Catalent Pharma
www.catalent.com Somerset, NJ 5000+ Employees

Catalent Pharma Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Catalent Pharma – Saint Petersburg – “CPS”

Catalent Pharma President, CEO, and Director John R. Chiminski

John R. Chiminski

Pros:
  • "Good people to work with, good technology and amount of work comming through"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Private company, close to home, convenient to shopping malls/restaurants, etc"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is non-existent"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Upper management does not have a clue what is going on"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Kicked to the curb due to poor manager. To bad for him not for me, did me a favor.

Calibration (Former Employee)
    Saint Pete, FL

ProsThe crew I worked with we're good friends.

ConsThere is no leadership. The plant is dirty. A poison pit of chemicals. No real training. All smoke and mirrors. Poor raises. No more pension. No more profit sharing. I could go on but what's the point

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn a new trade. When your let go you really might need to no something about the kind of work you should have been doing. In a real company you wouldn't make it. Your time is coming.

Dissapointment

QA Department (Current Employee)
    Somerset, NJ

ProsIts a great place to work if you are a completely worthless individual. If you don't like to work hard this is the place for you. Spend your work day going from cube to cube talking to people, hang out around the coffee pot, don't worry about getting your work done because nobody will do anything to you. Just keep telling people how busy you are and you will be fine. You will never be challenged to do more, managers would rather dump on those that can perform than take action against those that won't.

ConsManagers are incompetent.

If you work hard your only reward will be the work of your useless coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter managers. Better decisions. Better compensation.

Work hard but learned a lot

Lead Scientist (Current Employee)
    Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsNever boring, lots of new skills, lots of opportunity

ConsWork all the time. Weekends, holidays, ect... Customer timelines drive everything

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd the little things. Employees want to feel appreciated.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

After 20 years I have seen lots of changes and not for the good.

Material Preparation (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsPTO package is rather nice for me. We work a 2-2-3 week, 12 hour shifts. One week we get 8 hours overtime as our regular schedule. Therefore, one can take 2 PTO days and get a week off work. There is an incentive program and when the sun and the moon line up perfectly you get a bonus

ConsManagement sucks!!! Supervisors do not want to do their jobs correctly so a few employees do the work while the others who are supervisors friends sit around doing nothing all day. Basically lower management lies to the peon and upper management, then Upper management lies to everyone. We are trying to do a proper job with equipment that only minimally works. And some equipment and rooms don't work at all. Management doesn't want to put money into fixing equipment we already have that is broken. But they have spent money on equipment that is never put into use because it was never validated. They start projects and within weeks they lose interest and go on to something else. Staff has been cut back to skeleton level and some weeks there simply isn't enough work to keep us busy and other weeks we are slammed. Between problems with scheduling and raw material availability , there seems to be no communication at all. The work area is filthy by my standards but they seem to think if is fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep away from your computer screen and stop looking at numbers and go to the floor and take a look a round. Talk to employees and be TRUTHFUL to them and yourselves. Get involved with the every day workings, take an objective look at lower management and see if they are actually doing their jobs for the betterment of the company or just sliding under the radar. The plant where I work is headed for a dead end.

Steer Clear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPros: Oxygen and coffee is free. Everything else you'll pay for like steerage on the Titanic. The only thing everyone at this company has in common is utter denial of the fact that the company is going nowhere. Those who are smart enough are already on a life boat or one of the Carnival Cruise ships somewhere else in RTP.

ConsCons: On average you will make approximately $10K - $15K less than you are worth. Disregard your education level, it doesn't really matter, you're going to treated like the analyst maggot that you are. The only thing that matters is the bottom line. Make sure you're ready to work weekends, and for the expectations of your work load to far exceed your capabilities.

It's kind of like going through boot camp for four days, being given a bullet proof vest and gun, getting shot in battle, then being reprimanded for getting hurt.

Catalent Motto: Here's your project. Figure it out. Don't make any mistakes or we will punish you. Don't ask questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire anyone who is smarter than you. Also avoid people who aren't scared of you. You're militia tactics are futile in a world where smart, talented people can walk next door for a better job where they are respected and paid a better wage. Don't fool yourselves, everyone with a good head on their shoulders at your company is only waiting for a better offer.

Growing company

Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsRapid growth, hiring constantly to meet demand, internal promotions are available and offered to those who show dedication and strong performance. Competitive wages.

ConsBenefits package could be more competitive, long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementDisplay more compassion for employees to make them feel they belong and are appreciated.

Stressful work environment outcome of toxic management team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat customers and co-workers. Beautiful country and wonderful community.

ConsInadequate business planning has the facility above maximum capacity. Not enough hours in the day to meet management's expectation of their people. Management does not follow recommendations of their reports.

Management of a company by excel sheets

Director (Current Employee)

ProsLocal Team and some great individuals

ConsUpper ELT and SLT Management does not live own values. Too much focus on revenue. Micro management. Delayed approval of necessary headcount to achieve the goals. Stupid basecost pressure. Too much travel of upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce unneccessary pressure by too many Op mechs. Simply let the middle Management do their work. Walk the talk.

Associate Scientist

Associate Scientist (Current Employee)
    Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsNice, smart co-workers. Never a dull moment, they have a lot of work for all the analyst. However, management does understand the need to have a work/life balance.

ConsNo bonuses. No incentive to work harder than you need to. This occasional leads to people that are less motivated to slide by and drop a larger chunk of work on others.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to offer bonuses.

Micro management with long hours

Scientist (Current Employee)
    Morrisville, NC

ProsIt's a job! Just a paycheck and a good place to gain skills and experience. Use those skills and go work for a company that cares about their employees!

ConsLong hours are expected. Pay is low! Managers micro manage and think very little of their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new managers

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Catalent Pharma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Catalent Pharma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Catalent Pharma CEO John R. Chiminski. All 102 reviews posted anonymously by Catalent Pharma employees.