Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc.

www.cataldoambulance.com

Robert D Cataldo

1. Not bad, wouldn't wanna work here for the rest of my life though

Current Employee - EMT-B in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - EMT-B in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of emergencies, plenty of biddable shifts, very well stocked trucks, management seems nice, regularly utilize basics for emergencies

Cons

Many many many very bitter co-workers, pay is low (not really better anywhere else), very busy days (but are balanced with not so busy days), lack of medics and so medics get absolutely abused and worked like dogs

Advice to Management

Am too new to really understand the bitterness many employees feel but with so many leaving, something must be done!

2. EMT

Current Employee - EMT-Basic
    Current Employee - EMT-Basic

I have been working at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity. Very organized co.

Cons

They need to pay thier emoyees more

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more.

3. Best private EMS to work at

I have been working at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great 911 experience for both BLS and ALS. Company does what it can for employees. Lots of overtime

Cons

High Call volume, pay is on par with everyone else.. low..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've worked at a few other EMS companies and you do it the best. Obviously things to improve on that you're aware of and I wish we didn't wear white.

5. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Waltham, MA

Pros

Plenty of overtime opportunity if you are willing to put in the time

Cons

Work can be very stressfull and repetitive

Advice to Management

Increase staff

Great

Current Employee - EMT-B in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - EMT-B in Boston, MA

Pros

Benefits ~ but they are too expensive. They restock trucks and med supplies asap and chase your ambulance down to get them to you. They have an extensive list of things to check off before your truck even hits the road including checking all devices like the AED, med boxes, down to the gluclose meter. They are very organized.

Cons

Salary is terrible. Chair car is $10 hr should be $15 minimum. EMT $13.25 should be $20 minimum and Paramedics $16 hr should be $25 min. You should also be able to get dental without being forced to take the health insurance to get it. Vacation time accrued.... They eat it if you want a paid holiday. That is nuts!!!!

Advice to Management

Pay more. We deserve it. Stop using our vacation time for paid holidays or sick pay. Allow us to get dental without having to take the medical insurance. Give praise to those who deserve it.

7. Okay

Current Employee - EMT
    Current Employee - EMT

Pros

It was good intro experience.

Cons

Need to upgrade their computer software

Advice to Management

Treat the low guys well

8. I have been there for 5 years almost, and they haven't done me wrong yet.

Current Employee - EMT in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - EMT in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great EMS experience in 911 systems and transport. overtime is easy to come by.

Cons

You have to work a lot of hours each week to make a suitable income.

9. Changes happened. Things changed.

Current Employee - Paramedic
    Current Employee - Paramedic

I have been working at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good company to work for. Busy systems, good contracts, opportunities to move around within the company and experience different systems and communities. There are many quality people, both on and off the road.

Cons

Employer feedback to employees is marginalized, at least for now. The biggest reason for that? Across the board raises for all hands in the field over the past two years. This has caused a big morale hit for both line crews and supervisory staff alike. Benefits have been decreased. An example is health insurance; the basic coverage is too expensive for many employees to afford.

Advice to Management

Fix the pay and benefits issues. Listen to employees when they point out anything that is wrong, and take action to solve problems. The monthly meetings are a good thing but sometimes things put out by staff aren't considered.

Not a great place to work if you're a woman.

Pros

Good 911 experience. Talented medics and EMTs. Lots of shift availability in multiple towns. Supervisors are for the most part fair.

Cons

Employees are expendable. Multiple instances of women being harassed/threatened at work with management doing little to nothing. Personnel issues handled by district sups instead of HR. Management has zero leadership or management training they just tripped and fell into the position. Favoritism is rampant.

Advice to Management

It's 2014. Act accordingly.

11. Chair car driver

Former Employee - chair bus driver in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - chair bus driver in Boston, MA

I worked at Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gained a lot of experience of area, lots of friends. Had some great times before the drastic changes in company.

Cons

Management was poor. You were treated as a number and expected to work like a robot. I ended up being terminated without a clear expectation as to why. Attendance is overly enforced, but good luck finding the Boston division manager

Advice to Management

Treat the help better

RSS Feed </> Embed