CastleBranch Reviews

2.3
Brett Martin

1. Sales Support Specialist

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

Flexible hours
    Amazing atmosphere
    The people are great

Cons

The pay is extremely low

2. Sales

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

The organization is a good place to get a job with no prior experience.

Cons

You don't make enough money to survive, too cliquy, chaotic, organization lacks direction.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees appropriately and focus on retention.

3. Great for people right out of college!

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

I would have never in my life imagined I would be in an office position, but after 2 years I've really grown accustomed to it. I love my coworkers and most of the supervisors. We get lots of incentives and if you really show your true colors, you will be recognized; Whether good or bad. Operations has come a Looooooooooooong way since I first started and its really appreciated. You get a causal dress code (They understand that some days we want to wear Sweats and Sneakers), Wonderful training schedule established (Unlike when I first started, which consisted of the trainer drawing on her arm and looking at cat pictures online.) Each department has designated Mentors to assist employees while management and supervisors are busy in meetings and conferences, Pretty standard pay for the amount of work performed, and advancements for those who exceed. Alot of the reviews on here commented on cattiness which has really been eliminated in the past couple of months thanks to management taking care of the problem employees. They give opportunities to people with all sorts of degrees and even those without degrees, we all simply start on the same level and management recognizes are strengths and weaknesses and helps direct us to the right roles for us. Supervisors do seem overworked for such a small pay, but they still hold a positive attitude which is really something special if you ask me. Its a very diverse environment, so not a lot of cookie cutter coworkers and the company really thrives on self expression! Did I mention we have a brewery, Food truck, convenience stores in each building, fresh fruit and bagels delivered to us, and a free gym? plus I really find the benefits on par for an entry level job.

Cons

Alot of change. The company really changes alot which is to be expected if the company wants to thrive but it can make it a little stressful at times with changing policies weekly. I don't think this is really somewhere to make a career, but for fresh collage graduates? Its perfect to get your feet wet in professionalism and basic work skills. The pay is a little low for someone who may want to live alone or is trying to raise a family, but for a single graduate like myself I've really seen the company impact me in a positive way. Don't expect to keep your job if you don't have a good work ethic, or the management will put you in your place...which is on the streets.

Advice to Management

Thanks for recognizing us little people, really lets us know you view us as individuals.

Sales

I worked at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

Convenient to Mayfaire an WB. Paved parking

Cons

Horrible place to work unless desperate. I think it is pretty easy to read the reviews here and determine which are written by marketing and HR and which are actually former employees. Trust me, the glowing reviews and "get what you put in" statements are all approved by higher ups. Free breakfast...yeah but HR will be in the kitchen writing down names and then making sure you clocked out and did not exceed your break time. Knew a lot of hourly that were pulling another job to pay for the inadequate benefit plan offered. But hey...you have a gym, brewery and cool chairs..who needs health insurance or a good wage?

Advice to Management

Keep doing you. You have made a lot of money for yourselves and continue to make a lot of money. I can't hate on being successful. Just quit asking for my tax dollar "incentives" that actually go to by a new plane.

Majestic dumpster fire

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free bagel Monday.
    Super gossipy co workers, so there is definitely a lot of communication between employees.
    The extremely poor pay allows employees to develop great budgeting experience.
    The gym allows for lovely loud rap music to be heard on all floors throughout the day.
    Super comfortable chairs in downstairs allow for easy napping experiences.
    If you have a craving for what dirt put through a coffee filter tastes like, you won't have to travel far.
    The bell on the sales floor used to celebrate big wins and sales creates fast and alert reflexes from jumping out of your chair.
    There is no dress code, so you can wear your hot sauce stained ripped sweatshirts should you desire. And many people take them up on that
    Management changes your seat every week, so finding where a person sits is an exciting new adventure every day.
    The level of favoritism played by management allows for first row seats to extreme brown nosing and exciting new ways to find how resources and people can be mismanaged.
    The only metric for measuring sales reps is total number of calls made, so you are able to develop the highly desirable skill of harassing other HR departments at their place of work.

Cons

Castlebranch was required to hire X number of people by the city of wilmington, because they paid for their building. Basically as long as they keep this revolving door of employees rolling the city won't come down on them. They have a department that sells exclusively to colleges and universities that make them boatloads of money, anyone else who isn't in that division is irrelevant, and they don't try to hide that fact.

Advice to Management

Not that you'll read it, but it gets old hearing them talk about how creative and innovate they are while we sell products that can't compete in the market because they are wayyy too expensive or too wildly inefficient. Invest in a lead system that doesn't involve your reps calling the same HR departments every single week. Also, stop hiring people in operations to management positions in sales, who clearly know nothing about the job.

Sinking Ship

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the bagels and pingpong tables. Everybody who works there thinks it is a terrible place to work. As a result you do form great relationships with your coworkers by bonding over a conversation about how much you hate the place. You aren't noticed unless you are a select few so you can pretty much just sit there or walk around the building and nobody cares.

Cons

The work is monotonous. You sit there and cold call HR departments from the leads they give you. The leads have been overused and are outdated. The quotas given are unrealistic, as a result there is always a reason to fire people. Every day you go in expecting to be fired. The turnover rate is extremely high....I could go on forever about how bad the place is, but if you had read this far and still are considering the position then you should probably go ahead and it so you can learn for yourself.

Advice to Management

The supervisors are good people, but are stuck on a sinking ship. I can't say anything bad about them, besides get out while you can. You are better than that place. The only thing that will come out of you staying is making more people hate you as they get fired. The owners don't care about the company. They worked hard and made it big early on, but now they are over it and are trying to live up the money they have made. I can't blame them, but they should come up from that mirror and wake up to the reality of their failing corporation and how much it is hurting young lives rather than helping. You aren't Kieth Richards and you aren't Richard Branson.

Sales Consultant

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the "Corporation" for over 3 years now and love the fact that I can barely get by with minimal work to be done. Instead of bothering human resource managers across the country, I choose to call fax machines all day long in order to get my 80 calls a day. I also am blessed to possess the legendary "list" that very few people in sales have. This list has about 30 phone numbers that have automated messages saying to call another number and each one uniquely gets you to the 10 second call length you need. Not clocking out for lunch is cool too. I just clock out for a half hour break in the a.m.

Cons

The neverending ringing in my head from calling fax numbers all day. Meat heads occupying the gym all day long while listening to Sam Smith. The 2nd floor mostly smells like eggs.......mostly.

Advice to Management

Keep on following the instructions.

9. Great learning experience if you are motivated and make things happen!

I worked at CastleBranch

Pros

flexible schedule, ping pong tables, work-life balance & room for growth if you seek it

Cons

communication lacks amongst departments, work on stronger collaboration amongst teams

Advice to Management

Continue on the path of paying more attention to your employees, they are on the front lines everyday. Keep staying ahead of the game!

Sad that only a handful of employees are treated as gold.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free bagels gym bananas loose dress code (actually trashy)

Cons

So sad that the pluses of a job are free bagels and fruit. Or a food truck. Or a gym. Or casual dress code. Cattle - like atmosphere unless you are one of the chosen. Then you are rewarded by being talked to and treated with respect. Training is subadequate. Boring monotonous stressful work. If you don't meet quotas you are subject to firing. Lots of pressure each day to make quotas. People posting good reviews on here are a setup. I still work here and just want to do my job. That makes me an outsider.

Advice to Management

Tell it like it is.

11. Loving life at CastleBranch

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

I have been employed for a little over a year. During this time frame I have had the chance to meet many great people. HR identified that I was not in the right role and helped to realign me to a position that I was better qualified for. I love what I am doing today. HR really knows their staff. They take a significant amount of time to meet every employee, to make them feel welcome and help them not only at work but after hours also. Knowing that they care has meant a great deal to me. I have never experienced this level of care and concern in any other company.

Cons

During peak the hours can be long.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job. Really like the new employee engagement programs HR recently rolled out.

RSS Feed </> Embed