Catalyst Development

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Greg Davis

A wide variety of assignments, quality clients, talented colleagues, open meritocracy, friendly and fun

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Catalyst Development

ProsThe quality of people you work with and the diversity of their backgrounds and experiences make it a very stimulating place to work. The philosophy is systemic change not just technical skills or domain expertise.
The quality of client organisations and the senior level at which we operate is challenging. You have to be good to do well but that is attractive.
The small company friendly feel. It is more than just a job or an 'employer'. There is a sense of family and long term commitment to good people. Most people are pretty genuine and likeable.

ConsDoes not suit everyone - you have to be self reliant AND a good collaborator AND flexible. Loners, one trick ponies, status conscious people and those who rely on being carried in a big team do not succeed.
You have to be committed and a self starter - those who see it as just a job are not happy because it doesn't have the big company benefits or management structures to fall back on.
It has been hard to get ABeam to invest anything in our growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in building a brand so that we get more widely known and recognised for the good stuff we do for our clients. That will help us grow.
Create more specialist practices like CCP to take advantage of market opportunities.
Have more company offsites - they are great!

Committed 4 years of my career, should have left after 6 months"

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Catalyst Development full-time

ProsBroad range of work

Flexible working options

Working closely with the Board Of Directors

Bonus scheme

Share scheme

ConsBroad range of work - will sell anything to anyone regardless of whether we had the skills/experience.

Flexibile working options - I worked from home all the time, and nobody noticed.

Working closely with the Board of Directors - closely, but not in tune with. Be prepared for random conflicting direction and constant changing of mind

Bonus scheme - semi-annual, never reached expectations - business challenge cycle alway seemed perfectly aligned with the bonus cycle

Share scheme - OK if you're on the board - nice dividends paid as a priority over bonuses. Share scheme for new joiners requires an unrealistic valuation to ever be worth anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow the company - reward those people who have made you successful. Try to keep people in the firm for longer that you are currently able to.

Client / Business Solutions focused with highly experienced consultants and excellent work ethic

I have been working at Catalyst Development

ProsGreat people, good learning experience, variety of engagements, typically consultancy rather than body-shopping. Focused on Cap Mkts Ops and Tech. Provides high-end, advisory/strategic engagements and programme/project delivery as well as leadership development and training. No politics and plans for further growth.

ConsSmall, so less obvious internal structures and clear career choices at the moment. However, very meritocratic and recognition and reward given for great work.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that we grow over the next few years so we become a more recognised name within and outside our typical and known client base. Spread the word! Hire and develop more great people.

Catalyst Development

I have been working at Catalyst Development

ProsSmall company, very transparent management decicions, flat hierarchy, nice people, frequennt social events and most people have fun at those

Consliimited exposure to projects and clients, limited infrastruture and limited opportunities for growth, no brand name, no critical mass and mainly a body shop

Advice to Senior Managementvery little management can do but to groww the business which they are trying to do woth the acquisition of abeam

Worked for Catalyst Development? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Catalyst Development reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Catalyst Development CEO Greg Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Catalyst Development employees.