Catapult Systems Reviews

Reset
3.6
Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • That speaks to work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• The best part about working here is getting to know and work with great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee Bonus structure is a joke and don (in 3 reviews)

• Because the company is relatively small, career advancement into more managerial roles are relatively small as well (in 2 reviews)

1. Solid place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Great as far as consulting firms go. Everyone is very approachable and a long of long time tenured Catapult people create a great consulting environment.

Cons

Sometimes feels a bit like a cog in a wheel. As the company grows, management seems to be getting farther and farther from the ground floor.

Advice to Management

Stay grounded and involved with your consultants. Broaden the type of work we are selling and adapt to the changing market.

Good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of good people that care about the business and each other. Positioned to take advantage of market changes.

Cons

Working through post acquisition and leadership changes but those are solvable problems

Advice to Management

Realize the company's new vision, continue grooming management team, lots of potential to realize

3. If you want to be in consulting, Catapult is the place you want to be!

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team culture! People care for each other and work hard to bring successful solutions to our clients. Delivery of our services is a combo of local delivery and remote teams so we enjoy good balance between work and home life. Client projects are challenging. Now developing and selling solutions as a service which is an exciting new realm for us!

Cons

Need to focus on getting more long-term projects. Some years we have lots of them, and some years we have lots of smaller ones which can add to the management churn that happens with lots of smaller projects.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on maintaining the strong culture that has been key to our success over the past 20+ years. Focus sales on key accounts and building relationships with those accounts for long-term relationships.

5. Great company with an awesome culture

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

Pros

I'm a senior lead consultant with 5 years experience at Catapult and have met some of the best people in my career while working here. Catapult has built a culture based on trust and teamwork and the projects we do are challenging and rewarding.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Management Does Not Understand Current Market Trends

Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, people are very friendly, general work atmosphere is great

Cons

Horrible SOW's that are not even possible to meet with given hours but yet expected Internal IT and management think that a 5 year old laptop is acceptable Marketing and sales HEAVILY relies on Microsoft deals/vouchers for gigs and is unable to obtain their own deals organically New management does not understand current consulting landscape, changes they wanted to implement have not been done fully and yet they announce new ones.

Advice to Management

Fully implement your plans before you attempt to implement anything new. The Cloud is not just some new FAD that will go away. Get a new internal IT team. Bring back Sam!

Ditto to "immature, failing company" review

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beer cart on Fridays, easy to maintain a work/life balance, awesome company parties, gained a lot of friends who feel the same way I do

Cons

Poor management. I second everything said by the "immature, failing company" review. Also disappointed that we were asked by our CEO and managers to give positive ratings on Best Places to Work every year instead of addressing how we really felt.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be managers.

Cool company that is still in transition

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is still laid back. And for the most part you are treated like an adult.

Cons

Do to their incomplete transition with their merger the company has little room for spin up or time to let individuals develop. I was laid off after 3 short months!!

9. Best place I have ever worked!

Current Employee - Special Projects Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Special Projects Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult offers a great sense of stability. There are always new projects to work on and there is rarely any downtime. Catapult is very flexible with their employees. There are no time cards and you are able to work remotely fairly often. Catapult provided me with comprehensive training which has enabled me to become a stronger business professional. I sincerely look forward to coming to work each day and this is something that I have rarely experienced in my previous positions.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that fact that Catapult seems to take on more work than the team can handle. It seems like our clients have to "get in line" because we don't have enough resources to support our current workload.

Advice to Management

Recruit new talent to lighten the load a little.

10. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keeps up with the newest technologies, excellent benefits including certification tracks, great work environment.

Cons

The money is kept tight: salaries, infrastructure, etc. suffer

RSS Feed </> Embed