Catapult Learning

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
2.7

CEO

Great opportunity to learn and grow. Also amazing chance to exhance student lives.

Current Employee - Title I Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Feel free to express my educational knowledge without being judged.

Cons

Not enough supplies when needed.

Does decent work, but more concerned about making $ instead of quality education

I worked at Catapult Learning full-time

Pros

Most of the middle management-type employees and direct service workers are extremely nice, very hard working, and care about what they are doing.

Cons

Catapult is all about how much money they can make. They view themselves as an 'elite' education company, but that is a falsehood as they have a hard time employing elite educators because they pay so little. The entire time I worked for them, all I was ever asked about was how much revenue we were making (which was substantial), but did not get any support when I would try to improve the quality of the programs. The leadership team is pretty friendly, but their communication and support is rather poor and many bad decisions led to many people getting laid off.

Support and communicate to the employees who are doing the work in "the trenches". Although making money to keep the company successful is extremely important, do not make it seem like it is your only focus. The focus should be on the quality of education you are providing the youth you serve.

PD Coach/Presenter

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult provides a flexible schedule for coaches

Cons

National office makes decisions that are not based on what's good for the local office.

Low pay, misguided upper management

I worked at Catapult Learning full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working as a school counselor, the schedule was great.

Cons

Working in the corporate division, work-life balance was terrible, management was totally old-school and stuffy. Working in the schools, it was much better in terms of laid-back managers, schedule, etc., but pay was abysmal.

Catch up to the times! Enforce email and electronic calendars for all employees, pay well enough to keep people from leaving; empower newer employees to make suggestions that are taken seriously by management.

Learning experience of advanced planning, orientation, methodology and procedures to deliver, assess and record results

Former Employee - Mathematics Tutor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Mathematics Tutor in Houston, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Used effective schedules, adequate resources and efficient monitoring, supervision and attention to needs,

Cons

Diagnose students' weaknesses, initiate opportunities to collaborate with parents, teachers and school personnel and provide incentives for continuity.

Focus on student centered learning, introduce policies for long term effectiveness and incentives for dedicated personnel. Conduct pre and post and this evaluation as terminal action.

Good experience

Former Employee - Teacher-tutor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Teacher-tutor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hardly any paper work !

Cons

Not having same authority, responsibility as other teachers, limited as to what you may teach. Curriculum to repetitive to keep children's interest.

Change curriculum, get organized ...

Focused on profits not education, unfair treatment to employees, low pay.

Current Employee - Teacher in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Miami, FL

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to help students which results in personal satisfaction. Low pay but at least the pay on time. Some useful trainings.

Cons

The company does not care about education at all they only care about profits. Teacher moral is very low. Management is a disaster. Communication is awful. Advancement opportunities are based on friendship instead of individual performance and preparation. DO NOT FALL FOR THEM LIKE I DID. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

Hire new management! Managers that will be objective and will not bring in their own personal agenda.

Not a real company

I worked at Catapult Learning

Pros

Coworkers/supervisors in the field are great to work with

Cons

Upper management has control of everything. No room for growth and their decisions are extremely shady. It's all based on who you're best friends with, not how well you do your job. Their interest has nothing to do with the schools or students- it's about making money so management can get bigger increases/bonuses.

Raises are non existent and the benefits are high. Promotions don't exist unless you are buddies with upper management. You can be a bum off the street but as long as you know a higher up, you'll go really far.

Get rid of all upper management and bring in some real leaders. This is the only company I know who would bring in a CFO with just a bachelor's and 5 years of experience. Your "leaders" currently are a joke and are doing nothing but hurting the company. It's evident that you don't care about your employees so make a change soon because you all aren't capable of running the company yourselves.

Very educational, but all about the money

Current Employee - Title I Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Help at risk students
    -Small classes
    -Low expectations

Cons

-Tedious paperwork
    -Company's main goal is to keep customers (principal) happy
    -The quality of teaching

Reexamine company's goals

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Tech in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Tech in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part about working here is the people. Most of the workers are extremely nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

I wouldn't say there's a lot wrong with the company, except that space is starting to become an issue. Other than that, it's not so bad.

Should probably get bigger space to hold all the forms and other physical materials.