Cataphora

Cataphora Founder & CEO Elizabeth Charnock

Elizabeth Charnock

Good.

Sales (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFriendly, collegial, creative, innovative, and smart.

ConsUpper management could be difficult to understand and ivory towerish. Tech people couldn't communicate with sales people or understand them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey already did the right thing by selling off the division they treated as an unwanted stepchild.

I learned more that I would have expected.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou will get really great experience. The product and work is very interesting and motivating.

ConsIt is not very organized and there are a lot of communication issues.

Interesting projects and a flexible work atmosphere, but I wasn't crazy about the management atmosphere.

ProsInteresting projects, flexible hours, and many of the people were quite nice. The company seems open to internal innovation.

ConsThe atmosphere bothered me - I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to be a degree of chilliness and intimidation within the company. I also wasn't crazy about all the company's stated goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the atmosphere more happy, less intimidating.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cataphora

(Former Employee)

ProsI think one of the advantages would have to be hot having to deal with a bureaucracy in larger companies. The company is generally young. Some really great intelligent and unique individuals work at Cataphora.

ConsUnfortunately, the company treats many of its employees poorly. "This is a start-up" is generally not an excuse for lack of professionalism. The "company culture" is generally not positive and more of a "hold down the fort, its us or them" mentality.

Questions that are important to ask ANY employer: (1) How many people have "moved on" (voluntarily or not) from the company in the past year? (2) Is working towards "career goals" considered reasonable at your company? (3) Can I speak with a colleague of yours about the working environment?

Advice to Senior ManagementToo far gone!

Worked for Cataphora? Contribute to the Community!