Catapult Marketing

great atmosphere

Current Employee - Developer in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Developer in Westport, CT

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, signing many new clients. Great co-workers who are willing to help.

Cons

There is not a standard workflow from the account teams to the development team. Account teams will not bring in the tech team before making decisions.

Good company, but room for improvement

Current Employee - Account in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time

Pros

Catapult has some very talented people working for them. We produce great work that we can be proud of. Work/life balance is good, but depends on which team you are on and role you are in. Some teams better than others. It is a creative and fun environment to work in. Great coworkers.

Cons

We have grown so quickly that there are some growing pains. Finding employees fast enough to fill positions is a challenge, therefore burdening already busy employees. Compensation is below what is should be. But benefits are decent.

Work to even out salaries of people who have been there for a while to those that are just coming into the work force. Reward experience, not demanding youth.

Great people to work with, wonderful working environment

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We have a great group of people to work with at our office. No office drama and everyone is a team player. Lots of exposure to different types of projects and brainstorming opportunities; out of the box thinking is highly encouraged. Work-life balance is the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

On-boarding is not the best....kind of sink or swim. Bonuses and raises leave much to be desired, not as promised while interviewing.

Incredible opportunities for growth and experience

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Catapult is a team environment and offers ample opportunity to grow and work outside the box. The experience is one of a kind.

Cons

There have been some corporate changes which has made it challenging to get through layers of approvals if there's something that needs attention immediately but it's growing pains and common in corporate environments.

Passion and commitment at every level

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's a passion for the business at every level, from entry all the way up to the CEO. Because of this, career opportunity is great - no one will ever stick you in a lane at Catapult and tell you you must stay there. Initiative, motivation and contribution are always rewarded. It's also a very collaborative agency with teamwork opportunities across levels, departments and locations - a great way to learn, to network and to have your successes seen by many.

Cons

Still working through how to stay nimble and hold on to strengths originally developed as an independent agency now that Catapult is part of Epsilon/ADS.

Keep up with the great commitment to all-agency communication - it keeps us feeling like one company as we expand. Do an even better job at explaining who's responsible for exactly what in roles where lines can get blurry.

Strong new business focus

Current Employee - Account Supervisor
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of focus on new business, which is both good and bad. On the plus side, in an industry where business is won and lost often and people loose their jobs because of it, the Catapult focus on new business makes it feel like there is a strong effort to ensure that there is always a job for everyone and that opportunities to work on new and different clients are available.

They are also quite flexible when it comes to schedule and work/life balance. They are open to work from home days if you need it, and as long as the work gets done, no one is looking over your shoulder to make sure you are in the office every minute.

Cons

The down side of the intense focus on new business sometimes makes it feel like your day-to-day efforts to serve your current clients are a secondary interest for the company and are not recognized as much as they should be.

The path to advancement is also very unclear and seems a bit slow. I have noticed my counterparts at other agencies with similar levels of experience moving up through the ranks more quickly than people seem to at Catapult. There are no defined benchmarks for each level of responsibility, but I believe that is something that HR is working to create.

I've been here a long time, and I like it a lot — but there are down sides.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people are the #1 reason I've stayed as long as I have. The community of growth, flexibility, collaboration and just plain hard work is second to none. It's a company where self-motivated employees are rewarded with career-building opportunities, and the broad array of clients mean you can get exposure to a number of different disciplines at once. Plus now that we're owned by a larger company (Epsilon), benefits are competitive and fair — insurance offerings and time off policies are in line with the competition, plus there are some extras that are really nice (example: back up daycare included)

Cons

Like any agency, the work/life balance is a struggle. "The speed of shopper marketing" is used as an excuse for unreasonably tight timelines and poorly staffed accounts, and when hires are — finally — approved the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process is complicated, lengthy and largely ineffective. This means that meeting expectation in a normal 8-9 hour work day is extremely difficult — days are hectic and require better than average efficiency and prioritization for success.
    Pay isn't great, but it's not terrible either.

We NEED more effective recruitment and hiring procedures — when we finally get hires approved the spots are very difficult to fill. Whether this is more staff internally, or working with outside vendors, this is one of the most difficult and most frustrating aspects of the job.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Smart/creative people
    Casual yet professional environment
    Room for advancement
    Full benefits/401k matching

Cons

Constant growth means constant evolution. It can be challenging to roll with all the changes.

Entry Level Marketing Position

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had no previous marketing experience and they brought me in and showed me the ropes. It's not an easy career field to get into since most places require years of experience. They also allow you to move around in your role and duties so you get the full experience and learn an array of aspects of marketing. Very good starting wages for entry level! The upper management is what sold me on working here. They have a very strong sense of culture and the senior leadership is very involved and listens to feedback. Everyone is very open to new ideas.

Cons

The job has high responsibility so only take it on if you are willing to put in the work and be professional.

None. Keep things as they are.

Great team of smart, motivated individuals (for the most part) doing good work.

Current Employee - Director in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Director in Westport, CT

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Minimal adult supervision. Growth opportunities abound if you are willing to put in the work. Compensation is good. Innovative thinking is welcomed and rewarded. Good team spirit. Fun place to be.

Cons

Quality of leadership varies with the department/brands you work on. Employees are expected to learn on the job--little formal training. Company sometimes fails to stand up to abusive clients which can make some accounts a challenge. If you need /like constant feedback and guidance on your performance, this place is not for you. Substantial workloads.