Catapult Learning

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014
2.3

CEO

Learning experience of advanced planning, orientation, methodology and procedures to deliver, assess and record results

Former Employee - Mathematics Tutor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Mathematics Tutor in Houston, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Used effective schedules, adequate resources and efficient monitoring, supervision and attention to needs,

Cons

Diagnose students' weaknesses, initiate opportunities to collaborate with parents, teachers and school personnel and provide incentives for continuity.

Focus on student centered learning, introduce policies for long term effectiveness and incentives for dedicated personnel. Conduct pre and post and this evaluation as terminal action.

Good experience

Former Employee - Teacher-tutor  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Teacher-tutor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hardly any paper work !

Cons

Not having same authority, responsibility as other teachers, limited as to what you may teach. Curriculum to repetitive to keep children's interest.

Change curriculum, get organized ...

Very educational, but all about the money

Current Employee - Title I Teacher  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Help at risk students
    -Small classes
    -Low expectations

Cons

-Tedious paperwork
    -Company's main goal is to keep customers (principal) happy
    -The quality of teaching

Reexamine company's goals

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Tech  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Tech in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about working here is the people. Most of the workers are extremely nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

I wouldn't say there's a lot wrong with the company, except that space is starting to become an issue. Other than that, it's not so bad.

Should probably get bigger space to hold all the forms and other physical materials.

Focused on profits not education, unfair treatment to employees, low pay.

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Miami, FL

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have the opportunity to help students which results in personal satisfaction. Low pay but at least the pay on time. Some useful trainings.

Cons

The company does not care about education at all they only care about profits. Teacher moral is very low. Management is a disaster. Communication is awful. Advancement opportunities are based on friendship instead of individual performance and preparation. DO NOT FALL FOR THEM LIKE I DID. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

Hire new management! Managers that will be objective and will not bring in their own personal agenda.

Not a real company

I worked at Catapult Learning

Pros

Coworkers/supervisors in the field are great to work with

Cons

Upper management has control of everything. No room for growth and their decisions are extremely shady. It's all based on who you're best friends with, not how well you do your job. Their interest has nothing to do with the schools or students- it's about making money so management can get bigger increases/bonuses.

Raises are non existent and the benefits are high. Promotions don't exist unless you are buddies with upper management. You can be a bum off the street but as long as you know a higher up, you'll go really far.

Get rid of all upper management and bring in some real leaders. This is the only company I know who would bring in a CFO with just a bachelor's and 5 years of experience. Your "leaders" currently are a joke and are doing nothing but hurting the company. It's evident that you don't care about your employees so make a change soon because you all aren't capable of running the company yourselves.

Very bad experience with this terrible company

Current Employee - Teacher  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tutoring students when it is possible.

Cons

All supervisors have different ideas about how to treat teachers. If you are not a friend or family member of a supervisor, you have no shot of being respected. Most assistants are related to one another and will make sure no one else fits in because they are very jealous women. Supervisors treat teachers like they are children. The women who work in New Orleans are very clickish and treat others unfairly.

Management from New York needs to go to the New Orleans office and rehire new supervisors and start all over. it is a mess. Nothing is consistent. Only if you are a daughter, cousin, or best friend of a supervisor, will you have a chance at working at a good school.
    Every school I go to, they complain about this company. No one is satisfied. Lots of conflict between assistant and teacher. I hope that someone will change some things in the management office in New Orleans...

Was a good place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Catapult Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a decent place to work before the division I worked for got acquired by KLC. I worked in the corporate office in Baltimore. Once the company was acquired, everyone was laid off.

Cons

Stressful, promotion potential is zero. Better to come in at a higher level. Management was often not supportive, and had very little influence beyond their level.

There are no promotions. Seems like they wanted you to do the work of the higher position at your same pay before the promotion even though your performance merited a promotion.

The staff members that I have worked with are all caring, friendly, professional, and overworked.

Current Employee - Title I Teacher
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time

Pros

The scripted lessons are from an excellent standards based program. Teaching small groups is intimate and is always wonderful (if you really want to teach). The company has access to $$$ so they can get supplies to you, if you can afford to purchase them yourself and get reimbursed that is faster.

Cons

This is based on federal $$$ so there are tons of paperwork. You are "officially working" whatever hours you are actually in front of students, however there is prep for every lesson, monthly reports, assessments to gather, and other paperwork that you are not paid for. It is all included in the salary which assumes that you know there is always paperwork,
    If you are not organized, you will not make it. Your immediate experience is a function of how efficient, honest, and friendly your supervisor is. Mine is great.

Be clear when giving directives. Please explain when there is a "hard deadline" and a soft deadline. In the field of education there are few actual deadlines and the idea of a drop-dead-hard-deadline is foreign to most experienced unionized teachers. Also be honest. If you dont know, then tell us that you will find out. Also, after starting us on some new directive, do spot checks to see if we are on point.

Horrendous place to work

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love working with kids

Cons

Catapult management has no understanding, concern or respect for employees and treats all field employees as though they are lazy teenagers who have to be watched every minute to keep them from goofing off or stealing the paperclips. Required office supplies were kept (literally) in a locked cabinet and although there was a requisition procedure, all requisitions were denied. They do not pay for any supplies employees buy on their own and do not reimburse travel expenses. The pay is about half of what the local public schools pay. Benefits are poor and employees pay dearly for them. Employees who use sick pay, even if they have earned it, are threatened with reprimand or termination. Employees with disabilities are not accommodated and those who are injured on the job are fired. The company is currently trying to get all field employees listed as working less than 30 hours a week so that they can cut health insurance all together. Employees are required to keep track of and report on line everything they do every minute of every day. Sometimes it takes longer to report something you did than it did to do it. Logging a 3 minute phone call can take 5 to 10 minutes. Employees at your local Walmart or McDonald's get more respect from their managers. My advice to prospective applicants is to take a job with Catapult only if you have to and keep looking for something better.

Stop treating professional employees with college degrees and years of experience like unruly teenagers who can't be trusted not to steal paperclips.

Worked for Catapult Learning? Contribute to the Community!