Catapult Learning Reviews

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Catapult Learning

Pros

flexible scheduling, excellent curriculum, supervisor is very supportive, small groups, paid vacation, friendly people to work with. Collaborative environment.

Cons

Some of the teachers complain and bring negativity to us who really enjoy teaching for Catapult. Lots of paperwork.

Get rid of the complainers who have nothing positive to say. Management seems to have a lot on their plates, bring in more help to offset the amount of work they have.

Learning experience of advanced planning, orientation, methodology and procedures to deliver, assess and record results

Former Employee - Mathematics Tutor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Mathematics Tutor in Houston, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Used effective schedules, adequate resources and efficient monitoring, supervision and attention to needs,

Cons

Diagnose students' weaknesses, initiate opportunities to collaborate with parents, teachers and school personnel and provide incentives for continuity.

Focus on student centered learning, introduce policies for long term effectiveness and incentives for dedicated personnel. Conduct pre and post and this evaluation as terminal action.

Awesome Job

I have been working at Catapult Learning

Pros

Great preschool program. Great teachers and assistant teachers

Cons

I got laid off because the Lakewood School district did not renew the contract with Cataput Learning.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall it was good

Former Employee - IT Consultant  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Catapult Learning

Pros

they are very flexible if you have things that you need to take care of. The staff

Cons

Government funded program dealing with education, so you don't know from one year to the next whether you will be employed or not.

You need to understand that the foundation of the business and everything that supports it comes from the bottom and not the top. Technology--Technology--Technology ----> if you forget this you will soon become obsolete.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Catapult Learning

Pros

Independence
    Ability to work with children who need extra help
    Great managers (now)

Cons

An extremely degrading manager (formerly)
    No flexibility with schedule

Higher managers need to see what middle managers are up to and the way teachers are treated

Good experience

Former Employee - Teacher-tutor  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Teacher-tutor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hardly any paper work !

Cons

Not having same authority, responsibility as other teachers, limited as to what you may teach. Curriculum to repetitive to keep children's interest.

Change curriculum, get organized ...

Very educational, but all about the money

Current Employee - Title I Teacher  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Help at risk students
    -Small classes
    -Low expectations

Cons

-Tedious paperwork
    -Company's main goal is to keep customers (principal) happy
    -The quality of teaching

Reexamine company's goals

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Tech  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Tech in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about working here is the people. Most of the workers are extremely nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

I wouldn't say there's a lot wrong with the company, except that space is starting to become an issue. Other than that, it's not so bad.

Should probably get bigger space to hold all the forms and other physical materials.

The staff members that I have worked with are all caring, friendly, professional, and overworked.

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time

Pros

The scripted lessons are from an excellent standards based program. Teaching small groups is intimate and is always wonderful (if you really want to teach). The company has access to $$$ so they can get supplies to you, if you can afford to purchase them yourself and get reimbursed that is faster.

Cons

This is based on federal $$$ so there are tons of paperwork. You are "officially working" whatever hours you are actually in front of students, however there is prep for every lesson, monthly reports, assessments to gather, and other paperwork that you are not paid for. It is all included in the salary which assumes that you know there is always paperwork,
    If you are not organized, you will not make it. Your immediate experience is a function of how efficient, honest, and friendly your supervisor is. Mine is great.

Be clear when giving directives. Please explain when there is a "hard deadline" and a soft deadline. In the field of education there are few actual deadlines and the idea of a drop-dead-hard-deadline is foreign to most experienced unionized teachers. Also be honest. If you dont know, then tell us that you will find out. Also, after starting us on some new directive, do spot checks to see if we are on point.

Good teaching experience,but too much paperwork.

Current Employee - Title I Teacher

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love teaching a variety of small groups. My supervisor is great but she is clearly overworked and under informed. She is great at following up on problems or "chinks" in the system.

Cons

Tons of paperwork. I have been here for 6 wks and I am still waiting for materials. I finally received a pay check today. I don't make enough for them too assume I will buy all of my consumables and wait for reimbursement.

There needs to be a better system for procuring supplies. I should ave been given a box of basics when I wallked into my school. Instead, I am locking my almost empty cabinets everyday while waiting for deliveries.

Worked for Catapult Learning? Contribute to the Community!