Casting House

Updated Feb 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jason Borgstahl

Great Management, amazing and creative vibe from people in all departments

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Casting House full-time for less than a year

Pros-You learn a lot
-Fast paced
-Management does not micromanage and open minded to problem solutions.

Cons-Small room for advancement
-Priority to larger accounts

Advice to Senior Management-Keep up the good work :)

Fun Work Place

I worked at Casting House full-time

Prosgreat work environment, fun place to learn how fine jewelry is made. Loved working with all my co-workers.

Consthey don't give you enough vacation days off and not good enough benefits. They need to have maternity leave for those women who are pregnant.

Awesome until you get in the door.

Chicago, IL

I worked at Casting House full-time for less than a year

ProsThey provide an interesting work environment.

ConsTraining is severely lacking. They explain the most explicit details of the casting machines and it has no impact on your actual job. The environment lacks structure and professionalism. Minimal communication and absolutely no consistency with schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of having a senior manager run the office from Colorado, communicate and pay attention to the fact that some of your employees have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Respectful, enjoyable environment

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Casting House full-time for less than a year

Pros-Room to learn all you need to learn with great guidance from co-workers and managers
-Opportunity to move around departments
-Great opportunity to work with other people in other departments to learn more about manufacturing

Cons-Loads of work 9+ hour days

First you'll love it... then you'll hate it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Casting House full-time for more than a year

ProsGood place to immerse yourself and gain valuable experience in the jewelry industry. Some very good people.

ConsIf you don't have already have that fine jewelry experience your starting pay will take a hit, and it will never recover substantially. If you do already have a few yrs under your belt and know how to work in a backstabbing system you might be fine. I saw over 20 people come and go in one year. Rarely worth staying over a year if your client facing and by then they would have already milked you. You can get promoted with out a pay raise for hard work. Some dishonest and unethical practices across the board. Late nights up to 8pm waiting to ship out the package your responsible for. Your better off working at a jewelry store for a fraction of the stress if your looking to gain experience in this industry. Also, during your initial interview you may be misled as to what you will actually do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate! There is very poor communication management to staff, within management and within staff sitting right next to each other. Then listen! This is causing a lot of problems. Don't take on work you cant handle. 2-3 good senior managers others are in there own little world and don't look at the big picture. And stop being so cheap, you will keep more flies with honey.

Worked for Casting House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Casting House reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Casting House CEO Jason Borgstahl. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Casting House employees.