Catamaran Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
2.4

Mark A. Thierer

Pros
  • Good pay, excellent benefits, free use of gym (in 3 reviews)

• Meet some great people (co-workers) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The amount of overtime required is outrageous and work-life balance is non-existant (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours are the norm, and the expectation of some management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing company in a fast-paced industry

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Catamaran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Low-touch management allows for complete freedom of day-to-day activities. Company is growing, and the industry is always changing providing new challenges. Lots of opportunities to get involved with other teams and take on more responsibilities.

Cons

Work-life balance. Long hours (50-60 per week). Lots of 'fire drills' since the company is growing so fast; hard to bring new employees up to speed fast enough. Making requests for any sort of IT access or software is a cumbersome process worth noting.

Focus on streamlining employee access to tools and resources.

Dynamic and growing organization with very talented people

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition

I have been working at Catamaran full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the Catamaran 8 months ago and have found this to be one of the best employment choices that I have ever made. The Leadership team is engaging, talented, and extremely knowledgeable. I received great training within my functional area, as well as other areas inside the organization. My team is collaborative, accountable, and willing to assist when needed. The pay is competitive with the market and the benefits are great!

Cons

As a remote employee, I would like the ability to spend more time in the corporate office for exposure, and to further build valuable relationships.

I really appreciate the direction that the organization is heading. Continue hiring the best and brightest people to continue to quest for the best. Kudos to the leadership team.

Director IT

I have been working at Catamaran full-time

Pros

Hard working people trying to do the right thing and effect positive change. Good leadership at the top for an industry perspective.

Cons

Company has grown quickly not integrating the parts, makes delivery of technical solution difficult. Leadership not in tune with the general associates.

Listen to the surveys and take action.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wish I still worked there! Relocated out of state and haven't found anything that measures up.

I worked at Catamaran full-time

Pros

Great training, then independent work environments.

Cons

Your usual co-worker cliques and cattiness.

Very Disorganized

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Catamaran as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant physical work environment, intelligent and friendly co-workers, good compensation, flexible work hours and allotment for remote work

Cons

The organization functions in constant reactive mode. The company lacks direction in terms of strategic planning, regulatory compliance, and related processes. Fractured communications and no accountability for select staff where accountability is essential. Near complete absence of standardized practices.

Leadership should engage line and management staff in decision-making processes involving technology tools.
    Leadership should establish, maintain,and enforce accountability across the board.
    Leadership should provide proper training for regulatory subjects and certify proprietary software products

Corporate, and comfortable environment . Everyone seems very friendly and helpful.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Catamaran as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nice environment , nice staff, state of art Equiptment . Effortless Teamwork culture.

Cons

None available to say yet

None available to say yet

Growing pains

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Catamaran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay for the industry; management is trying to get it together but moving VERY slowly. The Schaumburg location has an onsite fitness center with classes (before work, during lunch, and after work) and personal trainers. They offer tuition reimbursement and good health insurance benefits.

Cons

Long hours, heavy workloads, no work-life balance, low morale among staff, goal is to check things off a list without evaluating the outcome, all about the bottom line, very low on human capital in key areas, lack of opportunities

Nepotism is real not a myth

Current Employee - I DO IT ALL  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Catamaran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary for a pharmacy tech, somewhat good flexibility depending on your lifestyle, you can make it a ok environment depending on the type of person you are.

Cons

Big time nepotism going in in las vegas and nothing is being done about it at this time, managment in ALL departments needs to be cleaned out and bleached of its nasty stinch, Supervisors have bad energy and do not mang. in real time they are glued to there computers and cell phones and when you need somethnig you better have a lead as a friend or you will be in really big trouble. The leads do mostly ALL the work it appears the higher you get up you have to become a mean girl/boy like we are in high school Vegas Mang. makes the call center unhealty just ask the senior reps not the new people just eager and happy to be working give them about 1 year if they last that long.

Clean house in your call center mang. dept. ALL depts. because you have really great agents that have tons of knowledge your competitors would find useful and you will loose them if you dont make some changes and investigate the Real Nepotims going on such as Sisters Supervising there Brother.

Catamaran is a good company to be a part of if you love helping people.

Former Employee - Member Service Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Catamaran as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Training is a total of 6 weeks long 4 weeks downstairs in a training room Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm, and then 1 week of nesting downstairs then you take it upstairs to nest for the last week. Co-workers are friendly and very fun to interact with. Monthly activities going on for employees. Overtime was great. Typical call center environment.

Cons

There is a lot of miscommunication throughout management. One person tells you one thing and then someone comes and tell you another. You have to have full availability for this job it is a 24/7 call center. I was told there would be a shift bid every 6 months but ended up doing 3 within the 8 months. I resigned due to religious beliefs I could not work Sundays, I tried for two weeks before my shift bid to see if there was anyway I could be a accommodated to where I can get Sundays off, but there was nothing that could be done.

Rapid growth but on the way up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Catamaran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Above average salaries for the area and industry, solid leadership, good employee base and a ton of benefits that you normally wouldn't see at a company of this size. Company is really focusing this year on improving the overall employee experience - big improvements!

Cons

There are a number of disengaged employees who should stop making their coworkers lives hellacious and find another company that they would be happier working at.

We move quickly to make customer decisions - lets move just as fast to transition people who don't want to be here out, to approve projects/resources/funding for improvements and maybe learn to push back upstream a bit more. Overall the direction of the company has come a long way, with a solid respectful executive management team. Keep pushing the message down.

Worked for Catamaran? Contribute to the Community!