Catapult Marketing

Updated December 26, 2014
4.1

Paul Kramer

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Senior Leaders fight for their employees.

Cons

Teams are typically top-heavy, making it hard for growth

Work Here If You Don't Want Training or Growth Potential

I worked at Catapult Marketing

Pros

The check comes on time; great corporate benefits

Cons

No formal training for employees not based in Connecticut; corporate bloat; creativity and curiosity can be stiffled

great atmosphere

Current Employee - Developer in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Developer in Westport, CT

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, signing many new clients. Great co-workers who are willing to help.

Cons

There is not a standard workflow from the account teams to the development team. Account teams will not bring in the tech team before making decisions.

Good company, but room for improvement

Current Employee - Account in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time

Pros

Catapult has some very talented people working for them. We produce great work that we can be proud of. Work/life balance is good, but depends on which team you are on and role you are in. Some teams better than others. It is a creative and fun environment to work in. Great coworkers.

Cons

We have grown so quickly that there are some growing pains. Finding employees fast enough to fill positions is a challenge, therefore burdening already busy employees. Compensation is below what is should be. But benefits are decent.

Work to even out salaries of people who have been there for a while to those that are just coming into the work force. Reward experience, not demanding youth.

Great people to work with, wonderful working environment

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We have a great group of people to work with at our office. No office drama and everyone is a team player. Lots of exposure to different types of projects and brainstorming opportunities; out of the box thinking is highly encouraged. Work-life balance is the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

On-boarding is not the best....kind of sink or swim. Bonuses and raises leave much to be desired, not as promised while interviewing.

Incredible opportunities for growth and experience

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Catapult is a team environment and offers ample opportunity to grow and work outside the box. The experience is one of a kind.

Cons

There have been some corporate changes which has made it challenging to get through layers of approvals if there's something that needs attention immediately but it's growing pains and common in corporate environments.

Great place to work.

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Smart/creative people
    Casual yet professional environment
    Room for advancement
    Full benefits/401k matching

Cons

Constant growth means constant evolution. It can be challenging to roll with all the changes.

GREAT team atmosphere, new creative experience

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Catapult is that there's an open-door idea policy. When faced with new projects and challenges from our clients, it's common for teams to reach out to everyone, company-wide, for advice or expertise. They really foster a feeling of camaraderie and collaboration. I'm lucky to work with a vast stable of truly talented people.
    It's also interesting for Creatives since "shopper marketing" is a different approach than "advertising." The focus is really on the Shopper ("user" or "consumer") and Insights are a really huge part of the brainstorming process. A lot of opportunities for different kinds of work, from traditional in-store signage to emails to websites to events!

Cons

Due to the rapid growth rate of Catapult, there are a few hiccups in mid-management and leadership. Often, managers are overwhelmed with many additional team members; they don't receive the necessary training for leading sizable groups. Sometimes process is interrupted or miscommunications occur (though all problems are addressed and handled appropriately).
    This is a place where you will be CONSTANTLY BUSY. Our clients expect work yesterday. If you aren't used to lightning-fast turnarounds and last-minute changes, you'll get lost here. But if you like being challenged and really applying your time management and supercreative skills, it's pretty fun.

Would love to see some more training! And please send your creative teams to conferences & other events - we like learning just as much as our Account counterparts do!

Big

Current Employee - Art Director in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Art Director in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is great how it opens up opportunities all over the US and gives you a chance to work with a large, successful company. The clients we work for great and fun brands and are fun to work with. Most of the managers are their for you and very personable.

Cons

It has switched ownership 2 times since I have been here and that has made us so big, I'm not even sure what we are anymore. Bigger can be better, but we have a lot more red tape and share owners to make happy. Also, with all the technology out their, it is still hard to work over long distances with other offices. There is nothing like the relationships you build daily about the water cooler. I wish they would actually staff our office correctly and we could be a completely functional office.

Do what you can to take care of your people. Make sure expectations are clear and not out of line with job title.

Passion and commitment at every level

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's a passion for the business at every level, from entry all the way up to the CEO. Because of this, career opportunity is great - no one will ever stick you in a lane at Catapult and tell you you must stay there. Initiative, motivation and contribution are always rewarded. It's also a very collaborative agency with teamwork opportunities across levels, departments and locations - a great way to learn, to network and to have your successes seen by many.

Cons

Still working through how to stay nimble and hold on to strengths originally developed as an independent agency now that Catapult is part of Epsilon/ADS.

Keep up with the great commitment to all-agency communication - it keeps us feeling like one company as we expand. Do an even better job at explaining who's responsible for exactly what in roles where lines can get blurry.