Catapult Marketing

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Kramer

Great company. Smart/Strategic employees.

Account Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people. Catapult truly has marketing experts within it's walls which creates a great sense of inspiration and motivation.

ConsOffice leadership has been a challenge. Recently acquired by Epsilon and merging of processes is taking a long time - which creates consistent issues. Work-life balance is an issue and overarching feeling that work takes priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to better evaluate workloads to ensure we are properly staffed to take in the amount of work that is currently in house.

Great Agency Opportunity

EVP (Current Employee) Westport, CT

ProsThere are a nearly infinite number of different opportunities to drive your clients' business, help shape the agency, and contribute to the culture of the organization. The agency's leaders are hands on and looking to do big things. Access to resources and opportunities to participate in broader initiatives through the parent company Epsilon open up additional doors.

ConsLike many agencies, work-life is a major challenge, especially as the agency runs lean. Given the significant number of changes over the past few years, the organization is still digesting those and getting "re-settled."

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the big prizes and take care of your most valuable assets.

Great for career start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEngaging teams, friendly atmosphere, great snacks, managers very willing to mentor and help nurture your career interests

ConsDue to recent changes in the company and parent company, Catapult is definitely in a transitioning phase (which is not necessarily a con, but something to be aware of)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everyone is a team player and rarely will you ever be left alone doing work without help.

Art Director (Current Employee) Westport, CT

ProsPlenty of opportunities to work on brands other than your own, lots of exposure to different types of brainstorming and projects. All of the upper management has a goal to get as many people working as possible to get everyone home earlier, which is nice.

ConsThere's an expectation for you to stay late without being asked. It's easy to leave, but you'll be guilt tripped about not sticking around to help for longer than just that day. Work/Life balance can get skewed pretty quickly this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople don't get paid enough to do the job above them and their own.

Act As If

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsSmart people, lots of resources

ConsOn your own as soon as you start, no identified training. Work/life balance is not a priority

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of ideas/suggestions of mid and lower level employees (those in the trenches)

Sweatshop with some positive qualities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westport, CT

ProsCatapult manages to attract talented people and high profile clients. They always seem to push themselves to be better. You'll work on interesting projects and learn things along the way.

ConsSenior account leadership consists of some bitter characters who show some of the markings of substance abuse. They are not shy about bringing this anger to work with them. If you're on the account side, they will be the gatekeepers of your success. The HR department does not function to support employees, but rather to protect the company from them in case legal matters arise.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your employees assets instead of adversaries.

Entrepreneurial and forward thinking

Marketing Communications (Current Employee) Westport, CT

ProsLeading thought leadership in Shopper Marketing and Data-Driven Marketing. Great people. Ideas welcomed. One of the best things about working at Catapult is being part of a leading edge agency. We drive innovation in the industry and our clients are great partners.

ConsSome late nights, but this is true of many agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to have more of our great town hall meetings, and get to know colleagues in other offices.

Taking Shopper and Promotion into the Future

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCatapult is the only agency that has been recognized as tops in both shopper and promotion. Now with their data technology connection they have a unique ability to drive transactions.

ConsYou have to find a new route everyday, just doing like you did it the year before is unacceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementAggressively communicate the data technology difference.

The grass is brown on the other side-- I'm in it for the long haul!

Vice President (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsDespite the changes that always happen in our industry, these are the smartest and most hardworking folks around. I love the collaborative vs. competitive environment and the respect people have for each other. Leadership works hard to do protect what's important: our clients and our talent. Its a great working environment with amazing clients.

ConsThere is very much a roller coaster of new surprises (both good & bad) since being acquired by Epsilon/ADS. Once the dust settles more, I'm confident that this will continue to be the best game in town.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the special sauce cooking!

Catapult prides itself on the people and the work. It is a culture of continuous learning.

Account (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work, clients and people. Creative and fun environment.

ConsLots of recent change in reporting/ownership. Seems to be settling in a good place.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve and grow people within the ranks

Worked for Catapult Marketing? Contribute to the Community!