Castlight Health Reviews

104 reviews filtered by
4.4
Castlight Health CEO & Co-Founder Giovanni Colella
Giovanni Colella

Pros
  • Many very smart people to learn from, especially on the business side (in 12 reviews)

• Innovative company with a bold mission to change the way consumers purchase healthcare (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • A young company on its way to the top means that we have our fair share of growing pains (in 14 reviews)

• No strong desire for work/life balance -- abundance of Type A people leads to overwork (in 5 reviews)

1. Great culture, great people, great products

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom to be entrepreneurial, but also structure where needed.

Cons

IPO was a disaster, and many good people left prematurely because of it.

Advice to Management

Cost containment and more focus on expansion via acquisition.

2. An amazing learning experience

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time

Pros

Great opportunities to learn about technology, particularly in the health care space. I also learned a great deal about social networking, marketing and corporate governance.

Cons

I had some issues with the management of the company. They say they care about growth, and they do. However at time, I felt that status quo seemed OK to them.

Advice to Management

Working with Castlight has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!

HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Castlight Health

Pros

good benefits, great location south of Market in SF.

Cons

poor leadership within HR and Talent Acquisition. No clue how to run Recruiting.

Advice to Management

clean house

5. Sr. Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Innovative and energetic teams. Tons of internal opportunities for growth for the right candidate.

Cons

Many changes internally with growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to care for employees reviews and feedback.

Lot's of potential, nice people, good amount of organizational challenges

I have been working at Castlight Health

Pros

Nice people, good culture, in a huge industry that can impact many lives for the better. Potential to see and learn how an organization scales.

Cons

It's a sales driven organization. The product team is trying to build good things but has too many demands on it which results in a lack of clear strategy. Too much talk and meetings.

Amazing coworkers; senior leadership really cares about the employees

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great mission. Management is open to feedback from all levels. Generous benefits and unlimited PTO. Castlight tries hard to make every employee's experience a positive one. Many very smart people to learn from, especially on the business side.

Cons

Hours can be quite long. Meetings are frequent and often involve too many people, with no clear responsibilities or handoffs. Management is the default career progression.

Advice to Management

Fewer meetings, and clearer handoffs.

Great, fast-growing company

I have been working at Castlight Health

Pros

Castlighthealth is growing quickly and the leadership is focused on the company's overall success. It is enhancing the benefits programs and continues to review all of the things that make the culture here a great place to work. If you are looking for a fun and fast-paced place to grow your career and work on something gane-changing, Castlight is a place you should consider!

Cons

Fast growth means growing pains. Process and systems need to catch up with the company's pace. Not every question has an answer just yet.

Changing the face Healthcare

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fantastic product that is getting some serious attention in the market. If you are looking for a company that gets you out of bed in the morning, then Castlight is the place. Smart people, focused management team and incredible vision to change enterprise healthcare in the US.

Cons

The sales cycles are 18-24 months, so new sales hires beware. This is a relatively new technology that you're selling into HR folks who have little power to make a buying decision. In addition, HR organizations are typically comprised of tenured people who are not change oriented, and have little understanding of technology. If you're coming to Castlight to make a quick buck in software sales, you should probably look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Let's keep growing.

I enjoy every day coming to work. It is a very close community with many great people and a strong culture

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the culture, the mission and the openness of the company, all the way from the top down. You will be intellectually challenged every day, but with respect and support. There is a lot of high IQ and a great dose for EQ in the people that work at Castlght.

Cons

Castlight is one of the fastest growing technology enterprise companies in the US, wich forces people to work incredibly hard to keep up with everything they need to do. many executives are young and lack management experience, therefore they may manage by improvisation and not science. Tools and infrastrutcures are being built as we go, which makes wily execution extra challenging. If you can't live with change, you may struggle at castlight.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to our core values, don't let noise distract you, focus on recruiting the best of the best, and never compromise on quality. keep inspiring peel to do great things.

Smart, fun, hard-working folks on a mission to change healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, great mission, and exciting, fast growth environment. I love the work that we are doing and the talent, ambition, and kindness of the people at Castlight. It's a special place and I feel lucky to work here.

Cons

Lots of work including on the weekends and evenings. I would like to see more effort on maintaing the amazing culture at Castlight, understanding that with growth comes some change. We can also do more to ensure that all employees understand their professional growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep having fun!