital advertising and web content.
    This agency works with the best producer companies in the market here in United States and out of the country.

I need to say that during my several years working there I had the opportunity to work with very professional and clever Account executives and Media executives.

ConsThe same that you can find in any other advertising agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeps standing in the market as it has done until now. You're one of the few that is formed when many others are gone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are looking for a Multicultural agency to start (or grow) here is a great start.

Art Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSpanish Multicultural agency at its core
    Employees treated as key players
    Learning opportunities
    Friendly employees
    Excellent payments
    Redesign offices
    Loyalty from top management
    Free tickets to Clippers and Lakers game

I truly admire the job that Liz Castells has done in her 30 years experience. By reinventing and adapting, Castells & Asociados has stayed strong in the mist of a changing economy coming back stronger than ever, creating what many agencies in the city of Los Angeles has failed to do -Create jobs and opportunities that support the Latino community-.

ConsIt is an advertising agency, days with long hours will happen, here or else.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on the "One Accord View" between departments.

Awful

Account Services (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLocation, location, location. And that's it.

ConsCEO lives in an alternate world. Very shady and it brings down the morale big time. There is an expectation you have to leave your blood, sweat and tears at your desk, after 14 hours of work each day and then they treat you like garbage no matter what. The partners leave for hours at a time to have girl time while the boat is sailing by itself. Then they micromanage because they need to catch up with reality. The agency itself is horrendous, antiquated.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have sheep or cattle in your company. Treat your employees with respect by not having unreal expectations or demand far beyond what is humanly reasonable. Catch up with reality and stop being so greedy.

Very challenging environment for professionals looking for growth.

Creative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou can pretty much define your role.
    Friendly staff, eager to do more.
    Good location near public transportation, entertainment and restaurants.

ConsCrammed space with outdated equipment and software.
    Poor strategic direction.
    Consistently understaffed in many departments.
    Lack of transparency with clients.
    All decisions on account work are funneled through CEO.
    Lagging in social media and mobile.
    Little or no cooperation from parent agency resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart from scratch.
    Catch up with trends in media and content distribution.
    Pursue new business more aggressively.

Very entrepreneurial (your job is what you make of it), but office politics are dense

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Very talented & friendly team
    - Flexible schedule (but can demand pretty long hours when needed)
    - Good clients

Cons- Structure is not very clear within certain teams
    - Top management not very engaged, yet manages to have a say in key decisions

Advice to Senior Management- Improve culture
    - Define better structure and job responsibilities
    - Put right incentives in place to keep employees motivated

Worked for Castells & Asociados? Contribute to the Community!