Catalyst Rx Reviews

2.3
Mark A. Thierer

1. Gave IT assistance to the team with general messaging support

I have been working at Catalyst Rx

Pros

Company was open to try new technology and approach in IT

Cons

Decision making was long and management was slow with making financial acquisiitons

Nice place to work, just need to revamp upper management, to become a GREAT place to work.

Current Employee - Team Member in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Catalyst Rx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, soda, and bagels on Friday.

Cons

Communication is not professional. Favortism with upper management and some employees, so those are the ones who receive the perks.

Advice to Management

Integrity, honesty, communication. These are areas of improvement for upper management. Stop being the problem for devision in the company versus creating unity.

3. Supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Catalyst Rx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

promotions, training, time off, culture

Cons

IT support, equipment, holidays,

Bipolar, Prejudiced, Absurd

Former Employee - Trainer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Trainer in Rockville, MD

I worked at Catalyst Rx full-time

Pros

A paycheck, non management employees are great.the location is convenient.

Cons

Very unethical, biased, untrained and rude lineup of leaders. There is nothing professional about the company.

Advice to Management

Background and personality tests and checks should be a must

Catalyst Rx pros and cons

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Catalyst Rx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catalyst Rx was a growing, entrepreneurial company that was a pleasure to work for. Everyone knew each other and worked incredibly hard to ensure that the company succeeded.

Cons

The company became too top heavy in 2011 and 2012. New executives were brought in instead of the company investing in staff and funding company initiatives.

7. Amusing with the disorganization that there was

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Catalyst Rx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours to work

Cons

Too much gossip and they do not care about employees

Advice to Management

Work a day in the life of a Member Representatives even if you have before, and have a little more sympathy over the employees position.

8. Had its problems but always treated people with respect

I worked at Catalyst Rx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, values, morale, senior leadership

Cons

Financial management & discipline, IT

9. This was a great company to work for

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lansing, MI

I worked at Catalyst Rx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home/internet reimbursement decent pay 401k plenty of resources for information

Cons

difficult to take PTO/bad scheduling practices expensive medical benefits lots of technical issues overall lack of communication

Advice to Management

Since this company merged with SXC and became Catamaran the restructuring became monstrous, as a result I did not know if I would have a job from one day to the next. If they would have been more transparent with their communications I would have stayed with them forever. Although I became frustrated with my daily work schedule and not being able to take any PTO for over a year I had a great working relationship with almost everyone there which is so important for morale and productivity. My advice to management: remember that your employees are individuals and need to prepare for the future even if you're unsure of it.

10. Buy low, sell high

Former Employee - Operation in Delano, TN
    Former Employee - Operation in Delano, TN

I worked at Catalyst Rx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company feeds you coffee and doughnuts

Cons

Constant merger/sell-out with perpetual reorganization

Advice to Management

Enjoy your golden parachutes while the peasants toil

Way too top heavy...only about numbers and money...call center agents treated like a "sweatshop" employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Catalyst Rx

Pros

Benefits - that's it. You trade your sanity for them though.

Cons

During my tenure...10+ years in helping to develop a "sellable" product...the early years were great...but greed set in and those who helped to create a wonderful working environment have all been let go...it's a terrible place to work now. Unorganized, no communication, poor management with no qualifications or skills to do the job. They are never ahead of the game...this company played catch up since day 1 and they have never been able to keep up with the demands of the clients, their infrastructure is completely broken, most don't even have the necessary tools to do their jobs...everyone is in a work around mode. They no longer want people to work well together but have turned a teamwork environment into a shark tank. My job was eliminated after 10 years...but I was plenty qualified for many other job openings...was I offered this? No....it's about money. I was niave...beware. Shady practices keep the money flowing for them...having realized this in the end, I am much better off since it isn't in my chemical make up to lie and avoid issues as they are doing now. It was wearing and tiresome they make your life hell hoping long time employees quit so they do not have to pay out a severance because you were always a good employee with no disciplinary action so they can't fire you. Although I am not with the protesters supporting ":occupy wall street" but Catalyst Rx is the opitimy of why this movement is important to some...they are way too big for their britches now and it;'s a matter of time before a competitor comes and buys them out, though the fatheads at the top are too blinded of what is really happening at the bottom. The turnover is now high...due to the lack of respect for employees...

Advice to Management

Since Rick Bates became the CEO your already crumbling company is further going in the toilet...to ignore the customer service that is being provided and how it's being provided is a huge mistake. You many think techs/reps come a dime a dozen but quality loyal people is what you want to be singing your praises. Check your leadership...really check them. There is no corporate culture but utter chaos. There is no communication flowing down to the levels it should, particularly Provider Relations. I hope you all sleep well at night (though by your actions I am sure you really don't care)...because I know without a doubt many employees and their families that have been affected by the poor working environment you all have managed to turn into.

RSS Feed </> Embed